Canada - Europe OW 13,500 miles

Old Dec 18, 2023, 10:45 pm

Programs: FB Gold, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Diamond; BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by yoloswag420
Reading this is hilarious. Y'all are just salty because you didn't stop to think "hey 13.5k miles in business class is way too good to be trued" and now you think you're owed recourse because of your dumb decision. If you were formerly a Flying Blue member for 20+ years and Platinum, and you still failed to realize how unlikely this is, you deserve to have it cancelled on you.

Both AF/KLM and you can be wrong, they made a mistake with pricing, and you had poor judgement. Always look out for yourself and the bottom line. Yes, it sucks when these things happen, but you're totally delusional if you think they'll honor it somehow because you're crying about taking legal action online.
And you or AF/KL are delusional if thinking AF/KL would get away with it in a court / under the applicable law. Me, based on my 20 years of experience, know foremost that you get your rights only if you fight for them. Kindly asking is one thing and enforcing your rights is another thing. The company must obey the law that applies the pacta sunt servanda principle or it shall not be trusted in their business at all by anyone.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by MitjaPod
And you or AF/KL are delusional if thinking AF/KL would get away with it in a court / under the applicable law. Me, based on my 20 years of experience, know foremost that you get your rights only if you fight for them. Kindly asking is one thing and enforcing your rights is another thing. The company must obey the law that applies the pacta sunt servanda principle or it shall not be trusted in their business at all by anyone.
This is actual clown behavior. You made a bad life decision and want to act like it's the end of the world. You can choose not to fly AF/KLM anymore. It's laughble you think this will affect their business at all. You are embarassing yourself with these replies trying to act like you're entitled to get 13.5k mile business class fares.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 11:18 pm

Reading this is hilarious. Y'all are just salty because you didn't stop to think "hey 13.5k miles in business class is way too good to be trued" and now you think you're owed recourse because of your dumb decision. If you were formerly a Flying Blue member for 20+ years and Platinum, and you still failed to realize how unlikely this is, you deserve to have it cancelled on you.

Both AF/KLM and you can be wrong, they made a mistake with pricing, and you had poor judgement. Always look out for yourself and the bottom line. Yes, it sucks when these things happen, but you're totally delusional if you think they'll honor it somehow because you're crying about taking legal action online.
yoloswag420 from the top rope! Much more spicy then their riveting question about Polaris Pajamas.

Last edited by Hagwar Swanson; Dec 19, 2023 at 2:25 am
Old Dec 18, 2023, 11:31 pm

This is actual clown behavior. You made a bad life decision and want to act like it's the end of the world. You can choose not to fly AF/KLM anymore. It's laughble you think this will affect their business at all. You are embarassing yourself with these replies trying to act like you're entitled to get 13.5k mile business class fares.
Didn't you notice the warning above from the co-moderator that you should not comment on the people posting but stick to the topic? You should stick to the rules. And btw, howcom you only have 3 posts on FT and 2 of those are in this thread?

And I cannot agree with you. Buying at low promotion prices is highly likely consumer behavior: people buy because its cheap, some might even make the decision to buy because of the low price. The decision to buy when prices are low is always a good idea in the consumerism. If you argue otherwise, please offer something more that you humble flat opinion.

I'm willing to fight for my rights if necessary and I have the means to do it. Period. There is nothing embarrassing to stand up for yourself, even if on the other side is a big corporation - especially not if law gives you a fair the chance against it (as in my case). Quite the opposite, it is embarrassing to chicken out at every negative event that aims from discouraging you from exercising your rights (it seems the latter is more your way of operating).

And finally, AF/KL handled unlawful here. The law does not provide for a right to unilaterally withdraw from an already concluded contract (due to miles + money payment for fees this would be legally seen as a mix of exchange (miles for flights) and purchase (paid fees and taxes) contract). If the company policies state such right of the company, such provisions would be null and void under Directive 2005/29/EC and the correspondent local laws of the country/region of the consumer. The law of the country of the consumer apply and the courts of the consumer have jurisdiction. This is relating to EU jurisdictions, cannot say for others. And it applies in my case, not being in France/Netherlands but being in an EU jurisdiction.
somody likes this.

Last edited by MitjaPod; Dec 18, 2023 at 11:40 pm
Old Dec 18, 2023, 11:42 pm

Still didn't receive any email that was mentioned by Ben, but flight in the app and on the website listed as cancelled.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 11:48 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Great way to start out on Flyertalk. So you call out members for "poor judgement" and then call others 'clowns' and "bad life decision".

