Status of Air France-KLM at LHR Terminal 4

Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Sjondorn
I remember 100% at least in late 2018 I travelled SFO-CDG-PRG: no security at CDG (traveling in P though). Think in August 2020 I had to clear security again (though TATL travel barely existed at this time) and I believe the same was in 2021 in J there was no need to go through security again (but not 100% sure now).
ahhh but you were in P, that’s why ! Technically, France recognizes the concept of “safe countries” but CDG is not designed for this segregation of countries. Or I should rather say that ADP doesn’t want to do it because even if feasible at 2E, it’s not easily feasible in other terminal. Travelling in P with AF is the only exception because the P lounge has its own private PIF airside and you can bypass it arriving from safe countries.
Otherwise, I confirm you that you go through security every time from NS to S, whatever the country you are arriving from and I am not aware of any exception period. Remember that, not that long ago, you had also to go through security in CDG when connecting S to NS. We had a lot of discussion on this forum about that as it was a total revolution for CDG .

Originally Posted by atflyer
Goldorak, have high respect for you being such a frequent poster - but I did the trip end May BOG-CDG-AMS and only had to show my passport. Of course there are times when my memory is blurred, particularly for events long ago, but this is for sure.
I have also full respect for you atflyer and I certainly don’t like to say that you are wrong , but I believe you just forgot as it’s a non event to go through security. Or as said by Fabo.sk, there was a big security breach that day.
irishguy28 and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
edit: also, while EC261/2004 does not apply, I'm sure DOT also has similar regulations per duty to care....
No, US rules are less protective than EU ones for duty of care. The rules in the US do not make airlines responsible for duty of care unless the missed connection is attributable to the carrier.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Goldorak
a

I have also full respect for you atflyer and I certainly don’t like to say that you are wrong , but I believe you just forgot as it’s a non event to go through security. Or as said by Fabo.sk, there was a big security breach that day.
Ok, with so many experienced CDG travelers against me, it may be I may have forgotten my end May walk from 2E to 2F included a security check with no one in front of me. I feel compelled to book a similar itinerary again to check it out ;-)
Goldorak likes this.

Last edited by atflyer; Jun 25, 2022 at 4:01 am
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by NickB
No, US rules are less protective than EU ones for duty of care. The rules in the US do not make airlines responsible for duty of care unless the missed connection is attributable to the carrier.
I will file my costs (to KL to start with since they sold me the ticket) and see what happens. My case was vague if the criterion is 'attributable to the carrier'. Delta was 30-45 minutes late. This reduced connection time from about 2 hours to 1. 1 hour connection would have perfectly worked without the security check, with long lines, in T3. But there were long lines which cannot be (fully) attributable to Delta (although I would say - they should count on some additional time requirements due to security and not count on a security check that is so quick that you may forget about it). But I would have made it if DL3 had arrived on time.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor
AFKL is moving to the Aspire lounge in T3 as of today. I've never been in this lounge, but given the underwhelming nature of the No.1 lounge, assume it's a step up?

https://wwws.airfrance.co.uk/informa...?sf166687551=1
Goldorak and Lawrious like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: FB Platinium, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dkeng
AFKL is moving to the Aspire lounge in T3 as of today. I've never been in this lounge, but given the underwhelming nature of the No.1 lounge, assume it's a step up?

I will test it wednesday morning an dlet you know if it's a setup from No1 lounge
Goldorak, dkeng and Lawrious like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE

From the picture in the link, it looks like many tables are very close to one another.

In that terminal I have had great experiences at the VS Clubhouse and the Centurion lounge. Just sharing that the Centurion lounge is my favorite for food and beverage, and the VS lounge has lots of room and passable food and beverage. I do wish AF/KL would do a deal with VS to enable passengers to use that VS lounge.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by thierryd92
I will test it wednesday morning an dlet you know if it's a setup from No1 lounge
We welcome your review in the lounge thread
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:40 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan Basic; BA Executive Club Blue;

I used it on the 21st of June after being turned away from No.1 Lounge using Loungekey, and the Aspire was very average at best so I would manage your expectations.

food was so-so, they sat strangers across from each other, and long queues for the toilets. This was in the morning where I suspected there were a lot of PP users on AA/Delta flights which might have made it worse.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, ALL Silver, HH Silver
Originally Posted by ACYYZYHZ
I used it on the 21st of June after being turned away from No.1 Lounge using Loungekey, and the Aspire was very average at best so I would manage your expectations.

food was so-so, they sat strangers across from each other, and long queues for the toilets. This was in the morning where I suspected there were a lot of PP users on AA/Delta flights which might have made it worse.

I wonder what made this lounge so special for it to be "voted Europe's leading airport lounge 2021" then ?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Lawrious
I wonder what made this lounge so special for it to be "voted Europe's leading airport lounge 2021" then ?
Beats me.
As far as I can tell, "Aspire Lounge" is short for "Aspires to be a lounge when it grows up".
johan rebel, wrp96, dkeng and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lawrious
Absolutely nothing to do with the standard of service it provides, that's for sure.

Very, very few prizes and awards of any kind are worth their salt, so to speak.

The STEM Nobel Prizes, Fields Medal, Abel Prize, Medal of Honor, and a few more are genuinely prestigious, and then you get a string of reputable second tier prizes in various fields. These go to individuals whose achievements are generally beyond dispute, at least at the time when they are honored.

Just about every other award or prize sits somewhere on the continuum dishonest - commercial - pompous - vainglorious - silly - stupid. All sorts of associations and in-groups relish their annual back-slapping and a$$-licking award ceremonies; others are in it for the money or publicity. All that kind of crap is best ignored.

Johan
NickB, dkeng, Fabo.sk and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, ALL Silver, HH Silver
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Absolutely nothing to do with the standard of service it provides, that's for sure.

Very, very few prizes and awards of any kind are worth their salt, so to speak.

The STEM Nobel Prizes, Fields Medal, Abel Prize, Medal of Honor, and a few more are genuinely prestigious, and then you get a string of reputable second tier prizes in various fields. These go to individuals whose achievements are generally beyond dispute, at least at the time when they are honored.

Just about every other award or prize sits somewhere on the continuum dishonest - commercial - pompous - vainglorious - silly - stupid. All sorts of associations and in-groups relish their annual back-slapping and a$$-licking award ceremonies; others are in it for the money or publicity. All that kind of crap is best ignored.

Johan
Agree wholeheartedly, I just wondered who the supposed voters were.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 1:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor
Seems like an open vote anyone can register for. As is known, open votes on the Internet always produces flawless results.

Looking at the list of nominees in 2021, it seems MAN is the epicentre of lounge quality in Europe. Who knew...?

https://www.worldtravelawards.com/aw...rt-lounge-2021
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Well I mean, if you put Aspire up against the Lufthansa F Terminal for best lounge in Europe, it's going to be Aspire for the win every time...no?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.