Brim Flying Blue Canada Credit Card

Old Apr 30, 2024, 1:19 pm

Theoretical bonus

Itís been many months that Iíve hit the 10 000$ spend supposed to give 10 000 more FB miles according to my offer. No miles yet. I contacted the support twice and got the same robotic answer saying that it takes 4 to 6 weeks for the miles to post ( not 4 to 6 monthsÖ).
Old May 1, 2024, 5:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pych
Hello. I tried to search this thread and didn't find anything about this. I am wondering if anybody has received any retention offers when trying to cancel the card and what those offers were?
I canceled mine last week. They asked me why I canceled, said ďbecause the awarded points has been very inconsistent since I got the card and donít trust it anymore ď

They said thank you and proceeded with closure. No offer or anything.
Old May 1, 2024, 1:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Just to follow up on my last response, I received today a statement for my last bill, I guess. They issued me a partial refund for about one month of annual fee. Around $11. This card was free the first year, so yet another example of how badly they run their company.
Old May 27, 2024, 10:26 pm

Anyone get the bonus for the 15000 spend threshold? I got the first 10000, and second for spending 5000$, but I've since hit the 15000 in March and nothing for two months.
Old May 31, 2024, 11:13 am

Thinking of applying for the card before the current promo expires. Have the kinks in crediting points mostly been ironed out or is the whole affair still painful to deal with?
Old Jun 1, 2024, 7:32 am

Posting here because of the Brim/Canada connection. Ben Lipsey (SVP of Loyalty and Head of Flying Blue) will be joining me (Points Miles and Bling) on a zoom call to discuss all things Flying Blue, from a Canadian lens. If you have questions for him or simply want to listen in, feel free to join the call - Saturday, Jun 1st, 1pm EST;

Topic: Flying Blue with Ben Lipsey
Time: Jun 1, 2024 01:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81952268583?pwd=bi93N2I1dVNpK0FoelRKbVBMdDRzQT09

Meeting ID: 819 5226 8583
Passcode: 662674
davidd418 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2024, 10:02 am

For those interested in the recording of the call with PMB/Ben Lipsey - https://fb.watch/ssk8AJcePl/

Topics explored include:

Growth of AF/KLM in Canada
La Premiere First Class
Promo Rewards
Co-branded Credit Cards
Transfer partners
Flying Blue Status Match
Old Jun 10, 2024, 11:20 am

I signed up for this card to get the points and XPs and received them quite quickly after spending 5k.

Unfortunately, my card has been ďblockedĒ and I canít use it or even get a statement. I suspect this happened as I was traveling shortly after getting the card and used it while away. Iíve called customer support and they say they canít help and to just email them. Iíve done so but only gotten generic responses saying theyíre looking into the issue. It is frustrating that you canít speak to anyone on the phone about issues.

Old Jun 17, 2024, 3:30 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by bcw604
Anyone get the bonus for the 15000 spend threshold? I got the first 10000, and second for spending 5000$, but I've since hit the 15000 in March and nothing for two months.
Same situation, no news on the $15k bonus either. What's interesting is, miles continue to post for subsequent transactions except for the one that caused me to cross the $15k threshold.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 1:45 pm

Same situation here.
Old Jun 26, 2024, 9:03 pm

Read this entire thread and seems like the reviews are mixed. After having this card for the last few months, I can say that I'm pretty happy with the performance of the card thus far. Book absolutely everything AF/KLM related with this card to receive the miles multiplier effect, a complete no brainer. Getting annual XP is a nice bonus to boost your status renewal efforts every year.
Old Jun 26, 2024, 9:10 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Coffeeattack
Read this entire thread and seems like the reviews are mixed. After having this card for the last few months, I can say that I'm pretty happy with the performance of the card thus far. Book absolutely everything AF/KLM related with this card to receive the miles multiplier effect, a complete no brainer. Getting annual XP is a nice bonus to boost your status renewal efforts every year.
You realize using this card for your AF/KL purchases has nothing to do with the multiplier (called ďacceleratorĒ by afkl). You can buy your tickets on any card and still get the boost. YesÖ.I know itís counter intuitive and unlike any other card on the market, but thatís how it works.
Old Jun 26, 2024, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Utskicat
You realize using this card for your AF/KL purchases has nothing to do with the multiplier (called ďacceleratorĒ by afkl). You can buy your tickets on any card and still get the boost. YesÖ.I know itís counter intuitive and unlike any other card on the market, but thatís how it works.
Wow really? I'm surprised by that. If that's the case, then why not advertise it? Why not advertise the multiplier in the flying blue reward tiers?
Old Jul 5, 2024, 8:47 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by landingpoint
Same situation, no news on the $15k bonus either. What's interesting is, miles continue to post for subsequent transactions except for the one that caused me to cross the $15k threshold.
Update: the $15k bonus finally posted within the promised timeline of 4-6 weeks.
Old Jul 5, 2024, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by LearningToFly
Same situation here.
Update for myself: the $15k bonus finally posted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.