Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Way to use a voucher?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2022, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Way to use a voucher?

I got a $500 voucher last year due to an issue on a flight I took in 2021 during a period when positivity rates in France were super low. Since the COVID situation got worse this year and masks were removed from planes, I wasn't able to make another trip on AirFrance, though I would really like to. My voucher is expiring in a few days and AF customer service won't allow an extension. Any ideas on how I can use or extend it without committing to a specific trip date?
Old Dec 19, 2022, 3:23 am

Programs: FB Gold, Hilton Diamond, some others as well
In that case, the advise is to book a flexible ticket in the economy or business class for a trip on a random date in 2023. You can use your Air France voucher as a way of payment and the rest of the amount can be paid by card. If you don't want to travel, just ask for a refund before the first flight.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by lloydje33
In that case, the advise is to book a flexible ticket in the economy or business class for a trip on a random date in 2023. You can use your Air France voucher as a way of payment and the rest of the amount can be paid by card. If you don't want to travel, just ask for a refund before the first flight.
I'm afraid it's not as simple as that. It depends on the conditions of the voucher. If the voucher is refundable (convertible in cash), it is highly advisable for OP to convert it in cash now before the expiration. If not, buying a refundable ticket will likely not transform the voucher in refundable money (or another refundable voucher) if OP cancels the ticket.
irishguy28 and lloydje33 like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 12:57 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Worst case book a flexible ticket, and change the date in the future when you can/need to fly.
irishguy28 and lloydje33 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.