Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

FlyingBlue Award Involuntary Downgrade Business to Premium Economy

Old May 30, 2024, 7:04 am
Original Poster

The day before my flight AF downgraded CDG-DTW from 777-300 to 777-200 and lost 20 business class seats as a result. I was downgraded from Business to Premium Economy on this award ticket I paid 50,000 miles and $325 USD Taxes/Fees on. What compensation should I expect from Air France? EU 261 dictates 75% of the fare paid, but this is an award booking. Feedback is appreciated so I know what to pursue.
Old May 30, 2024, 7:15 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
75% of the fare paid is 37.500 miles plus 75% of the airline surcharge within the taxes&fees.
Old May 30, 2024, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
You may also call FB and ask to be put on another flight in J, or same flight but next day for instance, if you prefer this option.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

UPDATE: I was offered 326.24 USD travel voucher as compensation. Not sure how they arrived at this value given I paid miles.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 11:43 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by robdls
UPDATE: I was offered 326.24 USD travel voucher as compensation. Not sure how they arrived at this value given I paid miles.
I'd ask for 37.500 miles to be redeposited to your account which would be 75% of the fare paid (in miles).
cigarclub_nl likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.