Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Air France v/s Saudia for flights from Amsterdam to Dubai

Old Mar 8, 2023, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada, Alaska Airline, Delta Airline, British Air

Was not sure where best to post this. I have business class flights booked on Saudia Air from Amsterdam to Dubai via Jeddah. They have cancelled flights since my booking, so I am entitled to re book at a time more convenient to me. I see that in April many of the flights being sold by Saudia are operated by Air France and go via Paris.
My dates are flexible, so want to book according to best inflight service (food, I know Saudia is dry), lounges and DeltaSky Miles earning.
Any advice/ recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 2:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Lounges = if transit by Jeddah then Saudia
Inflight Service = is it in economy or business class ?
DLSkymiles earming = well it depends which booking class you booked , you can find it in your booking details then use the charts vs gcmap or webflyer to calculate earnings

Most likely SV will rebook you on their own flights , so you might find yourself transiting by RUH instead
Old Mar 9, 2023, 2:51 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Note that SV is a dry airline from a dry country with dry lounges, also a factor. The one time I flew J with them food and service was good, but not exceptional - like AF or KL a bit more. but that can be personal. SV has been shuffling flights a lot recently, see this. Understandable if SV wants to rebooked you on SV, but there they do not have an SV rebooking option and some are still waiting for a solution. Miles may be more on SV if distance instead of revenue based, but a simple look at Delta's skymiles pages will let you know.
Help - Saudia downgraded flight TUN-JED
Old Mar 9, 2023, 7:48 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Saudi is so flexible with these rebooking that I know people on that crazy J fare from AMS ended up on direct EK flights, QR flights offered too...but I would fly AF in a heartbeat
Old Mar 9, 2023, 10:04 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
I’d be jumping onto AF in a heartbeat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.