Award flights with Oman Air available!

Old Jun 7, 2024, 7:08 am
ofj

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Without codeshare, even if booked through AF or KL, would still not earn XPs.
Are you sure? From my reading and understanding, anything booked on the AF/KL sites will automatically earn XPs and UXPs, regarding of carrier.
Old Jun 7, 2024, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ofj
Are you sure? From my reading and understanding, anything booked on the AF/KL sites will automatically earn XPs and UXPs, regarding of carrier.
That's incorrect.

Anything booked with an AF or KL flightcode will earn, regardless of the operating airline.

But not every flight sold by AF and KL on their websites has AF and KL flightcodes

The normal Flying Blue earning rules apply; simply buying a non-Skyteam or non-Flying Blue partner flight directly on the AF or KL website does not mean that the flight will earn miles, XPs and UXPs in contravention of the FB earning rules.

See the below example, from the KLM website, for flights to Karachi (for which, again, I can find no WY options)
Attached Images   
makin'miles, sehgalanuj and Rim1 like this.

Last edited by irishguy28; Jun 7, 2024 at 7:21 am
Old Jun 8, 2024, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
If you have access to AC miles, WY awards are also bookable through them with much lower fees/surcharges, though that's a theoretical concept in recent months with folks encountering various issues trying to book online or over the phone. Maybe it'll be fixed soon.

New Air Canada Aeroplan & Oman Air Partnership
Old Jun 9, 2024, 8:16 am

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
I booked a flight on Oman Air using the FB website, advertised as 91k for business class between Germany and Oman. Once I completed my booking it came up detailing my booking in economy yet has the business class luggage allowance attached to the ticket. Has anyone else had the same experience? Obviously I am going to have to call FB to sort this out but I noticed the same thing when I was checking other routes using the business class redemption rates.
Old Jun 9, 2024, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Toula
I booked a flight on Oman Air using the FB website, advertised as 91k for business class between Germany and Oman. Once I completed my booking it came up detailing my booking in economy yet has the business class luggage allowance attached to the ticket. Has anyone else had the same experience? Obviously I am going to have to call FB to sort this out but I noticed the same thing when I was checking other routes using the business class redemption rates.
I see the same issue, you dont even need to go till the end, you can see in the details of the flight on the selection screen that it is economy although you have selected business class ! Must some be some bug, better call them, as this is a new partnership, there maybe some issue at the start!
Old Jun 12, 2024, 4:09 am

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
the good news is by time I got around to calling when I pulled up the booking on AF site it had been rectified to reflect business class. I had to call Oman Air to get the correct booking reference and they were able to email me their reservation with my seats confirmed in business.
irishguy28 and newflyer27 like this.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 5:06 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Anyone knows how to find out the WY PNR, other than calling them?
Tried ringing up their US number but they seem to be fans of keeping bankers hours.
Is it worth trying to call AF?
Old Jun 22, 2024, 12:16 pm

Are you guys able to find any award availabilities at all from CDG to MCT? No matter what I try, I always get "Sorry, there are no flights available for this itinerary. Please try again"
Old Jun 22, 2024, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by randomdude
Are you guys able to find any award availabilities at all from CDG to MCT? No matter what I try, I always get "Sorry, there are no flights available for this itinerary. Please try again"
clear your cookies maybe?
I get plenty availability?

Old Jun 22, 2024, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by BobTL
clear your cookies maybe?
I get plenty availability?
Thanks!
Interestingly, I need to change my country to somewhere in europe to get those availabilities
Old Yesterday, 10:28 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Connections

From AMS to MCT, Flying Blue offers mostly connections in LHR, CDG and FRA. I understand that the CDG connection (2F -> 1) is likely to be a pain. Does anyone know whether connections in LHR and FRA are more convenient?
Old Today, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ok986
Does anyone know whether connections in LHR and FRA are more convenient?
Oman Air uses the same terminal in LHR that is used by both AF and KL - T4 - so it should be a relatively straightforward same-terminal connection, involving just a security check. It's quite a while since I did a T4-T4 connection at LHR but I don't recall there being a need to clear immigration, only security.
Old Today, 6:25 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by ok986
From AMS to MCT, Flying Blue offers mostly connections in LHR, CDG and FRA. I understand that the CDG connection (2F -> 1) is likely to be a pain. Does anyone know whether connections in LHR and FRA are more convenient?
LHR or FRA would be much easier I think, as I believe that EY is back in LHR T4 so is AFKL. And for FRA both in T2.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.