AF + UL ticket on AF stock - how to credit?

Old Feb 6, 2024, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus
AF + UL ticket on AF stock - how to credit?

Mods: feel free to move if this has already been answered elsewhere, but I could not find this in the forums.

Booked J tickets for wife and I, CDG-(AF)-BOM-(UL)-CMB // CMB-(UL)-DXB-(AF)-CDG, sold under AF (057) stock, with AF and UL flight numbers. This was an odd flight not offered on the AF website, had to buy through Expedia, but shows up fine on both AF and UL websites.

My concern is how to best credit these flights.
Given UL is not a Flying Blue partner and the flights to/from CMB are operated and marketed as UL, I'm assuming these would credit 0 to Flying Blue... Is this correct?
If so, would we need to change our FF numbers to a Oneworld number in BOM, then back to AF FF in DXB on the way back? I'm afraid that the staff at these outstations might screw up and we might end up with 0 credits... Anyone have experience with that?

Thanks !
Old Feb 6, 2024, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Junior_2J&K
Given UL is not a Flying Blue partner and the flights to/from CMB are operated and marketed as UL, I'm assuming these would credit 0 to Flying Blue... Is this correct?
Yes.

If so, would we need to change our FF numbers to a Oneworld number in BOM, then back to AF FF in DXB on the way back?
No.

Do not change the number; once your AF flights have posted to your Flying Blue account, you can then pursue a retro-claim for the UL flights through whichever oneworld programme you use.
- or -
add both numbers and let the flights post where they may.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Or add no numbers (particularly if you don't have status) and retroclaim...
irishguy28 and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
Or add no numbers (particularly if you don't have status) and retroclaim...
Thanks. I thought of that but we did add my wife's AF FF to benefit from her plat status, since it let us select both our seats in J on a "light fare". I suppose we could perhaps remove them now though... I'll have to see if there's a way to do that.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Yes.

No.

Do not change the number; once your AF flights have posted to your Flying Blue account, you can then pursue a retro-claim for the UL flights through whichever oneworld programme you use.
- or -
add both numbers and let the flights post where they may.

Thanks, didn't know it was possible to add 2 FF numbers. I'll explore that as well perhaps !
Old Feb 9, 2024, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Thanks. I thought of that but we did add my wife's AF FF to benefit from her plat status, since it let us select both our seats in J on a "light fare". I suppose we could perhaps remove them now though... I'll have to see if there's a way to do that.
In that case, I'd leave it in. It's notoriously difficult to remove a FB number from an AF booking.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 6:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Not specifically with a UL booking, but I have had some AF and KL issued tickets that included UK segments. Usually I leave my FB number in the booking, which leads to credit to FB normally. Since UK is not a FB partner though, right after my flights I do a retro-credit to UK for the UK segments. This works quite smoothly. Perhaps that is the easiest way to do it.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sehgalanuj
Not specifically with a UL booking, but I have had some AF and KL issued tickets that included UK segments. Usually I leave my FB number in the booking, which leads to credit to FB normally. Since UK is not a FB partner though, right after my flights I do a retro-credit to UK for the UK segments. This works quite smoothly. Perhaps that is the easiest way to do it.
Thanks, will probably try that!
​​​​

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.