Wiki Posts
Search

Possible Voucher?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2023, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Possible Voucher?

Got into a car accident while getting to the airport and will not make my KL flight and the fare was nonrefundable. I was told to email the car crash pictures to KL/AF and they said they would try to get a refund on it in some way but is not sure. Will they at least give a voucher? My employers bought the ticket but if they don’t get a voucher or something, it’s coming out of my salary, which isn’t ideal.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I hope you have not been injured in this accident.
For your question, hard to say but worth to try. You should also look at your travel insurance / credit car insurance.

Originally Posted by physicsdude
My employers bought the ticket but if they don’t get a voucher or something, it’s coming out of my salary, which isn’t ideal.
Really ??
What kind of employer can behave like that ?
atflyer, lynxy, SkyteamEP and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I hope you have not been injured in this accident.
For your question, hard to say but worth to try. You should also look at your travel insurance / credit car insurance.

Really ??
What kind of employer can behave like that ?
Thanks. I was apparently lucky to alive from the crash and it's miracle I'm still in one piece.

The agent I first talked to said that she would get me a refund and have processed it with refund requests coming in my email. However, my app still showed that my flight was still on and I got a call from the gate agent that I'm still on the flight and that they're waiting for me. I told her I can't make it and she off loaded me, saying I can rebook for a later time. I call KLM again and the person is saying that everything is nonrefundable. I look online on KLM and it says that everything is nonrefundable and I'll only get $300 back. There's a weird policy my employers have in exchange for being very lenient with airfare where if something gets cancelled, we need to make sure that they get a refund or voucher to apply for the next flight for accounting purposes/spend less money.

This is just a terrible situation. Is it possible to get at least my ticket fare back in some form or even get it rebooked?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.