Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brim Flying Blue Canada Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2023, 11:24 pm

Programs: AS, FB, MB, MR, HH
So far AVOID these guys, an absolute nightmare to deal with them. When I initially applied the application website didn't even recognise my FB number. I've heard numerous horror stories about outages on their servers that limited access to statements. Right now dealing with them trying to get an application in and it's just cut and paste email replies. Brim have only been in business for about 5 years and it really shows.
yulflier likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 9:51 pm

I got a customer feedback survey about this card the other day. They asked for what I would improve, and it didn't occur to me at the time to ask for no FX charges. IMO probably the biggest change that would make it more useful as a travel card.
Just in case anyone here has a chance to fill this out; of course, you may have other priorities.
Old May 1, 2023, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold, National Executive
This is posted on the home page of both Air France and KLM's Canadian websites:

Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard®
Limited time offer: apply by May 31st and get 100 XP, which upgrades each cardholder to the Flying Blue Silver status. Enjoy all the status benefits.

En français:
Offre ŕ durée limitée: adhérez avant le 31 mai et obtenez 100 XP, ce qui donne le statut Flying Blue Silver ŕ chaque détenteur de la carte. Profitez de tous les avantages du statut.

The link brings you to either https://brim.flyingblue.ca/card page or https://www.klm.ca/information/flying-blue/creditcard, both of which have no mention of this offer.
Old May 1, 2023, 4:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Get screenshots of all yours steps, including the offer page on AF/KLM page and the offer for FYF offer on the Brim site.
Old May 1, 2023, 3:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
I got an email about this offer as well…. P.s. the fine print states “To be eligible for this offer, applications for the Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard powered by Brim Financial must be submitted between May 1, 2023 9:00am EST time and May 31, 2023, 23:59pm EST time.”
So if you applied earlier today, you may not get it (I would argue the offer was available prior to 9am on the site.)
Old Jun 17, 2023, 8:01 am

Programs: Air Canada E50K, FB Gold
Anyone else surprised by miles reversal on June 6th? Every mile accumulated by using their card was taken away. This includes spend with AF/KLM and all other vendors. It goes back to the day I received the card. Reached out to support 10 days ago and no feedback.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by yulflier
Anyone else surprised by miles reversal on June 6th? Every mile accumulated by using their card was taken away. This includes spend with AF/KLM and all other vendors. It goes back to the day I received the card. Reached out to support 10 days ago and no feedback.
I had some miles added in late May then removed about a week later, without having used the card since January.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 8:06 pm

Did you ever hear back from Support on what that was all about?
Old Jul 24, 2023, 12:01 pm

Programs: Air Canada E50K, FB Gold
No follow-up whatsoever. Everything remained the same, therefore they have a point debt towards me but they frankly don't seem to care.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 4:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
I have had this card for a few months and only used it a few times. first experience isn't great. They initially charged me the annual fee, and had to call to get it credited. card took a long time to get mailed, and the XPs took a while to get posted too. They have been crediting miles for refunds, only to debit them from my account months later. the extra miles accelerator on KL/AF flights is nice, as well as the annual XP bonus. Will probably keep the card for just that. BRIM will have to make lots of changes before it becomes my main Mastercard to complement my amex plat.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold, National Executive
I ended up getting the card during the May promotion. Having had it for a couple months, I can't honestly recommend it to anyone. If you have any issues with miles/XPs posting, the Brim team ends up transferring you to Flying Blue, and Flying Blue ends up redirecting you back to Brim. They don't seem to know what's happening between the systems, and they tell you to email [email protected] which just doesn't respond to your inquiry, or says they are looking into it with the problem not ultimately getting resolved.

Like others, I had miles reversed on June 6th and they haven't resolved the issue. Luckily for me it wasn't many miles as I only had the card for a month at that point, but if it was more I'd be very annoyed. One of my friends (on my recommendation) got the card as well during the May promotion and had his status year end on June 30th. If the XPs posted on time as outlined in the terms of the offer, he would have requalified for Gold but he still hasn't seen the XPs over 3 months later. He used to be the biggest fan of Air France and its service, but because of this he's refused to fly Skyteam for any flights going forward. It's a shame because many aspects of AF/KLM are much better than the airlines we have here in North America.
cineflyer likes this.

Last edited by A to Z; Aug 30, 2023 at 10:40 pm
Old Sep 15, 2023, 11:07 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Maybe I am a bozo today, but I can't find who these "Merchant Partners" are that earn 30 miles per $1. Is there a link or has anyone figured this out?
Old Sep 15, 2023, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
Thanks for the heads up, I've passed on this feedback to Brim.
Ben Lipsey has anyone at FB seen these additional issues and taken them up with Brim? They seem very odd. I did the online application yesterday (I've never NOT been instantly approved for an online credit application) and got a message my application would be "reviewed". I got an email from an agent this morning asking me to take a picture of my face holding my Drivers License where it is readable. While I appreciate the security due diligence, asking for personal information and sending pictures of your drivers license over insecure email is VERY VERY odd.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 5:40 pm

Data point:
I applied for the card 4 business days before the current promotion started. The new card was issued the day before the new promotion started.

About a week later, I emailed BRIM to ask if I could get the bonuses associated with the new promo. They replied back immediately and said that the application date had to fall within the start and end dates of the promo, so it was a no go.

The mileage accelerator did take affect immediately as I had a trip that started the day after I got the new card and I got the correct mileage accelerator bonus of 5 miles per euro.

Today the XP posted and to my shock I got the promo 60 XP instead of the normal 30 XP. Not sure if it was goodwill or the fact that the system just got confused and lumped me with all of the new applicants that were awarded the promotional extra XP! I imagine it was the later. Anyhow, I’ll take it!

Definitely makes a difference and will help me hit Gold on my upcoming trip next week instead of my December trip.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 11:15 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I applied for the card on September 22nd. My application was supposedly flagged for manual review. I expected some communication from them to investigate or confirm whatever led them to flag it, but on October 3rd, I was approved.

Having worked for one of Brim's main competitors for a while, I'm not surprised at some of the amateur-hour kind of stuff, but this deletion of everyone's points is pretty shocking. Hopefully that has been rectified.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.