Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancel award ticket on air france

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:13 am
BCH

Originally Posted by SF_trotter
I am in a similar situation, and wasn't sure whether the departure date cutoff for refunding award tickets was 30 March (according to the Flying Blue website) or 31 July (according to the Air France site). And now based on your experience, it seems like it's at least through July 2022?!

Which number did you call, btw?
800-375-8723 Flying Blue USA Customer Support
Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:33 am

Update: I called and the agent quickly cancelled my ticket for travel in April 2022 without fuss. She volunteered to rebook to my new preferred date, but I told her I'd do it myself. She also said the miles would re-credit immediately (which it did), and that the taxes and fees would be refunded within 2-3 days. If true that would be a lot quicker than the 4-6 weeks some posters had reported previously.

Thanks BCH for the tips.
Carel1 and FabCW like this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 9:32 am

Update 2: Cash portion of refund was indeed credited within a couple days of cancellation. Kudos to KLM/Air France for the generous flexibility. The only possible improvement would be if we could cancel online without calling.
Carel1 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
What is the normal award ticket cancellation or redeposit fee for Air France miles? I am thinking of booking for travel in August 2022.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by opus2002
What is the normal award ticket cancellation or redeposit fee for Air France miles? I am thinking of booking for travel in August 2022.
45 EUR. Or may be it increased to 50, not sure
opus2002 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 2:14 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Goldorak
45 EUR. Or may be it increased to 50, not sure
It is indeed 50 € now.
opus2002 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by BCH
800-375-8723 Flying Blue USA Customer Support
This number took me to an automated line that directed me to choose a language and then gives two options (regardless of which language you choose). The first option is to join Flying Blue, the second option is to learn more about Flying Blue. Both of these options play a recording directing you to flyingblue.com and then the line automatically disconnects. I found it comical at how unsupportive this "support line" is.

I am trying to cancel an award flight to Paris tomorrow and dialed AF support at (800) 237-2747. I'd been on hold for 23 minutes (a shorter time than I expected) when customer rep came on, said she could not assist and I need to contact Flying Blue. She's checking to see if they're available. This is on a Saturday morning in the central U.S.

I suppose I could just try rebooking for some future date prior to Mar 31 2022 using the online portal and then call to cancel later.

CSR has now informed me that FB line is indeed open and she'll connect me. I asked her what number she was going to connect me to and she said, "the same line, just option 2." Okay, well now I'm back on hold with different music. Although I wouldn't call this music, it is completely garbled, I can't even understand the recorded voice that comes on every 30 seconds to say what I presume is something about agents being busy. Boy I wish I had some elite status, this is a rollercoaster!

FB agent came on after about 10 minutes, but the connection was atrocious. I could barely understand her, there seemed to be about a five second delay, and I had to shout into the phone to be heard. But we miraculously somehow got my flight canceled. I do hope I can visit France again soon, perhaps later next week.
Solevita likes this.

Last edited by xenophile; Dec 18, 2021 at 8:19 am Reason: Adding the denouement
Old Jan 9, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: Yes.
It is only 50 euro for flights after July 1. Also has anyone had trouble getting the cash portion of an award back. I'm seeing approx $700 in fees i wan to make sure i wouldn't lose.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by econjon
It is only 50 euro for flights after July 1. Also has anyone had trouble getting the cash portion of an award back. I'm seeing approx $700 in fees i wan to make sure i wouldn't lose.
only one instance to report during summer 2020 and it was no problem.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:00 pm

Any evidence of them waiving the €50 cancelation fee?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 11:51 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by dwhelan5
Any evidence of them waiving the €50 cancelation fee?
I canceled two award tickets a few weeks ago and got a full miles & cash refund.
It's even more generous than normal tickets for which booking fees are never refunded.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; DL Gold; UA Silver; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by maalloc
I canceled two award tickets a few weeks ago and got a full miles & cash refund.
It's even more generous than normal tickets for which booking fees are never refunded.
what was your original travel dates? if before june 30, 2022 then it should be full refund with no fees. seems like flights in july or later incur standard change / cancel fees
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by homeone
what was your original travel dates? if before june 30, 2022 then it should be full refund with no fees. seems like flights in july or later incur standard change / cancel fees
Do new bookings today have this same policy? Waiver for flights before July 1, 2022?
Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by frudd38
Do new bookings today have this same policy? Waiver for flights before July 1, 2022?
No. Since 1 March, the full flex has gone away regardless of travel dates. I would supposed you can modify without a surcharge but canceling would incur a fee.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

I canceled today without a fee....miles back immediately 15 minutes on hold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.