Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

RIP Flying Blue -: massive devaluation on July 1st now stratospheric # miles required

RIP Flying Blue -: massive devaluation on July 1st now stratospheric # miles required

Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gulbra
I am not convinced this is a devaluation yet. The price has certainly increased on some routes, but on other routes the price has now decreased by 20-30% even 40-50%.
I came to the same conclusion as well looking at multiple flights
Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:38 pm

Programs: FB Plat, ALL Silver, HH Silver
Originally Posted by peaser
SFO to Milan was 58.5k miles each way in business. After July 1, it's now 70.5k. 21% higher miles since July 1.

I am pretty sure this is down to it being the summer holiday period, which is always more expensive anyway.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 1:12 am

Lawrious:

"I am pretty sure this is down to it being the summer holiday period, which is always more expensive anyway."

I am getting same results for My/June 2023. Its either a devaluation ( to match Delta) or IT issues.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:18 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
I was checking DE-DXB - it was 45.000miles minimum until June 30. On July 1 Price increased to 50.000 miles minimum.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by lovetotravel
Lawrious:

"I am pretty sure this is down to it being the summer holiday period, which is always more expensive anyway."

I am getting same results for My/June 2023. Its either a devaluation ( to match Delta) or IT issues.
nope - when you search awards without a date you get an overview of the minimum prices for entire months. The raise of minimum mileage needed is permanent across the next 12 months.
peaser likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:03 am

KL is reducing inventory due to issues at AMS and prices have skyrocketed. E.g. AMS-IBZ was $200 O/W last week and now $800 - so that would likely be the reason.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by erik123
KL is reducing inventory due to issues at AMS and prices have skyrocketed. E.g. AMS-IBZ was $200 O/W last week and now $800 - so that would likely be the reason.
nope. Then it would be more expensive for the Summer season and last minute bookings, but the minimum mileage prices have been generally increased to lots of destinations (you can check minumum prices by performing an award search without specifying dates.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 4:01 am
Original Poster

more importantly than minimum, the median and the maximum have drastically increased.

I have booked dozens of flights with FB between CDG and LAX minimum for J was 52k, max was 255k and median was 133K, now it seems likes 60k, 800k (lol who tf can pay 800k miles for a single flight ?) and about 200k (approx)
Old Jul 3, 2022, 4:02 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
nope. Then it would be more expensive for the Summer season and last minute bookings, but the minimum mileage prices have been generally increased to lots of destinations (you can check minumum prices by performing an award search without specifying dates.
wich?

Most ive seen is things like scl to ams from 90k to 96k. Thats like a 6% increase....
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:38 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
nope - when you search awards without a date you get an overview of the minimum prices for entire months. The raise of minimum mileage needed is permanent across the next 12 months.
This is not a fully safe way to check. The month/week overviews often contain outdated information, which doesn't match the actual results available for a specific day. It is possible that prices have gone up steadily for those 'low days' in the monthly overview, but this was simply not visible as the grid kept showing outdated data.

I'm not sure what it depends on exactly, and when it does get refreshed, but differences are fairly drastic at times. I can imagine that FB having implemented a new pricing scheme meant that all cached prices have been invalidated, and the 'actual' correct prices are now displayed.

Anyway, I do agree with your point though. Overall, business class long haul specifically, the minimum prices seem to have gone up. Business class short haul seems to have mainly gone down.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Business class short haul seems to have mainly gone down.
Except on Qantas!!!
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:56 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
I came to this thread because of the title, thinking that FB had proceeded to a systematic change in its reward scheme.

Checking a few routes and dates I have come to conclude that the title is sensationalist and misleading.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I came to this thread because of the title, thinking that FB had proceeded to a systematic change in its reward scheme.

Checking a few routes and dates I have come to conclude that the title is sensationalist and misleading.
Massive is relative but i was saving up for BLL-LAX in J that used to be minimal 55k and is now at least 67k one way. Thats 20% more so yes that is quite massive.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
Would you mind changing the title to something more fitting, Gajan?
fifty_two, Solevita and hhdl like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:32 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by BobTL
Massive is relative but i was saving up for BLL-LAX in J that used to be minimal 55k and is now at least 67k one way. Thats 20% more so yes that is quite massive.
Other routes have dropped significantly. Take my regular route for instance, OSL-GIG is down 30%.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.