Extra XP for CO2-offset and donations

Old Jun 12, 2024, 11:02 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by kauppias
cant be worse then FR and I tested that recently too 😁
Service wise, about the same. Price wise, thoughÖ

I chose HV over FR exactly once, expecting a smoother journey for 2x the price. Letís just stay my HV flight count is stuck at 2, and Iím flying FR tonight !
kauppias likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 1:20 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by maalloc
Service wise, about the same. Price wise, thoughÖ

I chose HV over FR exactly once, expecting a smoother journey for 2x the price. Letís just stay my HV flight count is stuck at 2, and Iím flying FR tonight !
I will have to keep that in mind luckily I have mostly flown with AF/KLM and AY lately
maalloc likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2024, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by drjeffrock
Anybody have any award tickets in 2025 that show possible XP earnings in SAF? My options still are not showing as earning XP through all the different apps and browsers.
Be prepared to have to argue to get it to credit. I was offered to buy SAF in the app from an award booked through DL, and they acted like they were doing me a favor by manually crediting it.

"Please be advised that your request had to be escalated to our supervision department in order to verify if we can credit a SAF option paid using our site, that was attached to a ticket issued by a Partner for a flight that was offered as a Reward by the Partner Program."
"Please be advised that your SAF option was accepted for credit as 1 time exception until the situation with such kind of combination will be clarified at the Sky Team level.
The normal process is as follows:
only rewards tickets issued by Flying Blue and which contain AF or KLM flight can be credited in our system, with 0 value in order to permit the credit of SAF purchase in this kind of reservations."
You sold it to me!

Billyfergus likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2024, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by guanin2999
When can you start buying the SAF option to get extra xp? I have a couple of AF bookings for which the SAF option is not appearing.
Update to this: I can now see the SAF option, but apparently it doesn't award any XP? I have a couple of other revenue bookings that give XP for the SAF option but this one award booking won't seem to give any XP if I but the option for it.
Old Jun 15, 2024, 7:32 pm

LBA-AMS-NRT return in PE gives me the option to buy SAF for around £1100 and earns 134XP. Coupled with the 58XP for the flight itself, it would get me back to Gold for under the price of a single J return. Would be a good deal, if I had the money to spare right now.
kauppias likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2024, 6:38 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I have a KL codeshare on BT metal next week. SAF option is there, but only varying degrees of SAF. No Reforestation. The cheapest is 52 EUR for 6XP.
Old Jun 26, 2024, 7:56 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Update to this: I can now see the SAF option, but apparently it doesn't award any XP? I have a couple of other revenue bookings that give XP for the SAF option but this one award booking won't seem to give any XP if I but the option for it.
I have received XP for SAF on a AF award booking BEFORE for sure
Old Jun 26, 2024, 9:11 pm

Buying SAF credits for XP has been my primary way of attaining status within Flying Blue. If you have the funds, I say do it as you would have to fly a lot a lot in order to attain gold/platinum simply by flying.
Old Jun 26, 2024, 11:15 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Flying a lot is the point of frequent flyer programmes, to reward those who fly a lot with AF/KLM or Skyteam.
Old Jun 27, 2024, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by mlin32
Flying a lot is the point of frequent flyer programmes, to reward those who fly a lot with AF/KLM or Skyteam.
As an AF customer and French taxpayer, I am happy to see AF "give away" status to those who don't fly much, but give thousands of EUR per year that contribute directly to the bottom line of the company.

2000 Ä given to AF is the margin generated, on average, during 370 flights. Those non-flying customers that pay for Plat are clearly the best (and we shouldn't complain, as they don't crowd lounges nor SP lines ).
Old Jun 27, 2024, 1:37 am

I thought making it easier to get XP is what worsens the crowding situation at lounges and queues to be honest.
Old Jun 27, 2024, 1:42 am

I thought making it easier to get XP is what worsens the crowding situation at lounges and queues to be honest.
Agreed; for those who actually fly. Those who pay for XP stay home more often than they go to the airport by definition.

As I see it, lounges/SP have the same business model as gyms: paid for by a lot of people, with some hardcore users that go there 10x as much as the average crowd. So those who prefer to fork out 1k-2k€ per year buying status instead of paying 70 € a few times to get lounge access when not flying J are actually great contributors to the economic balance
mlin32, gojko88, Fabo.sk and 2 others like this.

Last edited by maalloc; Jun 27, 2024 at 12:41 pm
Old Jun 27, 2024, 12:35 pm

I am having a similar issue. I have some paid and some award flights that offer the SAF option, but I have two award bookings in March of next year that do not show XP earnings. When is your award booking with no XP info?
Old Jun 27, 2024, 11:30 pm

I believe it's very hard to secure Plat by flying economy alone. A transatlantic crossing nets you 10 xp each way.. To go from Explorer to Plat, which I'm almost there, you need 580 XP.. That's 29 transatlantic return flights for me in about a year and change. So in a way, I am paying up to secure Platinum without having to pay 5-8x more because otherwise I'd be forced to pay up for multiple business class trips. Paying premiums also gives you more miles and higher multipliers to attain more miles as you level up the status levels, which means I get to travel more and possibly treat myself to business class on occasion. Oh and there's also a huge incentive laid out by Flying Blue to attain the highest amount of status in the first year because you are gently downgraded a tier per year.

I've been to Europe 5 times in the past 7 months, I would hope that qualifies me as frequent flyer.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Coffeeattack
I believe it's very hard to secure Plat by flying economy alone. A transatlantic crossing nets you 10 xp each way.. To go from Explorer to Plat, which I'm almost there, you need 580 XP.. That's 29 transatlantic return flights for me in about a year and change. So in a way, I am paying up to secure Platinum without having to pay 5-8x more because otherwise I'd be forced to pay up for multiple business class trips. Paying premiums also gives you more miles and higher multipliers to attain more miles as you level up the status levels, which means I get to travel more and possibly treat myself to business class on occasion. Oh and there's also a huge incentive laid out by Flying Blue to attain the highest amount of status in the first year because you are gently downgraded a tier per year.

I've been to Europe 5 times in the past 7 months, I would hope that qualifies me as frequent flyer.
Of course. Flying Blue, like any frequent flyer programme, wants to reward that travel in J. Many of the Plats on this forum travel frequently on J paid by his/her employer. Also, it's more advantageous for those of us living in Europe (it's a European programme) since one can earn 10 XP on a 55mn A/R from Francfort to Paris (although one would take the TGV).

A J ticket (A/R) from Europe to Asia with a single correspondance at CDG/AMS hub would accrue 174 XP. That's progress. A double correspondance (throwing in a CDG <=> AMS) yields an additional 30 XP in J. So up to 204XP.

You don't have to accrue 580XP all in one year. The period of qualification (12 mois) resets once you attain the next level.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.