Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

FAQ 4A2 - Questions relating to the Dutch co-branded FB Amex card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:40 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)

Please post all your questions relating to the Dutch co-branded Flying Blue American Express credit card here.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Anyone not getting their milles transferred? According to amex its a it error connecting to flying blue when you get refferal bonusses, but i'm not buying it.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The annual fee is being increased by 10% as of 12 January 2023. Current cardholders have been/are being informed.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 4:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Annual XP posting

Does anyone know when annual bonus XP post? I joined October last year, will the “annual renewal” xp’s be added at the end of this month, together with “spend” miles earned this month?

Asking since the “sign up bonus xp’s” posted mid-month on the day of joining, but I haven’t seen the renewal ones added yet.

Anyone with experience? Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: A plethora of Platinum
Originally Posted by KL895
Anyone with experience? Thanks!
Mine have previously been posted together with the monthly spend on the month of the renewal, so in your case I would expect the annual XPs to show up now in October
KL895 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Thanks again @Storizontal Habilizer

Additional data point for future reference: in my case the XP's posted exactly one year after the first-year XP's were posted - but as happens more often the transaction only appeared in the activity overview a few days later.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 11:53 pm

Programs: FB Club 2000, M&M Hon
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The annual fee is being increased by 10% as of 12 January 2023. Current cardholders have been/are being informed.
Platinum Card - in 2022 € 600 - in 2023 € 660 (+10%)
Gold Card - in 2022 € 170 - in 2023 € 198 (+16%)
Old Nov 7, 2022, 8:15 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
FYI - I've just received an email offering a 200 euro rebate when purchasing KLM Premium Comfort. AFKL Plat Amex card if that makes a difference.

KLM introduceert Premium Comfort Class in alle Boeing 777- en 787-vliegtuigen die naar intercontinentale bestemmingen vliegen. In de gloednieuwe reisklasse geniet u onder andere van meer ruimte, privacy, premium gerechten en extra bagage.Ervaar een nieuw niveau van comfort tegen een scherpe prijs. Tussen 7 november en 21 november 2022 ontvangt u eenmalig € 200 terug op boekingen in Premium Comfort Class bij een minimale besteding van € 1100 per boeking. Het tegoed van € 200 wordt automatisch teruggestort op uw rekening, wanneer u uw American Express kaart registreert voor deze aanbieding voorafgaand aan uw aankoop.
It does require booking within a rather short window. Not sure if I'd be able to make use of this, I flew the new PE cabin recently and don't have any trips to North America planned within the next few months.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Not only AFKL, I got the same on regular platinum.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: Eurostar Avantage, FB Silver
Hmm... I am very tempted to make use of this offer. I usually book Eco Comfort. The price difference between that and Premium Comfort for the date I am looking at isn't too much (120 euro). I am looking at open-jaw tickets AMS-ORD & SFO - AMS. So with the cashback a 'no-brainer'. However, KLM doesn't offer Premium Comfort on the AMS - ORD flight (operated by 777), only on SFO-AMS. Wondering if it will register correctly if I book Eco(+) on the outbound, and W on the return... the small print doesn't say anything... it is still 'trying out Premium Comfort' even if only upgrading one leg.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 5:51 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Gold
Hey all, my SO is planning on getting a Dutch FB Amex (probably Silver) to get the missing XP to level to Gold. Is referral still a thing? Anyone has a code? Feel free to DM me.
MartijnH likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 10:50 am

Check DM for my available offers.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by MartijnH
Hmm... I am very tempted to make use of this offer. I usually book Eco Comfort. The price difference between that and Premium Comfort for the date I am looking at isn't too much (120 euro). I am looking at open-jaw tickets AMS-ORD & SFO - AMS. So with the cashback a 'no-brainer'. However, KLM doesn't offer Premium Comfort on the AMS - ORD flight (operated by 777), only on SFO-AMS. Wondering if it will register correctly if I book Eco(+) on the outbound, and W on the return... the small print doesn't say anything... it is still 'trying out Premium Comfort' even if only upgrading one leg.
Called last week, agent stated that if 'the booking contains premium comfort it will be fine'. So let's wait and see. Plans slightly changed. Booked a multi-city, mixed fare ticket AMS-CDG-DEN on AF in economy (booked as KL codeshare, class L and N). Return SFO - AMS on KL in premium comfort (class A). Charge on the card has been processed yesterday, each ticket 1100+. Let's see if the cashback indeed shows up as the agent told me it would. Still a bit suspicious, as it contains the outward trip in economy. But the alternative still was AF premium economy, which also didn't fully match the T&Cs. Anyone already received the cashback?
Old Jan 8, 2023, 4:59 am
Suspended

Just to check: The platinum card does not offer Centurion lounge access, right? Trying to decide whether to sign up as I don't foresee myself being able to renew my plat with just flying, but 600 euros for 60 XP might make the difference.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 5:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by mpkz
Just to check: The platinum card does not offer Centurion lounge access, right? Trying to decide whether to sign up as I don't foresee myself being able to renew my plat with just flying, but 600 euros for 60 XP might make the difference.
no, it is only the regular plat, not the cobranded that gives lounge access
mpkz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.