Elite status and expiration dates

Old Jun 8, 2024, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Elite status and expiration dates

Hi - wondering if any of the Flying Blue experts can share. When does elite status expiration expire? I am short of 28 XP to make FB Gold by June 30 this year. I already passed 100XP to re-qual as Silver. earlier in the year. If I made it to 180XP before Jun 30, when will that Gold status expire normally?

I am tempted just to donate 56K FB miles and get that 28XP since I have no more trips until Fall .....

TYIA.
Old Jun 8, 2024, 1:18 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by r0m8470
Hi - wondering if any of the Flying Blue experts can share. When does elite status expiration expire? I am short of 28 XP to make FB Gold by June 30 this year. I already passed 100XP to re-qual as Silver. earlier in the year. If I made it to 180XP before Jun 30, when will that Gold status expire normally?

I am tempted just to donate 56K FB miles and get that 28XP since I have no more trips until Fall .....

TYIA.
The status and benefits expire 30 June in your case.

If you make Gold, you will move up and the benefits valid for one year.

If you fall short, 56XP will carry over and give a head start for next year.
Old Jun 8, 2024, 1:28 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
If you make Gold, you have Gold status for one year from July 2024 and fall back to Silver next year July 2025 if you do not requalify for Gold, regardless what XP you scored. I think staying at Silver now only will give you a head start of 52 XP (if you are 28 short for gold) for silver, so a need to score 48 XP till July 2025 to maintain silver.

You have to assess your travel patterns, but it could be that a year Gold which includes lounge access is worth the sacrifice of some mile donations of 56k. Particularly since from July 2025 you will have Silver regardless of what you fly in the coming year.
hhdl likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 8:35 am

Can you just donate miles for XP without a corresponding AF/KL operated flight? If there is a corresponding flight, I don't think you can choose exactly how many miles you can donate.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 8:46 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Yes, by donating your miles to charity on the FB website, rather than through the SAF mechanism.

Useful to buy a couple of XP if you're about to hit a status threshold or deadline
hsumh316 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.