KVS Availability Tool - AF/KL

Old Nov 6, 06, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by eFfeM
Just started to give KVS a try for the following reason:
I wanted to see if there is an possibiltiy to book a business class award ticket next summer to to the Dutch Antilles.

What am I doing wrong here?
I think awards are only listed on the paid versions (I know they're listed on the Plat version that I use.)

I looked up the date you listed, and saw no availability under NW/KLM and AF rewards. I'm not an expert user of KVS, so I'm sure you'll get more concrete responses later.
Old Nov 6, 06, 9:51 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eFfeM
If e.g. I try ams-cur on july 6, 2007 I get (with Apollo: ITN as I am using the lite version):

From what I learned in this thread D is the code for business class award and W is for economy. Thus according to Apollo there should be no availability for that day.

However, if I go to the FB web site award booking tool it will happily mention availability for that day and allow me to reserve 4 seats.
Perhaps, it could something to do with the FB website showing non-existent award seats: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=620794
Old Jan 24, 07, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I have been trying to find KLM business class reward availability for AMS-IST and am using Apollo. I can't find D availability for any dates - and I've tried the entire months of March and April. That is inconsistent with what KLM says when I phone them. Are we able to see KLM reward availability using this tool? I can't find a D or W bucket anywhere (and yes, I know that if they're zeroed out, I can't see them - but seriously, two months' of zeros even when KLM phone agents tell me there's availability?)

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. If someone can find a KLM flight - any flight - with Apollo that shows D as a fare class, let me know and I'll stand corrected.
Old Jan 24, 07, 9:24 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zeusscu View Post
I have been trying to find KLM business class reward availability for AMS-IST and am using Apollo. I can't find D availability for any dates - and I've tried the entire months of March and April. That is inconsistent with what KLM says when I phone them. Are we able to see KLM reward availability using this tool? I can't find a D or W bucket anywhere (and yes, I know that if they're zeroed out, I can't see them - but seriously, two months' of zeros even when KLM phone agents tell me there's availability?)

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. If someone can find a KLM flight - any flight - with Apollo that shows D as a fare class, let me know and I'll stand corrected.
You now need to use the [Sabre: ITN] Method to see D/W availability -- I have updated the chart at the top of this thread:

[KVS Availability Tool 2.7.2/Platinum - Sabre: ITN/US-AXC1]
Code:
AMS  Amsterdam-Schiphol NL [EHAM]
IST  Istanbul Ataturk TR [LTBA]
SUN  01 Apr 2007

Carrier   Flight From Depart    To   Arrive    A/C  St   Availability
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- ----------------------------------------- 
KL        1613   AMS  09:25     IST  13:45     737  0    J8 C7 Z4 X9 S9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 K9 L9 T9 E9 N9
KL        1615   AMS  12:00     IST  16:20     737  0    J6 C6 Z5 D1 X9 S9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 K9 L9 T9 E9
KL        1617   AMS  20:50     IST  01:15 +1  737  0    J7 C7 Z4 X9 S9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 K9 L9 T9 E9 N9
Old Feb 10, 07, 11:43 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by KVS View Post
KL Booking Classes Displayed (award/upgrade classes are in green):
  • Apollo: ITN
    • J C Z X S B M H Q K L T E N V
  • Sabre: ITN
    • J C Z D X S B M H Q K L T E N V W
  • WSpan: ITN
    • J C I Z X S B M H Q K L T E N V
  • Galileo: ETR
    • (TBD)
  • ITA: Awards/SkyTeam
    • D (CS) ? (CA) W (YS) ? (YA)
What does CA and YA mean for KLM?

I got the availability: YS- YA+ CS- CA+, but on Sabre no D or W were visible. Are there awards available or not? Or only upgrades, or what else do they mean?
Old Feb 10, 07, 11:53 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Brobbel View Post
What does CA and YA mean for KLM?

