Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways finally listed as Flying Blue Partner - with a twist

ITA Airways finally listed as Flying Blue Partner - with a twist

Old Nov 20, 2023, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mayiathebee
Hi all! I have a Gold status on Star Alliance and I am about to make my first frequent flyer SkyTeam account. Do you think it is better to join the FB or the Volare? I am about to fly with Air France, but have recently flown with ITA and was planning to claim those miles too. I have also recently flown with Quantas if that makes any difference. Thanks a lot for your input 🤗
You can't retroactively claim FB miles from your old ITA flights flown prior to today (the announcement date of FB accepting ITA flight miles)
Old Dec 28, 2023, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Now that you can enter ITA Volare number to your KLM/AF bookings - the website throws an error "you need to enter a number with 9 digits" - however the volare number has just 8 digits. I tried to add a 0 at the start and at the end - then I get the message "the frequent flyer number was not found".

Any idea how you can add the number correctly?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 5:54 am

Programs: AZ Executive (STE+) - FB Silver (ST)- Lounge Key
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
Now that you can enter ITA Volare number to your KLM/AF bookings - the website throws an error "you need to enter a number with 9 digits" - however the volare number has just 8 digits. I tried to add a 0 at the start and at the end - then I get the message "the frequent flyer number was not found".

Any idea how you can add the number correctly?
hi,

its the sane for me, Ive a number 00123456 , the system asks for 9 digits, even adding zeros at the beginning and end doesnt help. And AF / KLM support is helpless.

Does anyone has a solution?

thanks

Solved: first and last name swapped on the card. Raised to ITA Facebook and corrected quickly.

Last edited by catsniper75; Mar 20, 2024 at 12:30 am
Old Jun 13, 2024, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Bloomberg is today reporting that the Lufthansa purchase of a stake in ITA is likely now to be approved by July 4.

Unless the eventual annoucement turns out to be a surprise in light of this most recent development, don't make any assumptions about ITA still being a Flying Blue/Skyteam partner much beyond the end of the year....it's already been clearly signed that ITA will leave Skyteam for Star Alliance (in much the same way that SAS is leaving Star for Skyteam)

Originally Posted by Bloomberg

Lufthansa to Win EU Nod to Buy Alitalia’s Shaky Successor
  • EU to make official approval decision on deal by July 4
  • Lufthansa calmed EU fears over competition with remedies

Deutsche Lufthansa AG’s €325 million ($351 million) investment in Italy’s ITA Airways is set to be approved by the European Union, in a boost to Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni’s attempt to cut her nation’s debt pile.
The EU’s competition arm is in the process of drafting an approval decision, after Lufthansa and the Italian government addressed remaining sticking points, according to people familiar with the matter who spoke under condition of anonymity.
Lufthansa filed a final remedy package earlier this week which has calmed EU fears over preserving fair competition particularly on long-haul routes, which will also help to keep prices down for consumers, the people said.
Watchdogs have until July 4 to rule on the deal. The people stressed that the content of the draft decision could still change ahead of this date.
Goldorak likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.