Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue

AF lounge access with Priority Pass or AMEX Platinum - YUL, CDG, elsewhere

Old Aug 28, 22, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

I am going on AC from YUL to CDG and then back in a few days.
I have the ability to go to the AC MLL by virtue of status and by virtue of me flying in business class.

But I do have a Priority Pass Card via AMEX Platinum card.
Would 1 or the other allow me access to the AF lounge at YUL.
I guess that AC uses a different terminal building at CDG- so it would not be possible to access the AF lounge there (unless there is airside access between Terminal 2 and the terminal building AF uses).

What about Priority Pass (or AMEX Platinum) accessing AF lounges in USA or elsewhere in the world?
Old Aug 28, 22, 3:57 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Marriott silver, Hilton
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII View Post
(...) What about Priority Pass (or AMEX Platinum) accessing AF lounges in USA or elsewhere in the world?
Unless it is a third party lounge, Priority Pass will not get you into an AF/KL lounge.
Old Aug 28, 22, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by carnarvon View Post
Unless it is a third party lounge, Priority Pass will not get you into an AF/KL lounge.
Both IAD and BOS AF lounges are listed on Priority Pass--are they not operated by AF/KL?
Old Aug 28, 22, 8:32 pm

Programs: FB
GVA sometimes takes PP.
Old Aug 29, 22, 12:42 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Marriott silver, Hilton
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs View Post
Both IAD and BOS AF lounges are listed on Priority Pass--are they not operated by AF/KL?
You need to ask them.
Old Aug 29, 22, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by BubbaX View Post
GVA sometimes takes PP.
Do you know how often?
Old Aug 29, 22, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
true in France, but in other countries, some AF Lounges accept PP at hours without AFKL flights. The USA for instance, as mentioned by another poster.

To OP :
- CDG : no access to AF lounges with PP. On top of that, as you mentioned, AC is using a different terminal than AF and they are not connected airside.
- YUL : no idea if they accept PP, but if they do, I guess it will be at a time that will not match with your AC flight to Paris. At this time, AF has up to 4 daily flights + 1 KL flight. So the lounge is super busy and its very likely youll be denied access.
Old Aug 29, 22, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
true in France, but in other countries, some AF Lounges accept PP at hours without AFKL flights. (...) .
Good to know.

In other words, when flying AF in Y without status, a PP will be useless in the few AF lounges which accept PP. Correct?

Last edited by carnarvon; Aug 29, 22 at 8:58 am
Old Aug 29, 22, 6:46 am

Programs: UA
The AF KLM lounge in BKK takes priority pass
Old Aug 29, 22, 8:49 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, DL Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII View Post
I am going on AC from YUL to CDG and then back in a few days.

Would 1 or the other allow me access to the AF lounge
No, but PP does allow you to enter the National Bank lounge on the INTL side of the airport.

What's the fascination with AF lounge at YUL? It sucks bigly.

Just head to the AC MLL or try the NB lounge.
Old Aug 29, 22, 9:43 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs View Post
Also the AF lounges in IAH and SFO are available through PP.
Old Aug 29, 22, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M
OP, fire up your PP app, enter the airport code, and it will show you which lounge (if any) is available to PP holders and under what conditions. Everything else is just speculation.
Old Aug 29, 22, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
OP to check the lounges that take PP all you have to do is go to their website or download the App and look up the airport. Looks like the only lounge available in YUL is the one below. Make sure you read the conditions for entering.
Old Aug 29, 22, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
In other words, when flying AF in Y without status, a PP will be useless in the few AF lounges which accept PP. Correct?
There's no generic answer, but basically you are correct. Unless J is scheduled to be empty and they know they can accept more pass travelers
Old Aug 29, 22, 3:31 pm

After the recent refurbishment the Air France Lounge is operated by Plaza Premium Group and they have no agreement with PP.
The only PP lounge alternative is the National bank lounge, which I ok, but a far cry from the AC int. MLL which I find to be the best AC lounge overall (besides the Signature suites).
It's a shame that you wound have the opportunity to visit the AF lounge, as the refurbishment has been very successful! They even throw in a couple of glasses of Champagne if you ask nicely 😉 (only available when the lounge is exclusively for AF/KL guests. So no Champagne for paying Plaza Premium guests).
But the manned bar at the MLL is certainly worth a visit aswell!
YUL int. has two great lounges! Which I find to be a rarity in North America, for one reason or the other.

In CDG you will of course have access to the AC MLL which is very very far from the AF lounges (which by the way doesn't accept PP) and terminal.
If you haven't been to the CDG MLL it is in my opinion nothing to arrive early for. I have literally felt like I were in a cellar with no natural light and so so F&B (beverages are better than the food). If you like pease and quiet as i do, turn right at the entrance.

Last edited by Stil; Aug 29, 22 at 5:25 pm

Search this Thread