Yes, everyone, if you happen to book a promo reward at a low amount of miles, that is a 'bad life decision'. Thank god everything else in life is a lot less serious and dangerous.
vovando likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 12:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
I think we all know it was an error.
Some of us tried to book and know it could eventually be cancelled quite fast (and it was).
We all see those opportunist members of other airlines (never seen for the last few months and who will be gone in a few days on the forum) who tried to get an error and are angry now because they have transferred points from CC. Well, at least flying blue is great because you can donate them to charity and make a good use of it for the community: https://www.flyingblue.us/en/mileshub/donate
Cheers,
gkl, Goldorak, toastedcafe and 5 others like this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 12:07 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by canadavid
Some of us tried to book and know it could eventually be cancelled quite fast (and it was).
We all see those opportunist members of other airlines (never seen for the last few months and who will be gone in a few days on the forum) who tried to get an error and are angry now because they have transferred points from CC. Well, at least flying blue is great because you can donate them to charity and make a good use of it for the community: https://www.flyingblue.us/en/mileshub/donate
Cheers,
I'm going to jump on this post and propose something that would be a positive for the (non-flying) community.

Why doesn't FB donate 250 euros per ticket that they cancelled to that cause. It would certainly do a lot better good than honouring some tickets. It would also settle all this back-and-forth bickering and name calling and discriminating some members.

FB could call it the Christmas spirit fare error.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Hagwar Swanson
Ben Lipsey When rules are heavily favored towards an industry, it's hard to give them any sympathy. I'm sure if anyone of us made a error on our booking, customer service would kindly tell us to fluff off.

The amount of people on here praising AF for their generosity is just sad.
I find it to be a great gesture for elites and when it comes to my customer service/premium call center in DK, they are second to none. They have truly gone out of their way for me on several occations, where other airlines have and would have told me to fluff off.

I humbly disagree.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 12:49 am

We all see those opportunist members of other airlines (never seen for the last few months and who will be gone in a few days on the forum) who tried to get an error and are angry now because they have transferred points from CC. Well, at least flying blue is great because you can donate them to charity and make a good use of it for the community:
Cheers,
[MENTION=545848]canadavid[/MENTION] Hear hear, yes lets all donate along with a company who profited billions last year. You go first! If I was the charities, I'd be scared Air France would clawback the donation after a few days. Maybe they would clawback some charities but not others, it's hard to say.
MitjaPod likes this.

Last edited by Hagwar Swanson; Dec 19, 2023 at 2:31 am
Old Dec 19, 2023, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by Stil
I find it to be a great gesture for elites and when it comes to my customer service/premium call center in DK, they are second to none. They have truly gone out of their way for me on several occations, where other airlines have and would have told me to fluff off.

I humbly disagree.
I'm glad to have a civil conversation with someone. The whole point of my post above was airline(s) <--- plural, as a industry have lobbied and as a result, rules are tilted in the favor of airlines. This time it was AF, you said it's happened to you on different carriers. Until airlines get less runway with the rules the only loser is us.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Hagwar Swanson
I'm glad to have a civil conversation with someone. The whole point of my post above was airline(s) <--- plural, as a industry have lobbied and as a result, rules are tilted in the favor of airlines. This time it was AF, you said it's happened to you on different carriers. Until airlines get less runway with the rules the only loser is us.
Got you in regards to industri and lobbying, where I in large agree with you. Just not in this instance from a personal view. When all chips are counted I don't fall short with AF/KL (as people that has never sat fot on a AF/KL plane, transferring (US) CC points for cheap miles inventory, rightly has).
Old Dec 19, 2023, 2:07 am

Cheers,
I didn’t know. Also, I don’t agree they are “too good to be true”. I still paid in cash additional to the 27.000 miles more than economy tickets are sometimes priced. Also, I do not follow FB promo newsletters and don’t receive them. I noticed this thread after I already booked and I have evidence to support that.

Last edited by MitjaPod; Dec 19, 2023 at 2:23 am
Old Dec 19, 2023, 4:33 am

Programs: QATAR PRIVILEGE CLUB
Originally Posted by MitjaPod
I didn’t know. Also, I don’t agree they are “too good to be true”. I still paid in cash additional to the 27.000 miles more than economy tickets are sometimes priced. Also, I do not follow FB promo newsletters and don’t receive them. I noticed this thread after I already booked and I have evidence to support that.

indeed 27.000 miles + around 500€ in taxes is everything but a “too good to be true” price.

FB does implement dynamic award price so I don’t see any reason to consider 13.500 miles OW out of this World.

bad behavior for AF
GVA likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 5:12 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Cheers,
It was not "cancelled quite fast." Bookings were made Friday afternoon. The announcement of cancellation was made on FlyerTalk on Monday, 3 days later. Many people who booked are not on FlyerTalk or dont follow this thread, and are unaware of the cancellation notice posted here. Many people who booked have received no formal notification and it's Tuesday morning Canada time, Tuesday afternoon France/Netherlands time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.