Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Time format on AFKL website (English language version)

Old Jun 9, 2024, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador

Is there any way to force AFKL website(s) to use 24-hours clock when booking a trip using their English version? The 12-hours format is less than convenient in many instances, e.g. when I quickly try to determine which options are overnight and which are not.

Thanks
Old Jun 9, 2024, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by the810
when I quickly try to determine which options are overnight and which are not.
I'm not sure I understand your question; neither AF nor KL operate flights on any routes where you could confuse e.g. 3am for 3pm, at least none that I am aware of.

For example, neither AF nor KL have daytime flights from the US to Europe so you know instinctively that all of them are overnight; and Delta only has one (DL 266, JFK 08:05 CDG 21:35). Similarly, they don't have any overnight flights from Europe to the US; they all are daytime flights.

Last edited by irishguy28; Jun 9, 2024 at 11:36 am
Old Jun 9, 2024, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I'm not sure I understand your question; neither AF nor KL operate flights on any routes where you could confuse e.g. 3am for 3pm.
Most of my trips are within Europe and with a transfer at AMS/CDG. AFKL often pushes overnight transfers, so I may leave at 3 PM and have options to arrive at 9 PM or 9 AM. Of course I can read and understand AM/PM but since my brain works in the 24 hours format, it slows it down by a few seconds and is mildly impractical. AFKL website doesn't have that helpful "+1 day" note on the schedules - interestigly, the app does, but it's not needed there as much, since the app uses 24 hours format.

My question is what it is - is there any setting (or even a Chrome plugin would do) to switch that to 24-hours clock which most of Europe uses?
Attached Images  
Old Jun 9, 2024, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should probably look at the duration field; it's pretty obvious from that when an overnight is involved

Old Jun 9, 2024, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

You should probably look at the duration field; it's pretty obvious from that when an overnight is involved
That's what I'm doing. But when KL throws 15 options on you, you'd prefer to be able to filter them out quickly to see which ones are worth saving few euros and which ones will cost more in the accomodation.

My point isn't to discuss the semantics of the UI, I merely asked if there's an option to switch it to another time format (the same one their app uses). That's all I want to know
Old Jun 10, 2024, 2:27 am

Programs: FB platinum
Well, the issue is that "english" is assumed to be "american english" which of course has the most terrible choices for units & time formats

The UK - EN website for example is using the regular 24 hour format.

irishguy28, carnarvon and the810 like this.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lynxy
Well, the issue is that "english" is assumed to be "american english" which of course has the most terrible choices for units & time formats

The UK - EN website for example is using the regular 24 hour format.

Thanks, that's a good workaround but sadly replaces the original problem with a wrong currency problem 😃 I was actually considering using the Polish version before but don't for the same reason.

(I have to say that if AFKL does have a British English version developed, it's ultra weird to use the US English version for European locales. I'd really like to know the logic behind it, although it's probably just intern punching something into the computer.)
Old Jun 10, 2024, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by the810
(I have to say that if AFKL does have a British English version developed, it's ultra weird to use the US English version for European locales. I'd really like to know the logic behind it, although it's probably just intern punching something into the computer.)
They do not use US date and time formats on most of their European websites, even when set to English
Attached Images  
the810 likes this.

Last edited by irishguy28; Jun 10, 2024 at 6:32 am
Old Jun 10, 2024, 7:04 am
Original Poster

They do not use US date and time formats on most of their European websites, even when set to English
Thank you! That solves the issue

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.