Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

RIP Flying Blue -: massive devaluation on July 1st now stratospheric # miles required

RIP Flying Blue -: massive devaluation on July 1st now stratospheric # miles required

Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Two scenarios where I use my miles:
  • Domestic French trips booked at short notice to get away from my desk to sunnier shores - they used to be at 6,000 miles, now always 8,000 is the lowest. Also for dates further in the future.
  • Getting a family member to accompany me on a trip where I have a paid ticket in J or in P, usually North or South America. Indeed, increases for departures in the nearer term, but no issues finding CDG-LAX in Premiere for 230,000 or 220.000 CDG-JFK for dates further out (checked October for instance)
blairvanhorn and milesaddict like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by e.f
Apart of the dynamic pricing for certain routes, the amount of flight cancellations on some parts of Europe has caused a severe lack of flight availability for reward tickets on some routes, meaning that if the flight you have already booked suffers a disruption, the option is not going to be the best.
Yes, but, for ticketed flights subject to EC 261/2004, there are circumstances where the operating carrier should be rebooking the customer without limiting it to just flights with available space for new award bookings.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
The Hanoi deal is a thing which seems to be all over the blogs at the moment. How did this come about? It seems to be only valid on Vietnam Airlines flights with Air France codeshare numbers and here's me, thinking codeshare flights were totally excluded from the world of award tickets.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:02 pm

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Originally Posted by Concerto
The Hanoi deal is a thing which seems to be all over the blogs at the moment. How did this come about? It seems to be only valid on Vietnam Airlines flights with Air France codeshare numbers and here's me, thinking codeshare flights were totally excluded from the world of award tickets.
hanoi is gone for me
Old Jul 11, 2022, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
How much longer will it be before these devaluations mean that promotional card transfer bonuses increase? Maybe Amex to Flying Blue transfers will start seeing 100% transfer bonuses in the years ahead.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:53 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by Yreal
hanoi is gone for me
Predictably as soon as bloggers get hold of something good, it dies a quick death...
fifty_two, newflyer27 and Wil973 like this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 4:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
The Hanoi deal is a thing which seems to be all over the blogs at the moment. How did this come about?
It is VN and AF reducing the prices on this route in order to attract tourists

Prices with cash are also lower than usual

It seems to be only valid on Vietnam Airlines flights with Air France codeshare numbers and here's me, thinking codeshare flights were totally excluded from the world of award tickets.
Codeshare were never excluded from awards , just they are usually over priced compared to flights operated by AFKL (there are some exceptions of course)
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Yreal
hanoi is gone for me
i was about to book it yesterday morning but couple hours later it was gone and lost it
Old Jul 12, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by fifty_two
It is VN and AF reducing the prices on this route in order to attract tourists

Prices with cash are also lower than usual
Cash rates for AMS-HAN were 900ish around the dates I looked. Not particularly low, I think.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:05 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Cash rates for AMS-HAN were 900ish around the dates I looked. Not particularly low, I think.
I found out than prices tickets to SGN or HAN are going down , available for 600 from WAW , nowadays its almost impossible to go to asia or america for such price
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Predictably as soon as bloggers get hold of something good, it dies a quick death...
True
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by newflyer27
i was about to book it yesterday morning but couple hours later it was gone and lost it
Yea was also planning...

Lots of good deals are getting snatched up now... I still see some 35 hours flights in Y going for 9000 points though lol.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Also adding another data point :

Thanks God I had booked for 3 business class tickets from CDG-Kigali (Gorilla sighting) last month on Kenya Airway, was 45K flat now seems to be 208k flat.

I'll say it again : biggest devaluation ever (people mentioning short haul flights cost decreases are missing the point :you are not gonna be better off saving 20% on a 20k flights when long haul flights are 4x - 10x ing !)
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Eco returns SIN - DPS 77K miles + 57.64

Don't mind the 57.64 but 77K !! Then they offer 48K on an indirect on MAS ??

Mind boggles

Last edited by ExpatSomchai; Jul 12, 2022 at 2:44 pm
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by fifty_two
I found out than prices tickets to SGN or HAN are going down , available for 600 from WAW , nowadays its almost impossible to go to asia or america for such price
not true. You can find wide availability for Scandinavia to LAX for 500 with KL and AF in this autumn. Also JFK isnt expensive.
irishguy28 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.