FB members on ITA airways

Old Jun 6, 2024, 10:09 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor
Originally Posted by Xandrios
We'll see if/when the XP's get credited, am fully expecting having to do a retro credit.
I've given it two weeks since my recent trip and still nothing, so your expectation is likely to hold.
Old Jun 6, 2024, 11:09 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
My flights earlier this year had to go through a retrocredit but it was credited immediately, no waiting for days or anything.
Old Jun 7, 2024, 1:49 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
My flights earlier this year had to go through a retrocredit but it was credited immediately, no waiting for days or anything.
Same, everything was credited within 15 minutes of submitting the request.

Even one segment that was not in a qualifying fare class
Xandrios likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2024, 3:17 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by gojko88
Same, everything was credited within 15 minutes of submitting the request.
+1 two weeks ago.
Old Jun 8, 2024, 3:46 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Two recent and conflicting data points (AF Plat pax travelling with ITA-operated and marketed flights):
- for a trip in February 2024, miles and XPs were automatically credited 48hrs after my flights (prior to the trip, I had called ITA assistance to have my FB number registered)
- for a trip in May 2024, miles and XPs were missing, FB first rejected my request submitted 2 days after the flights and said they cannot do anything before 8 days, and funnily they accepted by second request submitted 6 days after the flight (my FB number had been registered when buying this ticket, as ITA website seemed to have improved with this new functionality between my two experiences).
Old Jun 8, 2024, 4:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor
I enjoyed this line in the email received for my retroclaim (granted immediately):

the810 and Lemonwings like this.
Old Jun 9, 2024, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Does anyone have an email address for ITA I can use to get seats selected on an upcoming flight? (As FB Plat)

Thank you!
Old Jun 10, 2024, 6:21 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by BA6501
Does anyone have an email address for ITA I can use to get seats selected on an upcoming flight? (As FB Plat)

Thank you!
Don't have their number(s) but just to inform you that I've booked flights with them recently and could my select seats free of charge.
Didn't you? Mine were European by the way.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 12:09 pm
cf1

On an upcoming international booking this doesn't seem to be the case, even after checkin. Extra baggage allowance is only recognized during the check in process.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by HansGlijmans
Don't have their number(s) but just to inform you that I've booked flights with them recently and could my select seats free of charge.
Didn't you? Mine were European by the way.
Not in my case European as well (LCY-FCO-BRI).
Old Jun 11, 2024, 8:57 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
My bet is that it's an IT issue with ITA... when I booked my XP run (SOF-FCO-LIN r/t), I could select seats for free immediately during the booking process (in J, being FB plat). However, on one of the four flights I didn't pre-select my seat as my 4G internet was a bit patchy when I made the booking, and I therefore skipped seat selection on that flight thinking I could easily do that later. That ended up not being the case as on the manage booking page, I suddenly couldn't access any of the seat maps anymore. Only at OLCI the seat maps all appeared again and I could change/select seats as normal.

My flights on ITA were pleasant enough, for what it's worth. I appreciate they do have a bit of an Italian touch on board, like serving aperol, or limoncello after the meal service. Intra-European meals are however a bit hit-or-miss, although we are all used to that with Air France as well. On intra-EU flights it's either a trio of sandwiches, or a hot meal (mostly pasta). The latter is not necessarily always better. On my SOF-FCO flight, the trio of sandwiches were really tasty, as was the cannoli as dessert. However, on the return, they served pasta as meal and it was overloaded with cheese and rather tasteless - more like an Americanised version of pasta which you'd expect on a US carrier, not on an Italian one... But with some good quality, free-flowing red wine, and limoncello afterwards, who am I to complain..

The manned bars with cocktails and proper espresso at the FCO and LIN lounges were also a plus, although I wouldn't want to be stuck for a long layover at the Hangar lounge at FCO.

Interesting to see that ITA (at least on their domestic routes like FCO-LIN) doesn't block the adjacent seat of the two-abreast (seats A-C) on their Airbus A220, so unlike Air France you are better off selecting either D or F on the starboard side to still have the seat next to you empty.

As usual with ITA Airways, miles/XP didn't credit automatically, so had to do this manually, after which they were added to my account within 10 minutes. Note that a retro-claim of miles and XP can only be done from 8 days after your flight.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 9:12 am

Programs: AF Flying Blue, LX Miles&More, TP Miles&Go, EK Skywards
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
My bet is that it's an IT issue with ITA... when I booked my XP run (SOF-FCO-LIN r/t), I could select seats for free immediately during the booking process (in J, being FB plat). However, on one of the four flights I didn't pre-select my seat as my 4G internet was a bit patchy when I made the booking, and I therefore skipped seat selection on that flight thinking I could easily do that later. That ended up not being the case as on the manage booking page, I suddenly couldn't access any of the seat maps anymore. Only at OLCI the seat maps all appeared again and I could change/select seats as normal.

My flights on ITA were pleasant enough, for what it's worth. I appreciate they do have a bit of an Italian touch on board, like serving aperol, or limoncello after the meal service. Intra-European meals are however a bit hit-or-miss, although we are all used to that with Air France as well. On intra-EU flights it's either a trio of sandwiches, or a hot meal (mostly pasta). The latter is not necessarily always better. On my SOF-FCO flight, the trio of sandwiches were really tasty, as was the cannoli as dessert. However, on the return, they served pasta as meal and it was overloaded with cheese and rather tasteless - more like an Americanised version of pasta which you'd expect on a US carrier, not on an Italian one... But with some good quality, free-flowing red wine, and limoncello afterwards, who am I to complain..

The manned bars with cocktails and proper espresso at the FCO and LIN lounges were also a plus, although I wouldn't want to be stuck for a long layover at the Hangar lounge at FCO.

Interesting to see that ITA (at least on their domestic routes like FCO-LIN) doesn't block the adjacent seat of the two-abreast (seats A-C) on their Airbus A220, so unlike Air France you are better off selecting either D or F on the starboard side to still have the seat next to you empty.

As usual with ITA Airways, miles/XP didn't credit automatically, so had to do this manually, after which they were added to my account within 10 minutes. Note that a retro-claim of miles and XP can only be done from 8 days after your flight.
Same good experience on my GVA-FCO-NCE r/t trip in Business
I was able to select my seats on the 4 legs (03F on A220 to be sure that the seat next to me will be empty - Indeed seats A & C were occupied)
Good food on board
Enjoyed the Hangar Lounge and Aperol Spritz ;-)
After one week I claimed my miles/XP to FB and after 15 mins both were credited on my account.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
If I accept an upgrade on an ITA Airways flight tomorrow evening, will I get Business class XPs with Flying Blue? The route in question is ZRH-FCO and the price is EUR85. It's almost worth it for the extra XPs. If it works, upgrade would result in a ratio of EUR11.76 per XP as opposed to EUR16.42 for the original Economy booking. Neither are good ratios, but the Business one is somewhat better.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
If I accept an upgrade on an ITA Airways flight tomorrow evening, will I get Business class XPs with Flying Blue? The route in question is ZRH-FCO and the price is EUR85. It's almost worth it for the extra XPs. If it works, upgrade would result in a ratio of EUR11.76 per XP as opposed to EUR16.42 for the original Economy booking. Neither are good ratios, but the Business one is somewhat better.
Unfortunately no extra XP. You will receive miles and XP based on original ticket conditions.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Oh really?? I'm glad I asked you guys. I thought that applied to upgrades bought at the airport but not if purchased in advance. But I will get lounge access at ZRH, right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.