Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copa Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Copa Tickets

I booked a Copa flight with FB miles on KLM website. Everything went through, miles deducted and cc was charged. Using the booking code provided by KLM, I cannot find the booking on Copa website. Is this normal? Is there a matching code with Copa I need to get from KLM?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by sunnyjas
I booked a Copa flight with FB miles on KLM website. Everything went through, miles deducted and cc was charged. Using the booking code provided by KLM, I cannot find the booking on Copa website. Is this normal? Is there a matching code with Copa I need to get from KLM?
very likely.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sunnyjas
Yes. Unlike DL, Copa isn't a close partner. The KLM PNR won't be in Copa system. You'll need Copas PNR.

BTW, great airline especially for Central/South America.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply! I was finally able to find the booking with the code provided by KLM in Copa app. Website still throws an error.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 1:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yes. Unlike DL, Copa isn't a close partner. The KLM PNR won't be in Copa system. You'll need Copas PNR.

BTW, great airline especially for Central/South America.
It used to be great. Today the connectivity is scarce (and that's really where they would stand out), food is horrible, lounges are an insult to frequent travelers and service has never been a thing for Panamanians anyway.
wuzziduzziman likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Milkman
It used to be great. Today the connectivity is scarce (and that's really where they would stand out), food is horrible, lounges are an insult to frequent travelers and service has never been a thing for Panamanians anyway.
PTY is in process of building and opening whole new terminal with new Copa lounge. Gates (but not anything else) are already open in it.

Copa has also taken a number of 737MAX9 with lie flat seating for F. All brand new and really comfortable.

They still serve hot meals, more than what most airlines are doing in this market.

When was last time flew them? I did in December and it was great service.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by flyerCO
PTY is in process of building and opening whole new terminal with new Copa lounge. Gates (but not anything else) are already open in it.

Copa has also taken a number of 737MAX9 with lie flat seating for F. All brand new and really comfortable.

They still serve hot meals, more than what most airlines are doing in this market.

When was last time flew them? I did in December and it was great service.
I had a few flights with them in October and November. On a 2 hour flight in business they served a soft drink and two tiny bags of snacks. On a PTY-MEX in Y they served a major chunk of white bread with something resembling a slice of the cheapest chicken breast they could possibly have dug up in a San Miguelito street market.
The new terminal in PTY was operating already before Covid, but that's no excuse for not having even a warm sandwich in your business lounge on your hometurf.
I lived 3˝ years in PTY from 2015 to 2018 and used CM to the extend that I managed to reach Presidential Platinum status. What they offer today is nowhere near then - that goes for service in both J, Y and in the lounges.

I have 5 CM flights coming up in Feb. Let's see if anything has improved.

But this is an AF/KL forum so let's stay on topic.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by Milkman
Have to agree that the lounge in PTY is anything but comfortable and pleasant
Xandrios likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.