Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

FAQ 4A1 - Questions relating to the French co-branded FB Amex card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 4A1 - Questions relating to the French co-branded FB Amex card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2022, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Masterfrog
But those cashback offers are offered to every Amex customer. So you can still access them with a free Amex card at the entry level.
I am not sure about this one. In 2020/21 IIRC, some of the AFKL offers were targeted to the AFKLFB one and I remember one that was not available to the Silver card but only for Gold/Plat.
CJ99 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
For travel insurances, only AFKL flights are covered. Before it was all airlines.
Thanks, I compared the current AF Gold insurance brochure to the 2013 insurance brochure I still have, and realized how much we lost.

Pretty sure I am ditching my AF Gold this year and will have a VISA Premier instead. I will still retain the Amex Blue though (I benefited from the free for life offer), so I can retain status with car rental companies.
Too bad I did not subscribed to this thread earlier.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:43 am

Programs: FB platinum
I just received the weirdest credit on my AFKL Plat Amex. The description is "AIR FRANCE MOTO" (which is usually the AF call center when they run the credit card over the phone), and the amount is exactly the same as half the price I paid for two FB award tickets TLS - CDG - MIA in J, booked during the 50% Amex offer in May. What surprises me is:
  • The flight is not a direct flight from France, so I don't think it should have been eligible for this offer
  • I did not think award flights would be eligible (but they appear as any other flight on the statement, with all the usual details, so that might explain that)
  • I already received credit for another booking made during this offer, and I received this credit about 2 months ago... so why this one now?
Has anyone else received some similar credit recently? Am I just lucky or in trouble? (as far as I can see, my booking is still ticketed and fine on the AF site)

Edit: I'm now pretty sure that's indeed some offer credit, as it shows as earning "0 miles", whereas refunds show a negative amount of miles. So not a refund I think

Last edited by lynxy; Aug 19, 2022 at 8:17 am
Old Aug 19, 2022, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by lynxy
I just received the weirdest credit on my AFKL Plat Amex. The description is "AIR FRANCE MOTO" (which is usually the AF call center when they run the credit card over the phone), and the amount is exactly the same as half the price I paid for two FB award tickets TLS - CDG - MIA in J, booked during the 50% Amex offer in May. What surprises me is:
  • The flight is not a direct flight from France, so I don't think it should have been eligible for this offer
  • I did not think award flights would be eligible (but they appear as any other flight on the statement, with all the usual details, so that might explain that)
  • I already received credit for another booking made during this offer, and I received this credit about 2 months ago... so why this one now?
Has anyone else received some similar credit recently? Am I just lucky or in trouble? (as far as I can see, my booking is still ticketed and fine on the AF site)

Edit: I'm now pretty sure that's indeed some offer credit, as it shows as earning "0 miles", whereas refunds show a negative amount of miles. So not a refund I think
I too received the weirdest credit on my AFKL Gold this morning…

I had already received the 50% credit from the May offer back in June, and the amount I received today makes no sense in terms of percentage of anything I paid AF recently.

The transaction reference on the amex online tool is « AFKLM Offer » which makes me believe this could just be an error from amex on processing the May offer. Also called AF and no trace of any credit on their end whatsoever.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles&Smiles
Originally Posted by canadou
Same here, but in my case the amount matches the 50% offer in May.

FWIW the credit I got for the May operation was incorrectly calculated, and I got credited for two bookings where one was elligble and one wasn't.

Maybe there's some reconciliation done on either Amex or AF's side? If so, they should probably check for people having gotten less than what they should (and not people getting a different amount of what they should have gotten)
Old Sep 5, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Air France Platinum Card Usage

Hello,

I currently have Air France Platinum Card for my business which I usually spend around 7 - 10 k per month, and an Amex Platinum Card attached to my personal account, I will usually spend around 2 - 3k per month. Is this the best way to get points / status / and miles ? With the personal Amex Platnium I will get lounge access but relatively few transferable points, and with the AF AMEX I will get points but only towards AF.

Regarding my points, I will only try and redeem them for air travel to try and fly business, or free tickets. I will hardly use them for hotel partners or car rentals.

As I am new to the whole points systems, this would be very helpful for me to have any insights.

