Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2007, 3:55 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
2) My next itennary will take me over the 25K miles barrier, but I will not have completed the 15 Skyteam journeys, does this mean I will/will not qualify for silver?
It is one or the other, no need to do both. So if you go over 25K miles you will qualify. Other people that have less than 25K but 15 segments will also qualify.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 2:16 pm

Programs: Marco Polo, MileagePlus
Two very quick questions,

1) If an KL coded flight is operated by a non-skyTeam carrier (in theis case Aer Lingus) but the booking was made though KL, and my flight number is KL XXXX, will I still earn miles? I will be crediting to FB, btw/ My interpretation of the rule is that all AF & KL flights will earn miles,regardless of operator, but a flight like AerMexico on Mexicana metal would not. Is this correct?
If you can provide proof (ticket or boarding card) where it is clearly stated that the flight was operated by KLM = KL XXXX, you shouldn't have any problems getting both Level and Reward-miles for this flight. Just make sure to send in your original ticket/boarding pass to the Flying Blue "camp" in France. You can fill in a form on the KLM website - "Miles Correction Form" (you'll find it under claim missing miles).

Good Luck!
Old Jun 5, 2007, 1:54 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by dm101
If you can provide proof (ticket or boarding card) where it is clearly stated that the flight was operated by KLM = KL XXXX, you shouldn't have any problems getting both Level and Reward-miles for this flight. Just make sure to send in your original ticket/boarding pass to the Flying Blue "camp" in France. You can fill in a form on the KLM website - "Miles Correction Form" (you'll find it under claim missing miles).

Good Luck!
I am pretty sure he was asking for the opposite

Normally, yes, you're entitled to earn miles on code-shares operated by a non-SkyTeam airline, however normally only Award miles. This is what the Terms & Conditions state on the matter (from klm.com):

2.5 All scheduled Air France, KLM, SkyTeam and Kenya Airwaysoperated flights, including flights with an Air France or KLM flight number showing the AF or KL designated code, qualify for Level and Award Miles accumulation. Flights operated by Airline Partners other than SkyTeam and Kenya Airways qualify for Award Miles only.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by nomad1974
I am pretty sure he was asking for the opposite
Ok? And how would you answer this questiong then?

1) If an KL coded flight is operated by a non-skyTeam carrier (in theis case Aer Lingus) but the booking was made though KL, and my flight number is KL XXXX, will I still earn miles?

I gave him the following answer: Yes, if the flight you where on, had a KL XXXX flight nr, you will get both Level and Reward miles.

What was wrong with that?
Old Jun 5, 2007, 3:40 am

Ok? And how would you answer this questiong then?

1) If an KL coded flight is operated by a non-skyTeam carrier (in theis case Aer Lingus) but the booking was made though KL, and my flight number is KL XXXX, will I still earn miles?

I gave him the following answer: Yes, if the flight you where on, had a KL XXXX flight nr, you will get both Level and Reward miles.

What was wrong with that?
Well, there is no point in arguing about this but the question was about a KL-coded flight but which was operated by Aer Lingus. In your answer you said "If you can provide proof (ticket or boarding card) where it is clearly stated that the flight was operated by KLM = KL XXXX, you shouldn't have any problems...". This is not the case, here. The flight was booked under a KL flight number but operated under an EI one. See my previous post and quote from FB T&Cs for answer.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 3:50 am

I know what you mean... My answer got a bit confusing when I said that as long as the flight was operated by KLM, there wouldn't be any problems. I was just trying to say that as long as you have the KL prefix on the flight, your home free.

Perhaps it would be easier if Brian himself made everything clear, but the way I looked at it, was that he booked his ticket trough KLM, and that the flight also had an KL prefix. If this is the case, that the flight indeed had this KL prefix, then there are not reason why he shouldn't get both level and reward miles. That is even if he was flying with steal from Aer Lingus.

I'll give you an example. On a trip from Sydney to Amsterdam I was sitting in a Malaysia Airline machine (they are NOT an SkyTeam partner). But since both flights had an KL prefix (KL 4104 & KL 4102), there was no problems for me to get both level and reward miles on this flight.

