Silver to Gold Status

Old Feb 14, 2024, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Silver to Gold Status

hi,
I'm a silver member and on 174 points. I booked a multi trip ticket to travel from the UK to Amsterdam, stay a day in Amsterdam, fly to Munich then stay a day there too before my return trip

My flight to Munich will tip me over the 180 mark to get gold. I fly back to the UK from MUN via AMS.

Seeing as I go over the 180 threshold mid trip will I have to wait until my return journey is completed to move to gold or will I move to gold mid trip?
Old Feb 14, 2024, 1:42 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by golfingflyer
hi,
I'm a silver member and on 174 points. I booked a multi trip ticket to travel from the UK to Amsterdam, stay a day in Amsterdam, fly to Munich then stay a day there too before my return trip

My flight to Munich will tip me over the 180 mark to get gold. I fly back to the UK from MUN via AMS.

Seeing as I go over the 180 threshold mid trip will I have to wait until my return journey is completed to move to gold or will I move to gold mid trip?
XP for AFKL operated flights typically post within 24 hours of the flight's departure, so it's likely that you'll be Gold for your return flights.
golfingflyer likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 4:23 pm

It will change mid-trip, but your existing booking(s) probably won't update automatically. If you need that for some reason, you can call customer service and have them re-apply your FB number and it'll reflect the new status.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks, you were both right. Thanks for your input.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.