Order of importance between passengers (algorithm)

Old Feb 13, 2024, 9:15 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Programs: DL DM, TK ELP, LA PASS Black, FB Platinum
Posts: 116
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Status is relevant but other things (including the time since your last opup) are more relevant.
of course other things are also relevant. But it was a booking together with my wife, not separate bookings. So all the other parameters are the same. And I am platinum since 6 years and never had an opup. So absolutely not to understand.
not talking about the prices for upgrades while check-in. For platinum are often triple the price than for other passenger.

I only stay platinum for the dedicated service line, which often helped me out on an incredible way and to reach Platinum for life. The rest is completely not worth it.
If I compare the platinum on FB and a Senator on Lufthansa, which is more Gold than platinum, because it's the second status and not the third like in FB, it's a joke. The Senator gives you a lot more than platinum on FB.
DrLudwig and Bullspread like this.

Last edited by JorgeGomez; Feb 13, 2024 at 9:24 am
JorgeGomez is offline  
Old Feb 13, 2024, 9:42 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: HAG
Programs: Der 5* FTL
Posts: 8,320
SEN is also ridiculously difficult to gain and maintain.
the810 and hhdl like this.
Fabo.sk is offline  
Old Feb 13, 2024, 11:10 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Paris
Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
Posts: 327
Originally Posted by JorgeGomez
The Senator gives you a lot more than platinum on FB.
Could you be more specific?
I am both and honestly from my perspective its not true:
As Senator LH I have officially
-2 evoucher for upgrade..but you can use those only on specific fares (normally the more expensive ones) and only upon really limited availability. Situation has turned so ridiculous that LH has extended the expiring date of 2021 vouchers already twice. To be added recently number of evoucher from Eco to Business have been set to 3.... as Senator you get only 2 expiring every 12 month ( no possibility to cumulate evouchers)
-no free luggage in light tarifs
-access to lounge with family but in the last year mostly denied as MUC an FRA are overcrowded
- 50% discount on partner ticket issued with miles ...if you only can find 2 tickets operated by LH group on the same flight!!! In intercontinental business consider it mission impossible, in Economy in Europe availability is good but mot likely you will have to pay for an eco ticket FRA to MIL and 2 pax 42k miles x + 200 in taxes... The same ticket will be wort 250 for the same 2 pax on LH internet site all in. No free cancellation of those ticket anymore.
- A special hotline based in Africa that does not even understand properly French nor English . Better if you speak with German based hotline but there is no 24/7 hotline. German special hotline average waiting time is 30 mn....

Did I miss something?




-
PROACTIVE is offline  
Old Feb 14, 2024, 2:20 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BRU
Posts: 327
Originally Posted by PROACTIVE
Could you be more specific?
I am both and honestly from my perspective its not true
Given their race to the bottom, difficult to defend LH and I moved most of my long haul to AF. But I'll play the devil's advocate

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE
As Senator LH I have officially
-2 evoucher for upgrade..but you can use those only on specific fares (normally the more expensive ones) and only upon really limited availability. Situation has turned so ridiculous that LH has extended the expiring date of 2021 vouchers already twice. To be added recently number of evoucher from Eco to Business have been set to 3.... as Senator you get only 2 expiring every 12 month ( no possibility to cumulate evouchers)
You can upgrade from almost any fare on LHG airlines. Star Alliance upgrades are, indeed, only from higher booking classes.
Only from the cheapest eco K, L, T to business does it require 3 eVouchers instead of 2. Also from premium economy to business 2 instead of 1 from N.

While availability is very limited for business to first upgrades (where I actually want to spend them), I've found it okay from eco to business.

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE
-no free luggage in light tarifs
Yes, a real PITA on short haul. No free seat assignment either.

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE
-access to lounge with family but in the last year mostly denied as MUC an FRA are overcrowded
Personally, I have never been denied entry with the family. But I agree, overcrowded lounges do not make it a pleasant experience...

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE
- 50% discount on partner ticket issued with miles ...if you only can find 2 tickets operated by LH group on the same flight!!! In intercontinental business consider it mission impossible, in Economy in Europe availability is good but mot likely you will have to pay for an eco ticket FRA to MIL and 2 pax 42k miles x + 200 in taxes... The same ticket will be wort 250 for the same 2 pax on LH internet site all in. No free cancellation of those ticket anymore.
As a SEN, you can call in to be put on a special Senator Waitlist and, should D or above be available, it clears immediately on most LH flights for you and your 50% companion.
However, I feel that the list of exceptions has increased those last years. And this does not work for LX, unfortunately.

No comment needed on the amount of YQ...

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE
- A special hotline based in Africa that does not even understand properly French nor English . Better if you speak with German based hotline but there is no 24/7 hotline. German special hotline average waiting time is 30 mn....
Agreed. How I miss the SN call-centre based in BRU... Try to call LX, they still have good French-speaking agents.
fereke is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.