Wiki Posts
Search

Best Airline for ATL - AMS (currently)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by mlin32
I was gonna say, I can name a bunch of airlines with 4 class aeroplanes. Lufthansa, Singapore, Cathay Pacific (I forget if they discontinued it), etc.....it's a very different level of service/product.
Yes, but as you will see in my OP, I was only talking about KL and DL which do not offer that on the ATL - AMS route, if they offer it at all.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:53 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by mlin32
I was gonna say, I can name a bunch of airlines with 4 class aeroplanes. Lufthansa, Singapore, Cathay Pacific (I forget if they discontinued it), etc.....it's a very different level of service/product.
LH, really?! Last time I flew them on an US-EU route it was on an A340 with a J-product from stone age...
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
LH, really?! Last time I flew them on an US-EU route it was on an A340 with a J-product from stone age...
Did you search for FIRST CLASS in particular?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by moondog
Did you search for FIRST CLASS in particular?
I talked about J. And as other posters already stated correctly, KL/DL do not offer FIRST anyway. (First being a top level product like "La Première" or LH/LX "First class", not what Delta used to call "First")
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:17 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
LH has first on their A346, B748, and A380s. The last of which was suspended but may be reactivated.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
A380 is unlikely to be reactivated but it's possible. There's also some new orders coming with F soon.

LH J product is indeed well behind times, again new product should start coming soon. In the meantime, you can hope for one of the several airplanes (mainly A350s) leased from other airlines with their superior J product.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

F exists. Calling DeltaOne F would make even DL cringe.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I really hate the play on names all of the airlines do to market. You either have a 2 class or 3 class plane. The names are annoying, because they mean nothing. First on one airline may be better than another airline, but first may also be worse than business on some airlines. It is the airline that can make the difference. I wonder about Virgin or Air Canada sometimes, they may have a better _____ front of the plane experience, but I don't know.
I suggest you look at seat maps on seatguru as well as on airline websites.

You will clearly see the difference between the 4 classes on International flights for airlines with 4 classes: First, business, premium economy and economy.

Look for pictures as well.
wuzziduzziman and Solevita like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by carnarvon
I suggest you look at seat maps on seatguru as well as on airline websites.

You will clearly see the difference between the 4 classes on International flights for airlines with 4 classes: First, business, premium economy and economy.

Look for pictures as well.
It Does Not Matter! It is simply marketing, call it anything you want, the only thing that matters is the service. You are NOT changing my mind!
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: FB
Hey, don't be so defensive. There's a reason why I checked out of this thread. I'm happy that you believe the way you do, and I hope that your travels are not excessively disrupted by semantics, marketing, cognitive dissonance, or reality.
in all fairness, for these distinctions to matter, you'd have to be spending far more than you're willing to spend. If that's not the case, feel free to make more nose here, and an enterprising marketeer should be in touch.
danfl44 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
It Does Not Matter! It is simply marketing, call it anything you want, the only thing that matters is the service. You are NOT changing my mind!
If it's just 'marketing' and doesn't matter then how will you know when you buy a ticket which cabin you'll be getting and thus what service to expect?

Would you be happier if the cabins were called red green yellow and blue? There you can pick your favourite colour cabin, but if you're favourite colour isn't available as a cabin then just pick the closest match. No marketing there to cloud the issue...
hhdl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.