ITA (ex AZ) partner of skyteam but FB?

Old Dec 28, 21, 5:46 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Programs: FB Platinum • LH Senator • BA Bronze • ITA Premium
Posts: 196
ITA (ex AZ) partner of skyteam but FB?

Hi, I've flown a FCO-LHR operated by ITA with ETKT 055xxx.
Asking for a claim to earn miles to FB customer service, they reply to me as follow: ITA is not partner of FlyingBlue program and, for so, we cannot credit your miles.

I know that ITA is partner of Skyteam, how is it possible that I cannot earn miles with flyingblue?
AZ112 is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 6:29 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AMS / ATH
Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Posts: 6,261
Most likely - because those agreements haven't been made yet. ITA is still in the process of even being able to offer premium services to their own business class passengers (From what I hear lounge access is not available, for instance). I'm guessing that they simply haven't made any arrangements with external FFPs about earning rates. Is it possible to collect miles with their own FFP at this time?
Xandrios is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 6:50 am
  #3  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW / TBS
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor Platinum / Hilton Diamond / TAP Miles&Go Gold / IHG One Platinum
Posts: 1,973
Originally Posted by AZ112 View Post
they reply to me as follow: ITA is not partner of FlyingBlue program and, for so, we cannot credit your miles.

I know that ITA is partner of Skyteam, how is it possible that I cannot earn miles with flyingblue?
ITA is a full skyteam member not partner , however it is possible that FB havent updated yet their T&C to include ITA , however i can see they removed AZ already from their website

So give other ST airlines time to create new charts for ITA , will take few weeks or months
fifty_two is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 9:37 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Programs: FB Platinum • LH Senator • BA Bronze • ITA Premium
Posts: 196
Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
Most likely - because those agreements haven't been made yet. ITA is still in the process of even being able to offer premium services to their own business class passengers (From what I hear lounge access is not available, for instance). I'm guessing that they simply haven't made any arrangements with external FFPs about earning rates. Is it possible to collect miles with their own FFP at this time?
His FFP "Volare" hasn't started yet.
But for instance, it is now possible add a Skymiles number during the booking procedures on ITA website.
AZ112 is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 9:39 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Programs: FB Platinum • LH Senator • BA Bronze • ITA Premium
Posts: 196
Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
ITA is a full skyteam member not partner , however it is possible that FB havent updated yet their T&C to include ITA , however i can see they removed AZ already from their website

So give other ST airlines time to create new charts for ITA , will take few weeks or months
come on, member or partner...
AZ112 is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 12:45 pm
  #6  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW / TBS
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor Platinum / Hilton Diamond / TAP Miles&Go Gold / IHG One Platinum
Posts: 1,973
Originally Posted by AZ112 View Post
come on, member or partner...
Yes but there is a distinction between partners and members ..... my point is that as a full member in theory FB and all FFP of ST must publish a chart about earnings from ITA but its not done yet

Meanwhile PS is a KL partner , you can earn miles with them but they are not ST members , so KL can simply do codeshare with them , never think about reciprocity , and you wont earn anything on FB at all and vice-versa for Panorama members
fifty_two is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 1:06 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Programs: FB Platinum • LH Senator • BA Bronze • ITA Premium
Posts: 196
Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
Yes but there is a distinction between partners and members ..... my point is that as a full member in theory FB and all FFP of ST must publish a chart about earnings from ITA but its not done yet

Meanwhile PS is a KL partner , you can earn miles with them but they are not ST members , so KL can simply do codeshare with them , never think about reciprocity , and you wont earn anything on FB at all and vice-versa for Panorama members
ok, I knew that an airline could have a direct partnership agreement with another airline that is part of an alliance without the first being part of it, but what you claim, if I understand correctly, is something else that is: an airline (ITA) is a partner of an alliance (SkyTeam) even without necessarily having an agreement with the other partners of that alliance (SkyTeam).
I think it is more likely a problem of adaptation / updating of Skyteam partners about the new ITA entry.

Last edited by AZ112; Dec 29, 21 at 1:43 am
AZ112 is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 1:12 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 19,170
I believe the problem is more on ITA side than on ST/all ST airlines side. ITA is still not able to launch their own FFP (it's delayed again) and associated benefits, so benefits on/with other airlines will come after.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Dec 28, 21, 1:38 pm
  #9  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW / TBS
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor Platinum / Hilton Diamond / TAP Miles&Go Gold / IHG One Platinum
Posts: 1,973
Originally Posted by AZ112 View Post
what you claim, if I understand correctly, is something else that is: an airline (ITA) is a partner of an alliance (SkyTeam) even without necessarily having an agreement with the other partners of that alliance (SkyTeam).
Nope , i said ITA is a new member of ST , however the matter of which booking class earn or not is discussed between new airline and older members before/during integration of a new alliance member

Originally Posted by AZ112 View Post
I think it is more likely a problem of adaptation / updating of Skyteam partners about the new ITA entry.
Yes me too, somewhere in the middle it went too fast for the cat to catch the mouse
AZ112 likes this.
fifty_two is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread