Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Promo Awards August 2022: finally, -50% on Business Longhaul is back!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo Awards August 2022: finally, -50% on Business Longhaul is back!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2023, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Stil
This month there are no J Rewards at all as far as I know?
There are almost never any business Promo Awards anymore.

Even Premium Economy barely gets a look in anymore.

Originally Posted by Tim_94
Is there any way to see the monthly Promo Rewards in Business?

Do you have to manually search each destination to see if a Business Promo Reward exists?
Unless you specifically see "Business" mentioned, or prices starting from ~35k upwards (for longhaul), you can instantly see that there are no Business offers. No clicking through on the various links, and no further investigation/searching, is required to ascertain the lack of Business Promo Awards.

They don't "hide" Business Promo Awards in amongst Economy Promo Awards; so, if for example BOS is advertised as "starting from 11250 miles", you must interpret this as meaning ECONOMY ONLY and there will not also be business promo awards sprinkled somewhere in there for you to find; if there was, there would be a second entry for BOS advertised along the lines of "starting from 35750 miles" (or whatever).

Business Promo Awards are now so rare that, when they occur, they tend to get their own thread (like this one from last August that you found). I don't remember seeing any longhaul J Promo offers since last August; there certainly have been none at 50% off, as this last batch discussed in this thread were.

Last edited by irishguy28; Feb 22, 2023 at 4:48 am
Old Feb 22, 2023, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
There are almost never any business Promo Awards anymore.

Even Premium Economy barely gets a look in anymore.

Unless you specifically see "Business" mentioned, or prices starting from ~35k upwards (for longhaul), you can instantly see that there are no Business offers. No clicking through on the various links, and no further investigation/searching, is required to ascertain the lack of Business Promo Awards.

They don't "hide" Business Promo Awards in amongst Economy Promo Awards; so, if for example BOS is advertised as "starting from 11250 miles", you must interpret this as meaning ECONOMY ONLY and there will not also be business promo awards sprinkled somewhere in there for you to find; if there was, there would be a second entry for BOS advertised along the lines of "starting from 35750 miles" (or whatever).

Business Promo Awards are now so rare that, when they occur, they tend to get their own thread (like this one from last August that you found). I don't remember seeing any longhaul J Promo offers since last August; there certainly have been none at 50% off, as this last batch discussed in this thread were.
?
They stopped writing class of travel available and only miles redemption price "starting from" a while back, with no clear indication if it is only Y or both Y and J or only J available. But, if you have any examples of your two entries for BOS, I would be happy to be proven wrong as it would make my life simpler! The only time I have seen two entries for the same destination is when both AF and KL has promo rewards to the same city.

There were J tickets to YUL at 50% in December. Price 27.500 miles.

Last edited by Stil; Feb 22, 2023 at 3:53 pm
Old Feb 22, 2023, 12:19 pm

Had also a promo to Vietnam..can't remember which month
Old Feb 22, 2023, 1:58 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Wil973
Had also a promo to Vietnam..can't remember which month
If you are referring to the infamous J awards from europe and north america , with the CDG-HAN operated by VN , it was in july 2022 but then cancelled in september
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two
If you are referring to the infamous J awards from europe and north america , with the CDG-HAN operated by VN , it was in july 2022 but then cancelled in september
Really wow ....almost jumped on it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.