Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Comfort+ Platinum Benefit

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2022, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Delta Comfort+ Platinum Benefit

Hi everyone. This'll be my first time flying Delta since making platinum, and I'm a bit confused. The Flying Blue benefits chart says Plats get free Delta Comfort+ seats, but I can't select them (not even for pay!) Is there any trick to this? Do I have to call?
Old May 14, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Mordac
Hi everyone. This'll be my first time flying Delta since making platinum, and I'm a bit confused. The Flying Blue benefits chart says Plats get free Delta Comfort+ seats, but I can't select them (not even for pay!) Is there any trick to this? Do I have to call?
What booking class did you book your flight in? If you booked Basic Economy then that will explain why you can’t select Comfort+ (not even for pay).
Tiny letters on the Flying blue site:
Flying Blue Silver, Gold and Platinum members with Delta Main cabin fares in eligible booking classes benefit from discount on Delta Comfort+® seats, subject to availability. All fares are eligible except Basic Economy fares (booking class E), which are not eligible for free or paid Delta Comfort+®, regardless of Flying Blue status.
Old May 14, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Welcome to PM status. *snide* Oh great another PM *wink*

Make sure you have checked the 'REQUEST UPGRADE TO COMFORT+" box on your reservation on delta.com. also if your flight time is near departure it is possible that comfort+ is fully booked. In that case you upgrade request will go to the gate and you could get the Comfort+ upgrade there. Good luck!
Old May 14, 2022, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by tulipan
What booking class did you book your flight in? If you booked Basic Economy then that will explain why you can’t select Comfort+ (not even for pay).
Tiny letters on the Flying blue site:
Flying Blue Silver, Gold and Platinum members with Delta Main cabin fares in eligible booking classes benefit from discount on Delta Comfort+® seats, subject to availability. All fares are eligible except Basic Economy fares (booking class E), which are not eligible for free or paid Delta Comfort+®, regardless of Flying Blue status.
Booking class V, but I bought it as an AF codeshare. Does that make a difference?
Old May 15, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems that Delta SkyMiles members with status have priority over FB for upgrades. I’m FB Platinum and am currently 37 out of 41 for an upgrade to First Class on DL2247 ATL-SAT. Seems quite low for platinum…
irishguy28 likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 11:24 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Originally Posted by gncohen
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems that Delta SkyMiles members with status have priority over FB for upgrades. I’m FB Platinum and am currently 37 out of 41 for an upgrade to First Class on DL2247 ATL-SAT. Seems quite low for platinum…
You are correct.
THere is very little chance to be upgraded as a platinum member.
Old May 16, 2022, 2:01 am

Programs: FB platinum
Originally Posted by canadavid
That's not entirely correct, I've been upgraded a few times, just not on routes to/from ATL which are too elite heavy
Old May 16, 2022, 2:40 am
Original Poster

You are correct.
I definitely do not expect to be upgraded to First Class, but Comfort+ is not First class.
Old May 16, 2022, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I have both FB Platinum and DL Platinum and of course use DL when flying DL. And while I am 100% of the time upgraded to Comfort +, upgrades to First class are rare on the main routes. Except during most of the pandemic when I was upgraded several times on the 763 transcons with flat seats. But those days are behind us now.
Old May 16, 2022, 8:12 am

You are correct.
Yes, very little chance from DL hubs. But, it's of course question of city pairs. I was very often upgraded to first on JFK-YUL when that was running.
Old May 16, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
You are correct.
Yep. Especially for a flight that only has 20 F seats. It would mean that no seat would be sold and that 17 people on the waitlist do not want to be upgraded anymore (or a different mix of those effects). Unlikely.
Old May 16, 2022, 11:16 am

You are correct.
My butt hasn't touched a Delta economy seat in years, even at times when I was FB-statusless (but for some reason DL recognised me as 'KL Silver'). It depends on how elite-heavy your flights are. If there are more DL elites on the flight than seats available then yeah you're out of luck.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Originally Posted by mridley2
Welcome to PM status. *snide* Oh great another PM *wink*

Make sure you have checked the 'REQUEST UPGRADE TO COMFORT+" box on your reservation on delta.com. also if your flight time is near departure it is possible that comfort+ is fully booked. In that case you upgrade request will go to the gate and you could get the Comfort+ upgrade there. Good luck!
Curious to hear where I can find this box? I can select seats on the Delta website (I booked via KLM), but I cannot find the box.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems that Delta SkyMiles members with status have priority over FB for upgrade
Yes; every Delta status level ranks higher than FB Platinum. As far as I know, all of Aeromexico's status pax (if any on board) also outrank FB Platinum.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Yes; every Delta status level ranks higher than FB Platinum. As far as I know, all of Aeromexico's status pax (if any on board) also outrank FB Platinum.
Makes sense to value DL status holders over FB on DL upgrades, but Aeromexico?

I will say that paid upgrades before OLCI are much cheaper if FB Gold/Plat. From my experience, to upgrade to "first" class from Y on routes 4 hours or less for FB Gold/Plat, the price is about to $80-$150 at least in my experience so far. For Y to C+, with FB Gold/Plat, it usually ranges from $5-$50 but again, ymmv.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.