Best Airline for ATL - AMS (currently)

Old Jun 15, 22, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler View Post
Business Class / First Class, just semantics of the front of the plane. In reality Business class is usually lie flat seats where first is just a big seat. When the opposite used to be true. You can call the classes anything you want, really there is back - middle - front and sometimes just back and front. Unless you get on a wonderful 747, then the best is upper deck. JMHO
You're not familiar with La Premiere, are you?
Old Jun 15, 22, 7:51 pm

Programs: FB
Again, not semantics. Or rather, semantics in the sense that the two signifiers are not interchangeable, and signify different things. International first class exists and is very different from North American ("domestic") first class. It's also considerably more expensive than business class, and is for the least price-sensitive customers, who appreciate caviar, apron transfers, in-flight showers, and rubber ducks. The fact that there is no direct first class service from ATL to AMS is beside the point.
Also, the top deck of 747s is not always for the highest level of service. Back many years ago, AF had non-smoking economy up there. And LH has business class up there, and first in the nose (where it's quieter).
Goldorak and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 16, 22, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Business Class / First Class, just semantics of the front of the plane.
It's certainly not semantics. Very different products.
Old Jun 16, 22, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Business Class / First Class, just semantics of the front of the plane.
Only if you don't know what you are talking about.

Johan
carnarvon likes this.
Old Jun 16, 22, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by johan rebel View Post
Only if you don't know what you are talking about.

Johan
Hmmm Really? Of course they are different, but First is domestic and business is international while both are the front possible cabin for that flight. You will not see Business and First on the same flight.
Old Jun 16, 22, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hhdl View Post
You're not familiar with La Premiere, are you?
No, not at all.
Old Jun 16, 22, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BubbaX View Post
Again, not semantics. Or rather, semantics in the sense that the two signifiers are not interchangeable, and signify different things. International first class exists and is very different from North American ("domestic") first class. It's also considerably more expensive than business class, and is for the least price-sensitive customers, who appreciate caviar, apron transfers, in-flight showers, and rubber ducks. The fact that there is no direct first class service from ATL to AMS is beside the point.
Also, the top deck of 747s is not always for the highest level of service. Back many years ago, AF had non-smoking economy up there. And LH has business class up there, and first in the nose (where it's quieter).
I have never been on an international Delta flight with a "First Class", but I have been on many with Business as the front of the plane. It was the lie flat seats in business.
Old Jun 17, 22, 1:54 am

Programs: SPG-P ALL/HH/IHG-D RR/NCH-G, BA/A3-G AF/ay-P, Octopus
I'm not sure you're being serious .. It says you're AA ExPlt so surely you've seen AA international F, for example? Some airlines operate eco+biz, others up to four class service.
hhdl likes this.
Old Jun 17, 22, 3:21 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Hmmm Really? Of course they are different, but First is domestic and business is international while both are the front possible cabin for that flight. You will not see Business and First on the same flight.
Maybe this will help somewhat?

La Premiere is First. Business is Business, also known as Affaires sometimes.

Other airlines just call First First.
Old Jun 17, 22, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have never been on an international Delta flight with a "First Class", but I have been on many with Business as the front of the plane. It was the lie flat seats in business.
Before business class became a thing in the late 70s, there was just first class and tourist/coach/economy class for the most part. Towards the mid-80s, a lot of airlines, including Delta, phased out first-class, but a lot didn't. In any event, DeltaOne is most certainly marketed and sold as business class.
hhdl likes this.
Old Jun 17, 22, 6:54 am
Original Poster

I really hate the play on names all of the airlines do to market. You either have a 2 class or 3 class plane. The names are annoying, because they mean nothing. First on one airline may be better than another airline, but first may also be worse than business on some airlines. It is the airline that can make the difference. I wonder about Virgin or Air Canada sometimes, they may have a better _____ front of the plane experience, but I don't know.
Old Jun 17, 22, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Q suites are the only J product I can think of that is arguably better than some airlines F.

Last edited by moondog; Jun 17, 22 at 8:59 am
Old Jun 17, 22, 8:50 am

Programs: FB platinum
I really hate the play on names all of the airlines do to market. You either have a 2 class or 3 class plane.
Many airlines have 4 class planes (Eco, Premium, Biz, and First).
SkyteamEP likes this.
Old Jun 17, 22, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lynxy View Post
Many airlines have 4 class planes (Eco, Premium, Biz, and First).
Okay, you are right, but not Delta!
Old Jun 17, 22, 11:22 am

Programs: AF/KLM FB Gold, AccorHotels Gold
I was gonna say, I can name a bunch of airlines with 4 class aeroplanes. Lufthansa, Singapore, Cathay Pacific (I forget if they discontinued it), etc.....it's a very different level of service/product.

Search this Thread