Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extra XP for CO2-offset and donations

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by b12e
I paid €10 for trees and €12 for SAF. Seems like I only got the miles on SAF; but XP on both. The agent said €10 per XP if I remember correctly. He had to check it himself too, didn't know it by heart.
Saving the environment and money on xp runs one donation at a time- sounds perfect for me.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Maybe he did forget the tree planting bit. I am
not calling them back to check that, the half an hour wait isn't worth it. not for 80 miles and 1XP.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Maybe he did forget the tree planting bit. I am
not calling them back to check that, the half an hour wait isn't worth it. not for 80 miles and 1XP.
Not worth calling but do send a message. It's good to iron out the kinks early in the process.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Not worth calling but do send a message. It's good to iron out the kinks early in the process.
I guess the major kink is that it didn't post automatically and needs human intervention 😄

I'll send them a message later, however my last 3 Apple Business Chat messages go unanswered to this day (and I don't have Whatsapp/Messenger), so I doubt it'll have an effect.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:10 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
As per a tweakers.net posts; this seems to also work for small donations. I think earlier it was posted here that everything under 5 euro would not be rounded. It seems that even a 1-euro donation results in 1 XP:

Escape likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
As per a tweakers.net posts; this seems to also work for small donations. I think earlier it was posted here that everything under 5 euro would not be rounded. It seems that even a 1-euro donation results in 1 XP:
From a recent experiment on AMS-LCY-AMS: a spend of €3,34 resulted in 1XP and 11 miles. So the XP seem to get rounded up at 1:€10 indeed, but I haven't yet figured out how they got to the 11 miles for €3,34...

Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by KL895
From a recent experiment on AMS-LCY-AMS: a spend of €3,34 resulted in 1XP and 11 miles. So the XP seem to get rounded up at 1:€10 indeed, but I haven't yet figured out how they got to the 11 miles for €3,34...

if you are FB Gold, 7x 1.56 = 10.92 which would round to 11 miles.

which reconfirms that you don't get XP or miles for reforestation, only for SAF, as I experienced previously too.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
if you are FB Gold, 7x 1.56 = 10.92 which would round to 11 miles. which reconfirms that you don't get XP or miles for reforestation, only for SAF, as I experienced previously too.
We might be getting closer here, but I'm Silver and see that should then have been 6x 1.56 = 9.36 miles, right?

Last edited by KL895; Jul 10, 2022 at 2:19 pm Reason: misread
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by KL895
That explains: I'm Silver so then it must be 7x 1.56 = 10.92 miles. Thanks.
silver earns 6 per euro spent, I believe. So then the calculation is off again 🤔

Edit: The only way I can then explain is that you didn't get XP/Miles for SAF, just for reforestation, which would be 6 x 1.78 = 10.68, rounded up = 11 miles. 🤔🤔
KL895 and Solevita like this.

Last edited by b12e; Jul 10, 2022 at 2:43 pm
Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate
Originally Posted by SpinEcho
So far I only got 17 XP/UXP for the SAF, nothing for reforestation.
And even stranger: while the +17 UXP appears in my transaction history, it was actually not added to my UXP counter... I have called TA and contacted FB as well, no clear answer yet.
So the last update I got from the Ultimate team is that the UXP for SAP shown in the transactions are actually a bug in th system. There should be no UXP, and that explains why they were not added in my counter. They are going to fix it, so that no UXP appear in the transaction list anymore. Big disappointment.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
So the last update I got from the Ultimate team is that the UXP for SAP shown in the transactions are actually a bug in th system. There should be no UXP, and that explains why they were not added in my counter. They are going to fix it, so that no UXP appear in the transaction list anymore. Big disappointment.
I am not surprised at all. UXP is only and exclusively by flying and only on AFKL transactions. No credit card or other type of XP- or mileage-earning transactions.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 12:09 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I am not surprised at all. UXP is only and exclusively by flying and only on AFKL transactions. No credit card or other type of XP- or mileage-earning transactions.
Unsurprising but a little disappointing. I was feeling this was actually a good initiative from AFKL, but it’s extremely sad that its most loyal FF are left out of any significant benefit from it m. And I feel it’s different from the CC XPs, since these XPs can be earned only through flying AFKL, though on a different component of it.
SpinEcho likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 12:09 am

I Disagree. SAF/Reforestation are only purchaseable with a flight and not alone. Therefore it should be awarding UXPs...
SpinEcho likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:02 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate
The problem is that I was explicitly told by the Ultimate line that SAF would yield XP and UXP, after the TA I had on the phone checked with the team "expert"...
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:55 pm

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
UXP are in the FAQ

The problem is that I was explicitly told by the Ultimate line that SAF would yield XP and UXP, after the TA I had on the phone checked with the team "expert"...
In the page, UXPs are confirmed for Environment options connected to flights. your TA was wrong (how surprising)… :-)

https://www.flyingblue.ch/en/news/sustainability

8. Do I gain UXP from making sustainable choices?

You gain UXP (Ultimate Experience Points) from contributing to the options “Environment” and “CO2ZERO” with your flights, and you gain as many UXP as you gain XP from sustainable choices. Donating Miles to charities on flyingblue.com is not eligible to gain UXP
Goldorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.