As I see it, this is the exact same thing that Brian is asking about.

Cheers,
Joe

Last edited by dm101; Jun 5, 2007 at 3:55 am
Old Jun 5, 2007, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Perhaps it would be easier if Brian himself made everything clear, but the way I looked at it, was that he booked his ticket trough KLM, and that the flight also had an KL prefix. If this is the case, that the flight indeed had this KL prefix, then there are not reason why he shouldn't get both level and reward miles. That is even if he was flying with steal from Aer Lingus.

Cheers,
Joe
Thanks guys, for allyour help!

Basically the sitiation is as Joe sees it. The flight is booked through KLM plates and my flight number is KL3170 on my e-ticket reciept. I guess this flight number will also be on my bp.

Now, if any of you had a tip for a non-status to get a free t/a upgrade......

Cheers guys!
Old Jun 5, 2007, 4:05 am

I guess this flight number will also be on my bp.

Now, if any of you had a tip for a non-status to get a free t/a upgrade......
Not necessarily. On the trip I was mentioning above, both BP was issued by MH, and on these BP, you could only see the MH prefix. But as long as your ticket shows the KL prefix, you should be fine.

Regarding the upgrade question. If you're planing to fly with KLM in the future, you shouldn't even start thinking about getting a free upgrade. It will spare you a lot of disappointment in the long run...

/Joe

Last edited by dm101; Jun 5, 2007 at 4:44 am
Old Jun 26, 2007, 9:30 am
Suspended

I do not understand why nwa domestic v class fares get 25% as they are mid range fares and k being the lowest. Plus I was rebooked and in b class regardless.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 6:28 pm

Programs: alaska mileage plan
so here's an interesting thought....

I'll be flying SEA - CDG in sept. between my husband and I, we have quite a few AS miles. I'll be flying V class economy. I know this sounds really stupid and I'm prbly why off course, but is there any way to upgrade using AS miles?

Also, would it be beneficial to open up a FB account, as my complete journey would be KTN-SEA-CDG-JNB return, or should I see if I can credit whatever miles I can get to my AS account?
Old Jul 1, 2007, 9:53 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by zoenkie_25
Also, would it be beneficial to open up a FB account, as my complete journey would be KTN-SEA-CDG-JNB return, or should I see if I can credit whatever miles I can get to my AS account?
If all of your AF travel is in V you can just as well credit everything to Mileage Plan.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 1:29 am

Programs: FB Plat lifetimer,BA, US, LH
One question to all:

What ist AF carte club 2000? Somebody told me this is a higher level than Plat and you can apply for it. Any ideas?

I actually have my Plat requalifying for 2008 which makes me in September next year a lifetimer.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Mennix
One question to all:

What ist AF carte club 2000? Somebody told me this is a higher level than Plat and you can apply for it. Any ideas?
If you search for "Club2000" in the AF forum there are PLENTY of threads referring to this subject.

Originally Posted by Mennix
I actually have my Plat requalifying for 2008 which makes me in September next year a lifetimer.
Could you elaborate on that? How can you have already achieved lifetime Plat? That's interesting. AFAIK, it's only given after 10 consecutive years of being FB Plat and since the programme has not yet been around for 10 years I wonder how that may be. Thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2007, 9:36 am

Programs: FB Plat lifetimer,BA, US, LH
Originally Posted by nomad1974
If you search for "Club2000" in the AF forum there are PLENTY of threads referring to this subject.

Could you elaborate on that? How can you have already achieved lifetime Plat? That's interesting. AFAIK, it's only given after 10 consecutive years of being FB Plat and since the programme has not yet been around for 10 years I wonder how that may be. Thanks!
FD Royal Wings counts towards status.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:23 am

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Ah, but KLM used to be 7 yrs for lifetime P. If you had the 7 yrs before the program merger, then you retained the lifetime privelege.

I've been P for 5 years now, but was dropped to Gold for two weeks this year (in April). I am currently waiting to see if they will let me keep my 5yrs towards the 10 or if they are really going to make me start over because of the two weeks. All because my travel agent made a mistake and booked a DL flight with my DL number instead of my FB number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.