Flying blue Elite plus on SAS from 01.09.2024

Old Jun 13, 2024, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Flying blue Elite plus on SAS from 01.09.2024

Hi,
As we all know Flying Blue and EuroBonus will still be two separate programmes the next few years. The question is how will Flying Blue members be treated on SAS, especially Elite plus members. Currently Platinum members on FB have worse benefits than Diamond members on EB with SAS. Do you think there is hope that FB platinum will get the same benefits as Diamond on SAS from 01.09.2024 or wishful thinking 🤔 ?

Sincerely,
SB
Old Jun 13, 2024, 3:22 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Wishful thinking in my opinion. Id expect FB elites to get the published SkyTeam Elite (Plus) benefits on SAS and nothing more, until SK gets fully integrated into AFKL.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by strikerbird
As we all know Flying Blue and EuroBonus will still be two separate programmes the next few years.
For the next few years...not certain at all. I'm pretty sure Eurobonus will be replaced by FB after 1 or 2 years, if AFKL acquires SK.
NickB likes this.

Last edited by Goldorak; Jun 13, 2024 at 11:34 pm
Old Jun 13, 2024, 4:08 pm

Do you think there is hope that FB platinum will get the same benefits as Diamond on SAS from 01.09.2024 or wishful thinking 🤔 ?
I would not expect much. If they manage to recognize the standard benefits even "manually" (priority check-in/security/boarding, lounge) it would be a good start. They haven't been communicating much, except reminding us every month that September 1st SK joins SKyteam...
Old Jun 13, 2024, 11:32 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Goldorak
For the next few years...not certain at all. I'm pretty sure Eurobonus will be replaced by FB after 1 or 2 years, if AFKL acquires LX.
You mean SK not LX I assume? Or is this very wishful thinking?
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by MichielR
You mean SK not LX I assume? Or is this very wishful thinking?
oups ! sorry about that : SK indeed. Post edited.
MichielR likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2024, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Do you think we will get lounge access on domestic flights?
Old Jun 19, 2024, 9:44 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Do you think we will get lounge access on domestic flights?
No. They are joining SkyTeam, not Flying Blue. As much as we may not like it, SkyTeam rules are clear that domestic lounge access is only available in connection with an international flight. In France we get lounge access because of Flying Blue allowing their elites in, not because of SkyTeam.
the810 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2024, 2:41 am

It's going to be interesting to see how SK will treat their own elites in terms of lounge access on domestic routes. There are plenty of such routes in Norway and Sweden and in Oslo there is even a "domestic" lounge.
Old Jun 20, 2024, 3:32 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by sehgalanuj
No. They are joining SkyTeam, not Flying Blue. As much as we may not like it, SkyTeam rules are clear that domestic lounge access is only available in connection with an international flight. In France we get lounge access because of Flying Blue allowing their elites in, not because of SkyTeam.
There could in theory be a bilateral agreement allowing access, but I agree that it's rather unlikely at this stage.

Originally Posted by jerry_greece
It's going to be interesting to see how SK will treat their own elites in terms of lounge access on domestic routes. There are plenty of such routes in Norway and Sweden and in Oslo there is even a "domestic" lounge.
I'm pretty sure that Eurobonus members will retain lounge access on domestic flights. SAS would be shooting themselves in the foot if they started removing benefits at the time when many members are already considering switching to other airlines due to the alliance change.
sehgalanuj and hhdl like this.
Old Jun 20, 2024, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
Switching to Skyteam shouldn't require any changes to how SK treats its own Eurobonus customers.

Skyteam rules - including the lounge access rule that only allows lounge access ahead of a domestic sector when it's combined with a same-day international Skyteam flight - are a minimum standard that must be observed by all members. It doesn't mean that individual airlines cannot go further. Any Skyteam airline is free to offer further benefits above these minimum standards if they so wish - either to just their own status customers, or (as in the case of Air France allowing domestic lounge access even on purely domestic itineraries) to all Skyteam status customers.
Old Jun 20, 2024, 2:02 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Switching to Skyteam shouldn't require any changes to how SK treats its own Eurobonus customers.

Skyteam rules - including the lounge access rule that only allows lounge access ahead of a domestic sector when it's combined with a same-day international Skyteam flight - are a minimum standard that must be observed by all members. It doesn't mean that individual airlines cannot go further. Any Skyteam airline is free to offer further benefits above these minimum standards if they so wish - either to just their own status customers, or (as in the case of Air France allowing domestic lounge access even on purely domestic itineraries) to all Skyteam status customers.
Ben Lipsey indicated on here a while back that DL STE+ don't get lounge access on AF domestic (meaning within metropolitan France) itineraries; this could indicate that AF (and KL, though domestic KL service is mythical) enters into domestic lounge access agreements on a reciprocal basis.
Old Jul 4, 2024, 1:26 am
Original Poster

SAS has released their earning tables for Air France and KLM yesterday. When do you think Flying blue will do so for SAS?
Old Jul 4, 2024, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
SAS has released their earning tables for Air France and KLM yesterday. When do you think Flying blue will do so for SAS?
Flying Blue, in its 19-year history, has never pre-published the earning table of any new airline that becomes a partner.

I would not expect it before Sep 1....unless Flying Blue actually allows earning on SAS on a date prior to the official SkyTeam entry date.
Old Jul 4, 2024, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Good point.

Btw, I saw that you can now add in EuroBonus number while booking on KLM/Air France now
irishguy28 and f0zzyNUE like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.