Flying Blue FAQ

Old Jun 6, 2024, 2:22 pm

Programs: FB Plat
Usually the answer of such question on the forum is that you will fly your first flight after linking an Accor ALL account to your FB account, resulting in a +5XP bonus to be credited.
Goldorak, Fabo.sk and 321 like this.
Old Jun 6, 2024, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Porcepic
Usually the answer of such question on the forum is that you will fly your first flight after linking an Accor ALL account to your FB account, resulting in a +5XP bonus to be credited.
Strange, I flew KLM not even a month ago (LUX-AMS), and have the accounts linked for good 2 years now. I definitely won't mind the extra XP if it goes through...
Old Jun 6, 2024, 6:55 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Did you just register to Accor Live Limitless & Flying Blue ? That will add XP to your next trip
Old Jun 10, 2024, 8:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold | Marriott Titanium
Does anyone have experience with the availability of Korean Air flights through Flying Blue? It seems like they allow one seat (in J) to be booked do they keep it like that once sold or do they add availability later again?

I needed a flight for two but now just booked the one reward seat hoping for additional availability. Otherwise Ill just purchase an Y ticket
Old Jun 17, 2024, 2:07 pm

I was wondering how much an Air France flight will fluctuate in cost. It's still 11 months away but the points required for a J flight I was looking at (ATH-CDG-YOW) jumped by 4 times as I was trying to acquire the last remaining points.

Have I missed the window or might it drop again?
Old Jun 24, 2024, 3:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by cmichael1279
The calendar view was working for me up until a few days ago, with no problems - now I'm getting blank calendars. Anyone else having similar issues?
I'm getting blank monthly calendars as well as weekly when you choose a date. Sure does make it hard for me to find biz saver awards! They couldn't possibly be doing this on purpose, right?
Old Jun 27, 2024, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
as of 6/27 8pm EST, I cannot log into the FB app or the website.
Am I SOL?

All good now.

Last edited by zip10001; Jun 27, 2024 at 6:42 pm Reason: Issue fixed
Old Jul 1, 2024, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have over half a million miles and I am trying to book an award flight for two people, total 18,000 miles. System says I don't have enough miles to book the trip. So what do I do? Do I really have to call for this??

The flights in question are one way intra Asia flights on VN.

​​​​
Old Jul 1, 2024, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by joachimm
I'm getting blank monthly calendars as well as weekly when you choose a date. Sure does make it hard for me to find biz saver awards! They couldn't possibly be doing this on purpose, right?
Same here... None of the tricks mentioned above are working now...
Old Jul 1, 2024, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I mean, it's so unbelievably bad I can't even get near booking on the Flying Blue website, which redirects me to the Air France website. Oddly, I thought that the AF website was one of the ones that actually worked. I had no idea the whole thing was so random and bad.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 5:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Hello all,

I have been dealing with FB customer service regarding a downgrade claim under EU261 on an award travel. Even though I provided all the documents requested showing a downgrade, boarding passes included, FB is refusing to look at my claim saying the travel was in business class.

I need to pass over the first layer of customer service agents who clearly can not read a boarding pass. Can any member on the forum help me?
Old Jul 3, 2024, 12:47 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Skip FB and go straight to the airline.
gojko88 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2024, 7:13 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Skip FB and go straight to the airline.
thank you, thats what I did first. They refunded me the taxes and fees because of the downgrade and sent me to FB to get the miles.
Old Jul 5, 2024, 9:15 am

Using Points For Business Class NA to EU

Moderator: Please post on appropriate forum.
My wife and I just returned from flights on AF in business class using Flying Blue points. This was our first trip in many years on AF and we were very impressed at each stage of our journey. Firstly, it was 50K points pp each way booked 6 months out. We went RT, IAD - GVA with a stop in CDG. There is a small lounge in IAD that was small, however comfortable. The food served on board was fantastic both ways. As we normally travel UA Polaris overseas, the comparison was easy; lounges - SFO not great, seats - similar, customer service on board - AF markedly better.
The business class availability is much more on AF than UA. This has been a moving target over the years, but this year and early next, AF is 50/55K and UA is 80/100K+. Not close. Unfortunately from NA, AF to AU/NZ/Asia just isnt practical. UA flights will cost much more. So, NA to EU is a sweet spot .
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2024, 12:32 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Looking on flying from CDG to EZE in F, and since LP is not operated to EZE i'll stop in GRU and then buy a ticket with AR in J.
I guess AF won't have a problem in sending my bags all the way to EZE since AR and AF have agreements. My question is, will I be able to send 3x 32kg bags (since it's the allowed in AF LP being Plat)?
Also im wondering if calling AF would allow me to directly book a CDG-GRU-EZE award if I see GRU-EZE availability (but not online on af site).

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.