Green "Lowest Fare" option is not the lowest offered

Old Feb 5, 2024, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, UA PremSilver
Green "Lowest Fare" option is not the lowest offered

Can someone help me to understand why the "Lowest Fare" picked out in green is nearly double the miles of another (better) option on the list. What's the catch?

The green fare is not the lowest one listed.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:47 pm

Were you on the KLM website? Usually the “lowest fare” wobbler shows only on flights marketed on the airline of the website you are on.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, UA PremSilver
No, I was on the AirFrance website. Interestingly, I get an error when I try to book. It lets me get as far as entering passenger information, and then it return and error, saying "something went wrong".

UPDATE: I called the service line, and to my great surprise, they were able to book the same itinerary for an even better deal. I was afraid that they would tell me that the 70k offer was invalid...and they sort of did, except the valid amount was 50k!

This turned out to be a great experience and has me contemplating a switch over to AirFrance as my regular carrier.
paris1000 and Solevita like this.

Last edited by Fennario; Feb 5, 2024 at 5:28 pm
Old Feb 6, 2024, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
welcome to the wonders of AFKL IT !
Solevita likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.