I got the availability: YS- YA+ CS- CA+, but on Sabre no D or W were visible. Are there awards available or not? Or only upgrades, or what else do they mean?
YA/CA refer to awards with no capacity controls. Does FB offer such awards to its own members?
Old Feb 10, 07, 11:27 pm

YA/CA refer to awards with no capacity controls. Does FB offer such awards to its own members?
FB has standard awards (in both economy and business class), some extra inventory for elite members (only economy class), and open miles-option. This is available (I thought) as long as a paid seat is available.

But (for example) CA- is shown also on flights were seats are available, so it's not the same as open miles. And it isn't the extra inventory for elite members either, because it's available for both economy and business class.

FB told me there was no availability, but I'm not an elite member...

So I don't understand what this means. Can someone help me out?
Old Feb 11, 07, 1:11 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

FB has standard awards (in both economy and business class), some extra inventory for elite members (only economy class), and open miles-option. This is available (I thought) as long as a paid seat is available.

But (for example) CA- is shown also on flights were seats are available, so it's not the same as open miles. And it isn't the extra inventory for elite members either, because it's available for both economy and business class.

FB told me there was no availability, but I'm not an elite member...

So I don't understand what this means. Can someone help me out?
YA/CA is the "PerkPass" option for NW FFP members (applicable only to NW/KL/CO flights), and it should correspond to the "open miles option" for FB.

For flights, which show YA-/CA-, have you tried asking FB if the "open miles option" was available (and vice-versa)?
Old Feb 12, 07, 2:45 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
I thought that AF and KL biz class tix book into O class, not D class. Did this change?
Old Feb 12, 07, 3:13 am

YA/CA is the "PerkPass" option for NW FFP members (applicable only to NW/KL/CO flights), and it should correspond to the "open miles option" for FB.

For flights, which show YA-/CA-, have you tried asking FB if the "open miles option" was available (and vice-versa)?
I tried AMS-YYZ
15/02 CS+CA+ awards available/open miles available
16/02 CS-CA+ awards not available/open miles available
18/02 CS-CA- awards not available/open miles not available BUT there are "normal" seats available.

So YA/CA is indeed for open miles, and I learned also that open miles are not always available when paid seats are...
Old Feb 12, 07, 4:59 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, Avianca Diamond, HH Silver, (OtherhalfGold), IHG Gold
Odd; AMS to KUL 15th feb shows J3 nil else and indeed one can get a C ticket; return on 24th feb shows J9 nil els but no availability on KLM website
Old Feb 12, 07, 12:53 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO_FT View Post
I thought that AF and KL biz class tix book into O class, not D class. Did this change?
AF and KL have different booking class structures, as per the charts at the top of this thread ...
Old Feb 13, 07, 5:16 am

KL Booking Classes Displayed (award/upgrade classes are in green):
  • Apollo: ITN
    • J C Z X S B M H Q K L T E N V
  • Sabre: ITN
    • J C Z D X S B M H Q K L T E N V W
  • WSpan: ITN
    • J C I Z X S B M H Q K L T E N V
  • Galileo: ETR
    • (TBD)
  • ITA: Awards/SkyTeam
    • D (CS) C (CA) W (YS) ? (YA)

Just an update: on Sabre I saw also the I-class.

I contacted FB for an explanation which classes were used.

For an award ticket on KL they use W for economy and D for business (as stated)
For an upgrade ticket on KL you have to book B or S, for availability they look at Z or D.
For an open miles ticket on KL they look to the C (business) or S (economy) class.
Old Feb 13, 07, 11:12 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just an update: on Sabre I saw also the I-class.

I contacted FB for an explanation which classes were used.

For an award ticket on KL they use W for economy and D for business (as stated)
For an upgrade ticket on KL you have to book B or S, for availability they look at Z or D.
For an open miles ticket on KL they look to the C (business) or S (economy) class.
Thx for the info -- I've updated the chart.
Old Jul 7, 07, 2:41 am

Programs: Delta SKYMILES SM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS GOLD, PRIORITY PASS
I wanr to check for award flying in Biz and Economy with AF/KLM from Dublin to Far east africa, I also want to be able to check Delta for awards and Upgrades from DUB to the USA.

Does KVS tool give both of these? If yes what level should I subscrbe to?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: