Flying Blue FAQ

Old May 4, 2024, 2:29 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by cf1
Will I get a free checked bag on an ITA Airways flight booked into Economy light as a Flying Blue Silver member?
Yes. Flying Blue Silver = Skyteam Elite = 1 extra bag on Skyteam flights.
cf1 likes this.
Old May 4, 2024, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by abelincolnFlyertalk
New to FB - matched from other alliance to Platinum.
Was this through the current "paid for" status match campaign or something else?
Old May 5, 2024, 4:01 am

Current paid campaign.
Old May 5, 2024, 5:57 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Looking at a potential flight with KQ JNB-UK return. Internal UK flights operated by BA with KQ flight numbers. Would I get the requisite XPs for the BA flights?

Thanks
Old May 5, 2024, 6:51 am

Programs: FB Plat
As per https://www.flyingblue.com/en/spend/...-kenya-airways :

EARN MILES AND GAIN XP / Earn Miles and gain XP on:
  • Flights marketed as Kenya Airways (KQ) and operated by one of the SkyTeam partner airlines, as per the earning scheme below.
  • Flights marketed as Kenya Airways (KQ) and operated by Precision Air between Nairobi and Zanzibar, Kilimanjaro, Mombasa or Dar es Salaam; or between Mombasa and Zanzibar, as per the earning scheme below.
[...]
BA not being one the SkyTeam partner airlines, you will not earn any XP even if it is KQ-marketed.
Saltire74 likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 4:33 pm

I am sure this has been answered on this forum, but my searches didn't bring up an answer.

I'm a new Flying Blue Platinum. I recently booked an AF trip on a mix of long- and short-haul in Business Light. As a FB Platinum, I am able to select seats free of charge, but not those in Row 1 (on either an A359 or the short-haul segments) - they show free on the seatmap. Is this normal, or should a Plat be able to select these in advance?
Old May 5, 2024, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by makin'miles
I am sure this has been answered on this forum, but my searches didn't bring up an answer.

I'm a new Flying Blue Platinum. I recently booked an AF trip on a mix of long- and short-haul in Business Light. As a FB Platinum, I am able to select seats free of charge, but not those in Row 1 (on either an A359 or the short-haul segments) - they show free on the seatmap. Is this normal, or should a Plat be able to select these in advance?
Normally, you should be able to select them for free. You should call the PSL.
Old May 7, 2024, 3:20 pm

Worked perfectly - thank you! Row one on the A359 looks great.
Goldorak likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 6:42 am

Programs: *G
I'm a *A flyer with a dormant FB account.

Spouse and I took a single KLM trip across the calendar year Dec23-Jan24.

Her fresh account racked enough XP from that trip to get Status. My account had a XP reset on Dec 31 2023, which removed the Dec'23 leg's XP and only leaves me with the Jan'24 leg's XP, thus status. I didn't have a single flight (or qualifying activity) with FB for the prior years.

That's a bit wrong, no? If I had created a brand new account instead, instead of using the dormant one (that had zero value), I would end up with status. Emailed the FB contact but wonder how helpful they'll be.

edit: to their credit they responded to emails very quickly. but shot down my lobbying. disappointed, but thems the rules.

Last edited by deniah; May 8, 2024 at 6:58 am
Old May 8, 2024, 8:25 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Unfortunately, that is the case.
hhdl likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 4:52 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
If one is going multiple years between flights one could use the status on, does it really matter whether one has status?
Old May 9, 2024, 12:52 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by hhdl
If one is going multiple years between flights one could use the status on, does it really matter whether one has status?
unless one plans to change allegiances ..
Old May 22, 2024, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
Here's a new question.

I just looked at my Flying Blue acct and have a family account set up.

But when I look at travel companions, there is no one listed. So one has to manually add travel companions even though they are already recognized as family flying blue members?? Sounds redundant.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by tassojunior
not for me. It always throws me to blank calendars. And using a date it gives me a new faded award site nothing like the old one.
The calendar view was working for me up until a few days ago, with no problems - now I'm getting blank calendars. Anyone else having similar issues?
Old Jun 6, 2024, 1:04 pm

AMS-PRG r/t in eco showing +15XP in KLM app. Has there been a change to earning XP, or is it just false advertising and will end up being 2x5=10XP only?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.