Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue Gold Benefits on Virgin Atlantic?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2023, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, AF-KL Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Flying Blue Gold Benefits on Virgin Atlantic?

Hey Guys,

I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year!

i can't seem to find information on previous forums and on the Internet but what benefits will I have when flying on a Virgin Atlantic operated flight but marketed by Air France (057 eticket)?

Saw a promo fare online to US West Coast and decided to book it. I will be travelling in economy this time.

My outbound will be LHR - SFO via DTW with DL and my return will be SFO - LHR with VS.

Thank you
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:28 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Exclamation

Originally Posted by J343
I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year!
Same for you

Originally Posted by J343
what benefits will I have when flying on a Virgin Atlantic operated flight but marketed by Air France (057 eticket)?
first check this

https://www.flyingblue.us/en/earn-sp...lantic-airways

then check the list of benefits from your booking confirmation , especially about luggage allowance , but on your VS flight you should receive priority check-in, boarding and baggage handling as well as fast track security and an additional bag.

Be aware that in early 2023 , if everything goes as scheduled , the integration of virgin atlantic as a skyteam member will be effective (it was until 2023 an AFKL flying blue partner and also will be still part of joint venture all together with delta)

So depending on the date your flight , things might change a bit (but only for the better)

About mileage earning , as you booked with air france , then you earn miles based on price you paid , regardless of integration completed or not yet

For your information , in case of future flights booked directly from VS , we can expect an update to VS chart in flying blue in following months , so keep this in mind and check it before booking

Last edited by fifty_two; Jan 5, 2023 at 1:43 am
Old Jan 5, 2023, 7:00 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
The answer should be here 😉

Virgin Atlantic, Air France and KLM launch codeshare partnership
Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:40 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Beware that lounge access isn't offered if it's a third party lounge. And Y catering is probably the worst of any full service Western European airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.