Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

destination change allowed on award after schedule change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status

I booked SFO-AMS-HAJ one-way, in J, using FB miles, all on KLM. I booked last year for travel this Sept. Of course there were schedule changes, but this last one has my original AMS-HAJ flight canceled. We were rebooked on the next flight, bu it turned our 3 hr layover in AMS to 8 hrs, which is a bit long, and we get into HAJ rather late. Does FB allow destination changes (at no charge) in cases like this? We could fly to BER instead and there are many more flights to choose from.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by mangoMan
I booked SFO-AMS-HAJ one-way, in J, using FB miles, all on KLM. I booked last year for travel this Sept. Of course there were schedule changes, but this last one has my original AMS-HAJ flight canceled. We were rebooked on the next flight, bu it turned our 3 hr layover in AMS to 8 hrs, which is a bit long, and we get into HAJ rather late. Does FB allow destination changes (at no charge) in cases like this? We could fly to BER instead and there are many more flights to choose from.
You should be able to do it, as it’s in the same region. I’m not 100% sure tbh, but I often see the ability to change a flight to another airport in the same country. I think you ought to pay fare difference though since it’s a schedule change, you could probably get it for free. Call and ask would the best advice in your situation
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:56 am

Programs: FB Gold
Just my 0,02€, if you ask to change, try routing par CDG.

AMS is to be avoided for the near future.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by mlin32

Flight is not until mid Sept so I figure AMS should be in better shape by then.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by mlin32

The problems with long lines at AMS are more for departing pax (ex AMS) than for connecting pax. The connections are to the best of my knowledge still fairly smooth

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.