-- Alex Wings
Old Sep 7, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Smiles/GOL Diamond, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by canadou
Same for me, I recevied twice the 50% credit related to the business class offer.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by GeoFBAF
Hey,
I have a quick question: is it possible to have 2 separates AFKLM Amex cards (not a card and an additional one, but 2 cards "bought" separately)?
In this case, will I receive 60XP/year (in the case I buy two Gold AFKLM AMEX for example)?
I´m seeing it as a relatively cheap way to buy XP, but also as an alternative to an XP run which is not always possible due to time restrictions.
Thanks!
In theory no but some glitch in the system allows one to hold both silver and gold Amex FB card, with respective annual XP credit to FB account.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 12:35 pm

Desperate question: Is it possible to request Amex (or its insurance) a chargeback for a return flight canceled 2 years ago by a notorious mexican airline that provided a 1 year non-renewable & non-reimbursable voucher ?
Old Sep 10, 2022, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Masterfrog
I guess you can't get one AF Amex and one regular Amex ?
I have both. AF Amex and the regular Amex are two different product lines. What for example means, u can have two Welcome Packages. The refer-a-friend (Parrainage) also works twice.

On the other side u are not able to crossing both products (Upgrade/Downgrade).
Originally Posted by Yolow
Desperate question: Is it possible to request Amex (or its insurance) a chargeback for a return flight canceled 2 years ago by a notorious mexican airline that provided a 1 year non-renewable & non-reimbursable voucher ?
Let's make it short... "no".

Generally it's in depends if u accept the 1 year voucher in the past. If yes it comes to an agreement with the airline and there is no chargeback possible anymore. You have accepted the new contract conditions.
If u don't accept the 1 year voucher is a chargeback mostly possible... but just 120 Days (Amex) from the original purchase date. (Visa/Mastercard mostly just 90 Days)

My proposition: The Chargeback its free of charge so I would just try... there is nothing u can lose. Also check mexican government rules if they regulate a voucher statute of limitations.

Did you have to book the return flight again? Additional coast (on this trip)? If yes, most of the travel insurance will cover. (But i don't know the limitation period.)
Yolow likes this.

Last edited by Escorpio; Sep 10, 2022 at 9:04 am
Old Sep 20, 2022, 3:32 am

​​​​​​​Question regarding Hertz status

Originally Posted by SteveCanary
I thought we were already supposed to get Hertz 15% discount and now it's not President's Circle anymore but Five Star, that we already have...
According to the letter you received, the Golf FB card gives you Five Star status (when you were told President's Circle...), does someone know if the SIlver FB card also comes with a status ? I am seriously considering downgrading from Gold to Silver...
Old Oct 2, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: FB platinum
It seems that the insurances of the AF/KL cards will again change, at least this time it looks like it's not in a bad direction.
From https://www.americanexpress.com/fr/a...generales.html :
Nous avons mis à jour les Conditions Générales de vos Assurances et Assistances avec les changements suivants :
- Votre Carte couvrira désormais certaines maladies préexistantes(1)(2) et vous serez donc couvert si vous devez annuler, reporter, interrompre votre voyage ou si vous avez besoin d'une prise en charge médicale à l'étranger.
- Pour les titulaires de Carte AIR FRANCE KLM - AMERICAN EXPRESS PLATINUM, Carte Platinum American Express® et Centurion d'American Express®, vous serez couvert en cas de quarantaine obligatoire à l'étranger : vos frais supplémentaires engagés avec votre Carte seront remboursés à hauteur de 200 € par nuit(1)(2).

Ces changements entreront en vigueur à compter du 1er novembre 2022 et s'appliqueront pour vous, votre conjoint(e), vos enfants de moins de 25 ans et les titulaires de Cartes supplémentaires(3).
It's very nice that they now cover quarantine related costs, given that almost no country in the world seems to still be doing that
Old Oct 3, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Amex Gold to get 24/7 video medical care in French. Could be useful.

Profitez aussi de notre nouveau service de téléconsultation médicale
à l'étranger. Où que vous soyez, vous pouvez prendre des rendez-vous
avec des médecins francophones à toute heure du jour et de la nuit.

Cette couverture médicale s'applique notamment pour votre conjoint(e), vos enfants de moins de 25 ans et les titulaires de Cartes supplémentaires(5).
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:13 pm

Amex Express Voyages offer

Hi,

If I book a hotel on the Amex travel portal for some family members (I won't be staying at the same hotel with them) will I be eligible for the 100/400 cashback ?

Last edited by Ciumpy; Oct 13, 2022 at 2:23 pm
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by newflyer27
I think that you won’t get anything from AXA without an answer from the airline saying they won’t reimburse you. You must claim with airline first and then if you don’t get anything from airline (need something to prove it) then you can claim with your card.
at least that was my experience twice on TAP flights, I had to wait 3 months for TAP to answer me but in the meantime AXA did not want to reimburse me anything still.
Quick update
In the end AXA processed my insurance claim without having an answer from the airline. Each time they brought up the subject I've insisted over the phone and email that I don't wish to deal with the airline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.