New T&C for Flying Blue

Old Mar 30, 22, 10:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Great. I also hold an AMEX FB Platinum as does my other half and couldn’t find the fly & share option recently.

I guess this brings the concept of fly & share to families without holding the AMEX. Even though it seems that fly & share stopped existing a while ago.

Not bad!
Old Mar 30, 22, 10:20 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Hilton Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Info79 View Post
​​​​​​Can you transfer XPs or only miles?
Only miles.
Old Mar 30, 22, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by r0gerthat View Post
Great. I also hold an AMEX FB Platinum as does my other half and couldn’t find the fly & share option recently.

I guess this brings the concept of fly & share to families without holding the AMEX. Even though it seems that fly & share stopped existing a while ago.

Not bad!
The Share&Fly option is still promoted on their French web site:

Old Mar 30, 22, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by arjen05 View Post
I also noticed that upgrades with miles now allow only one class upgrade per person. Not sure if that has been the case for AF, but for KL it means that with the new premium economy being introduced, one cannot upgrade from economy to business anymore in miles.
I believe that was already the case.
Old Mar 30, 22, 12:28 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
I believe that was already the case.

All right, so an economy ticker for AF could only be upgraded to premium economy on miles, not to business? Wasn’t aware of that.
Old Mar 30, 22, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by arjen05 View Post
All right, so an economy ticker for AF could only be upgraded to premium economy on miles, not to business? Wasn’t aware of that.
It was not the case, as I had a quote done last weekend by the Ulti TA team to upgrade with miles a revenue ticket (long-haul) from Y to J (AF flight having a W cabin). So it was possible under the "old" rules.
Old Mar 30, 22, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
No; that same verbiage already existed in the previous Flying Blue T&Cs and Skymiles status holders holding a Flying Blue award booking could of course gain obtain lounge access, etc, upon showing proof of their Skyteam Elite Plus status..
AFAIK, that is not the case: the old version of 2.10 only referred to mileage accumulation and not to perks. I do not have at hand the version immediately prior to this one but the 2017 one prior to introduction of XPs was worded as follows:
Originally Posted by previous Article 2.10
2.10 Unless otherwise stated by the Company or its Airline and Non-Airline Partners, including SkyTeam Partners, Members who are also members of other loyalty programmes should note that Level and Award Miles can be accumulated for only one programme per flight or per service. In such cases, Members should choose between programmes for each flight or for each service.
The reference to only "one loyalty programme per booking per member for the accrual and, or redemption of Miles, including but not limited to the use of services and benefits connected with the loyalty programme" is, I believe, new. What is the purpose of this and whether it will be used to disallow mix and match remains to be seen. Let us not forget that cards are de-materialised these days and it cannot be ruled out that we are heading towards a future where data in the reservation itself and coded in the BP will be the be-all and end-all for things like lounge access or baggage allowance. I struggle to understand the significance of adding "use of services and benefits" in 2.10 if the aim is not, eventually, to disallow mixing of FFPs for different purposes.
Old Mar 30, 22, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold; BA Rust
Originally Posted by NickB View Post
AFAIK, that is not the case: the old version of 2.10 only referred to mileage accumulation and not to perks. I do not have at hand the version immediately prior to this one
I've been quoting in this thread from the most recently valid version of the T&Cs, dated 1 April 2018 - the date Flying Blue launched in its "new" (earning based on Euros, Level Miles replaced by XPs) format - to highlight the differences.

Section 2.10 has had a new sentence added, which no longer allows miles to be "un-credited" (even if no miles/XPs are earned in FB - these flights will still show as "claimed" in FB and cannot then be claimed for elsewhere).

The remainder of section 2.10 remains unchanged in content since 1 April 2018:
Attached Images   
NickB and blairvanhorn like this.
Old Mar 30, 22, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
I've been quoting in this thread from the most recently valid version of the T&Cs, dated 1 April 2018 - the date Flying Blue launched in its "new" (earning based on Euros, Level Miles replaced by XPs) format - to highlight the differences.

Section 2.10 has had a new sentence added, which no longer allows miles to be "un-credited" (even if no miles/XPs are earned in FB - these flights will still show as "claimed" in FB and cannot then be claimed for elsewhere).

The remainder of section 2.10 remains unchanged in content since 1 April 2018:
Thanks. You are correct, then, that the previous sentence is essentially not altered. I am still puzzled by it though. If all they are concerned about is the crediting of miles and XPs, there is absolutely no need whatsoever to refer to "use of service and benefits" in that clause. I could be wrong but, IMO, it is only a matter of time until that hits us on the head.
Old Mar 30, 22, 4:32 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor Platinum / Hilton Diamond / TAP Miles&Go Gold / IHG One Platinum

Not bad!
It still exist , just the main card holder must contact FB to activate it
Old Mar 31, 22, 3:09 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by NickB View Post
Thanks. You are correct, then, that the previous sentence is essentially not altered. I am still puzzled by it though. If all they are concerned about is the crediting of miles and XPs, there is absolutely no need whatsoever to refer to "use of service and benefits" in that clause. I could be wrong but, IMO, it is only a matter of time until that hits us on the head.
I suppose the previous reading allowed you to use your FB card for benefits, then unclaim the flight from FB and retrocredit it to another program, thus circumventing the rule. What they want is, either use your FB privileges, but then credit the flight to FB (therefore they don't have to pay for the miles on the other program) or credit to the other program outright, but then you don't get to invoke FB for privileges.
Old Mar 31, 22, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk View Post
What they want is, either use your FB privileges, but then credit the flight to FB (therefore they don't have to pay for the miles on the other program) or credit to the other program outright, but then you don't get to invoke FB for privileges.
Yes, this is precisely what that sentence seems to be saying, hence what I wrote. But, as irishguy28 pointed out, this has been in the TandCs since the move to XPs and, to date at any rate, they have not enforced that. My suspicion is that, at some point, they will start doing it but perhaps there is no reason for immediate alarm since this is not new wording on this issue.
Old Mar 31, 22, 5:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
It still exist , just the main card holder must contact FB to activate it
Thanks - didn't know that!
I guess with the family account it doesn't matter anymore for my personal situation
Old Mar 31, 22, 11:28 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Oh sweetness ... now I can pool mine and my wife's miles together.
Old Apr 1, 22, 2:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor Platinum / Hilton Diamond / TAP Miles&Go Gold / IHG One Platinum
Thanks - didn't know that!
I guess with the family account it doesn't matter anymore for my personal situation
Yes and now you can add people without requesting a FB amex prior to that .

Search this Thread