Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

RIP Flying Blue -: massive devaluation on July 1st now stratospheric # miles required

RIP Flying Blue -: massive devaluation on July 1st now stratospheric # miles required

Old Feb 21, 2023, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
As they're clearly reading this thread (!), perhaps now they can fix the Miles Price Estimator on the Flying Blue website.

For some unknwown (! - it's like WOW, that really is remarkable ) reason, checking the price of most (all?) routes from LJU gives the following error:
Attached Images  
Old Feb 21, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by irishguy28
As they're clearly reading this thread (!), perhaps now they can fix the Miles Price Estimator on the Flying Blue website.

For some unknwown (! - it's like WOW, that really is remarkable ) reason, checking the price of most (all?) routes from LJU gives the following error:
Even though Mr. Lipsey is known to read this forum, they may also be on the lookout for a sudden burst of awards to/from a given city (revenue flights, too) to alert them to possible mistake fares (thinking about it, interarrival time would probably be what you'd want to base the burst detection on)
Old Feb 21, 2023, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
yes - but that didn't make any sense for the posted images/routes - these very low fares must be an error in the system and I doubt that you would get the same cheapo price when you book a stopover via a phone agent. ex LJU mileage fares are 100% a pricing error.
Are you indicating that AF/KL has cancelled or will cancel these mileage tickets in an era where mileage ticket pricing is all over the place and runs the gambit from rip-off pricing by the airlines to record low mileage ticket pricing? The current US rule is that the airlines should pay the cost for detrimental reliance arising from error fares ticket cancellations by the airlines when the ticketed itinerary has a US nexus.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 4:04 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
I used to see a lot of interesting Asia to South America routes with KL for 90K miles. Perfect routes to add a long stopover in AMS and make 2 vacations out of it for the EU based.
However, those rates seem to be gone? Everything prices out as >400K miles for a one-way.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 1:38 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
These 15k tickets in Y (55K in J) seem to be similar to the error there was on Vietnam flights last year which many bought at same prices. Many got their flights cancelled I believe but were able to get booked on other flights.
there are still some other ones like these exisiting which have been for a long time now so I am not sure they ve seen them so I wont post them as they may be useful for me someday
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by newflyer27
similar to the error there was on Vietnam flights last year which many bought at same prices. Many got their flights cancelled I believe but were able to get booked on other flights.
Really?

I saw those Vietnam flights mentioned here, but didn't see any mention of people having their tickets cancelled. Were these reports here on Flyertalk? And by "able to get booked on other flights", do you mean that these passengers were carried anyway, for no additional payment, just on different flights?
Old Feb 22, 2023, 3:30 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Really?

I saw those Vietnam flights mentioned here, but didn't see any mention of people having their tickets cancelled. Were these reports here on Flyertalk?
Yes , this was reported on some websites , the CDG-HAN for this offer was on VN metal , and VN cancelled some flights , so AF did the same with these awards

https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/09/05/air-france-has-canceled-some-hanoi-specials-offers-no-rebooking-options/

and about your next question yes , cancellation was also mentionned here in this thread at beginning of september 2022 = https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34566372-post210.html

No idea about rebooking , as conversation quickly went back to main topic
newflyer27 likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Feb 22, 2023 at 3:40 am
Old Mar 25, 2023, 1:36 pm

Any help appreciated, Is there any way to have an alert on expert flyer for the cheapest award tickets on flying blue ? My understanding is that the cheapest awards book in Z class?

when looking at awards availability on EF, even when it is Z9, it does not mean the ticket is at the lowest possible price in miles so I m confused on how I can track these, if it is at all possible

thanks
Old Mar 26, 2023, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any help appreciated, Is there any way to have an alert on expert flyer for the cheapest award tickets on flying blue ?
No, there is not.

While those sort of tools may be useful and reliable for looking up award space on other carriers, FB awards are not that neatly segregated in a manner that third party tools can see and interpret availability.

My understanding is that the cheapest awards book in Z class?
No; Z is for revenue business class only.

when looking at awards availability on EF, even when it is Z9, it does not mean the ticket is at the lowest possible price in miles so I m confused on how I can track these, if it is at all possible

thanks
You cannot derive any useful information regarding FB awards from ExpertFlyer. It has always been like this; it is not going to change.

The only useful source of info is the FB booking tool itself. The only way to find the lowest-rate awards in Flying Blue is via the Flying Blue booking tool.
hhdl likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 3:53 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Awards are booked in all booking classes; O and Z are quite typical.

The problem is that the fare class doesnt say anything about the price. Ive booked the exact same flight, on the same route, on different days, for the same price in miles and fees. Yet they were in different booking classes.

So to conclude; no you cant use expert flyer. Theoretically you could use the fare search for specific award fares however unfortunately FB does not publish award fares to the GDS. Thereofre they dont show up in EF.
f0zzyNUE and newflyer27 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:32 am

No, there is not.

While those sort of tools may be useful and reliable for looking up award space on other carriers, FB awards are not that neatly segregated in a manner that third party tools can see and interpret availability.

No; Z is for revenue business class only.
Thanks for your answers, I kind of doubted there is no way apart from FB itself but wanted to make sure.
Actually Z is also used for awards
i have one J award booked in Z. And when you try booking an award that is at the cheapest price it gets booked in Z from what I can see on many instances.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.