Community
Wiki Posts
Search

about the double account (FD & F+)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2005, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by pnb
That is effectively the advice I was given yesterday by the French FB Helpdesk.

I was told that the fax should be addressed to the "Identification Clients" department (same fax #: +33 1 58 68 68 00) and that it should also include a copy of a personal ID (driving license accepted). I was a little puzzled by this additional requirement, but it does not require much extra effort and may prevent further exchange of information (and delay...) with FB.

Not a quick process it seems; I sent copies of my cards three weeks ago but thw accounts have still not been merged. Rang the call centre and just got told to send the stuff again. Quite why they can't do it automatically, when the names and addresses on the two accounts are the same is a total mystery.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 2:10 pm

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
Same problem here, I've send the lettre and copies 3 weeks ago and still nothing.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 6:05 am

inactive KLM account

I have a KLM FD account which has been inactive for the last 2 years. Today they sent and email saying that "Next time you fly with us, we'll send you your new Ivory Flying Blue card". Since I don't have two cards to photocopy, what should I do to merge the accounts? Is it beyond their capability to have a link on the webpage where you just type in the details of the other account?
Old Jun 10, 2005, 8:17 am

Programs: Flying blue plat, Aerop,Accor, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Belgian in Paris
Same problem here, I've send the lettre and copies 3 weeks ago and still nothing.

I do have also the problem, unless that I sent the copy of my cards about one month ago ; is there a little bit of bottleneck there ? I can imagine that the double accounts are likely in number...
Old Jun 11, 2005, 7:28 am

Unhappy

Update information : I rang FB today for other reasons, and it seems that the merging should be done on June 13th.

In the meantime, it can lead to a number of errances : I had last week a CDG-YUL (Montréal) that I booked with my plat FB card, the one coming from KLM FD ; I presented this platinium card upon check-in ; I followed this week this account, and saw no credit of the miles ; this morning, I opened my other account, the one comin from F+, with a silver status FB ; I was somewhat surprised to realize that this flight, as well as the TLS-CDG, has been credited on this account, by a mysterious computing trick that I don't really understand ... With, as a direct consequence, the loss of half of my bonus miles compared to a platinium status ... I rang FB, who promised to credit the equivalent after merging... We shall see what happens, but I'm not that confident that this will be solved without another couple of phone calls or emails.... :rolleyes

Other amazing consequences : after doing this, I wanted to reopen my plat account, and it did'nt work : I did the numbers again, believing to mistakes, and the system suspended the access to the account for 24 hours ; I choose the same password for the two ones, but I can't understand that it could be the problem...

I think we are not done with the learning curve...
Old Jun 14, 2005, 10:45 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
The info you got on the phone was right my accounts have been merged. The transaction is a little hard to find as it is listed in December 2004
Old Jun 14, 2005, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by gaelflyer
Since I don't have two cards to photocopy, what should I do to merge the accounts?
If you log into the FB site with your old FD number, it should direct you to your FB account after a few pages of T&C.

FB Ivory members have a link allowing them to print out a FB card. However, while it display fine on screen, only the letters on the card appear to print out...

Also, I was told by a FB agent that a copy of an old card was acceptable, in case a corresponding FB card had not been received.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 9:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
So has anybody seen their two accounts succesfully merged yet? I am coming up to a month since I faxed and posted details of my two accounts to FB.

Looks like another round of phone calls
Old Jun 16, 2005, 10:29 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
Originally Posted by bcmatt
So has anybody seen their two accounts succesfully merged yet? I am coming up to a month since I faxed and posted details of my two accounts to FB.

As stated two post above mine have been merged but the transaction appeared in december 2004 (I had activity on KL only in 2004 though)
Old Jun 17, 2005, 4:24 am

Exclamation beware to the merging !

... at least for french people, or the ones who live in France : the merging was actually completed, but systematically on the old F+ number, whatever was the respective status of the former accounts : meaning for me for example, who was platinium through FD and silver from F+, I'm now platinium under the F+ number ; meaning also they'll have to send new cards, and that I hope that a flight that I've booked on the other number will work...

Which concerns me is not the fact they proceeded like this, there is likely good reasons (Flyaircanada, do you have an idea ?) but the fact that there was no warning or communication about this ; this would have avoided frustration, 3 successive suspentions of accounts during 24 hours, and 7 demands of new password for lost one...

This info was given me by FB people.

In the process I have also lost a few thousands miles of status bonus affected as silver as it would be platinium, but courage ; hopefully, all of this will be fixed eventually...

Last edited by pinkcity; Jun 17, 2005 at 4:27 am
Old Jun 21, 2005, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by pinkcity
... at least for french people, or the ones who live in France : the merging was actually completed, but systematically on the old F+ number, whatever was the respective status of the former accounts : meaning for me for example, who was platinium through FD and silver from F+, I'm now platinium under the F+ number ; meaning also they'll have to send new cards, and that I hope that a flight that I've booked on the other number will work...

Which concerns me is not the fact they proceeded like this, there is likely good reasons (Flyaircanada, do you have an idea ?) but the fact that there was no warning or communication about this ; this would have avoided frustration, 3 successive suspentions of accounts during 24 hours, and 7 demands of new password for lost one...

This info was given me by FB people.

In the process I have also lost a few thousands miles of status bonus affected as silver as it would be platinium, but courage ; hopefully, all of this will be fixed eventually...
Well I faxed my Platinum FD card and Ivory F+ card and they were cobined to a Gold FB card!!!

Loss of status and now a long phone call to try and get my status back!
Old Jun 21, 2005, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by monahos
FB Ivory members have a link allowing them to print out a FB card. However, while it display fine on screen, only the letters on the card appear to print out...
If you use IE, go into Tools/Internet Options, click on the 'advanced' tab, go down the list until you find 'Print Background colors and images' and make sure that it is ticked. That should do the trick. Other browsers probably have a similar option to tick/untick.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AF/KL FB Gold; LX FTL; PC Plat/Amb; SPG Gold; HH Gold; Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by bcmatt

My accounts were finally merged in the last couple of days. I was F+ bleu and FD entry level, and now have FB Silver status, with the same account number as for my F+ account. None of the miles transferred from my FD account are counted as status miles, but that's OK since only a handful were earned in 2004, IIRR.
I'd say it took them a good 6 weeks to get it done. They must have quite a backlog to deal with.
Anyway, for the first time, there has been a net reduction in the number of brightly coloured cards crammed into my wallet!
Old Jun 29, 2005, 2:59 pm

Programs: Plat FB / Gold Emirates
I have done this on 2 occasions and still the accounts have not been merged!!!! annoying
Old Jun 29, 2005, 3:48 pm

Programs: FB, HH, EB & Choice
Originally Posted by HugoCH
My accounts were finally merged in the last couple of days. I was F+ bleu and FD entry level, and now have FB Silver status, with the same account number as for my F+ account. None of the miles transferred from my FD account are counted as status miles, but that's OK since only a handful were earned in 2004, IIRR.
I'd say it took them a good 6 weeks to get it done. They must have quite a backlog to deal with.
Anyway, for the first time, there has been a net reduction in the number of brightly coloured cards crammed into my wallet!
I sent in a photocopy of my two Flying Blue cards immediately that I received them - I think more than two months ago ... and the accounts were merged only today.

On a positive note they managed to get all the point+flight sums right.

As for membership levels and assignment I had a ivory Air France account and a Silver KLM account, and I now have the Silver KLM one.

For whatever it is worth -

Jerene,
Your Too Frequent Flyer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.