Wiki Posts
Search

SkyPriority for travel companions

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2021, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
SkyPriority for travel companions

Will my travel companion receive the same benefits as me, as Flying Blue Gold, when we travel together, e.g. boarding, security etc.? My travel companion is basic member.
Old May 19, 2021, 5:47 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Officially no. In practice quite possibly, depending on what. Security quite possibly not.
Old May 19, 2021, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. I kind of suspected it would like that :-)
Old May 19, 2021, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It seems, from my experience, you do get the priority boarding if they are with the person who has the status, and the lounge, definitely. The problem is security and that tends to be the sticking point, because the airlines have to pay the security providers (as they do with the lounges) but priority boarding costs them nothing.
Old May 19, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
You can alsways ask at checkin for a boarding pass with sky-priority on it for your companion.
Old May 19, 2021, 1:32 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Mr Lar
Will my travel companion receive the same benefits as me, as Flying Blue Gold, when we travel together, e.g. boarding, security etc.? My travel companion is basic member.
Hi

you need to be both in the same booking , and it need to be done from your account

Your companion will receive skypriotity on his boarding pass + additional luggage allowance
Lounge can be granted assuming for free assuming you both visit the lounge together (you can bring one guest for free)
Old May 19, 2021, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by fifty_two
Hi

you need to be both in the same booking , and it need to be done from your account

Your companion will receive skypriotity on his boarding pass + additional luggage allowance
Lounge can be granted assuming for free assuming you both visit the lounge together (you can bring one guest for free)
You are talking about an award redemption, but I think OP is talking about a regular (revenue) booking. If the latter, SP privileges are not transferred to travel companions.
Old May 19, 2021, 3:58 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You are talking about an award redemption, but I think OP is talking about a regular (revenue) booking. If the latter, SP privileges are not transferred to travel companions.
Oh yes thanks that's correct , it was an award ticket in my case
Old May 19, 2021, 8:49 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Don't count on any skypriority privileges for your travel companion and your expectations might be met or exceeded. Or just book Delta instead of KL/AF, they'll add benefits to multiple pax in your booking.
Mr Lar likes this.
Old May 19, 2021, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by westi2002
You can alsways ask at checkin for a boarding pass with sky-priority on it for your companion.
Tried that enough times to know it doesn't work. But my trips always originate at outstations so maybe that's why.
Mr Lar likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 2:48 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Concerto
Tried that enough times to know it doesn't work. But my trips always originate at outstations so maybe that's why.
I concur that adding SP to the boarding pass for fellow travellers doesn't work at outstations. That said, check-in agents can move them next to you if ask for it, even though these travellers don't have status and can only OLCI at the back of the plane.

About priority boarding... that's a whole different story. It's commonly a zoo and SP isn't always (euphemism) enforced. So grabbing both boarding passes with yours on top and entering the SP lane (which might be already filled with the usual bunch lost students and free-riding grandmas anyway) will work 90 % of times. Heck, that's even what check-in agents suggest to do anyway when flying with a non-status pax...
Mr Lar, blairvanhorn and carnarvon like this.
Old May 21, 2021, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Thank you :-)
Old May 21, 2021, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply. Ii seems like SP boarding will always be Ok (we are booked in the same PNR) but security is a bit uncertain. I will try my best at the counter :-)
maalloc likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
From CDG, I have never had an issue clearing security with a companion. At out stations (and maybe from AMS) it might not be possible, especially when you need to scan your BP.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old May 29, 2021, 4:27 am

Programs: FB:Plat ALL:Plat
In ORY, you have to scan your BP. If you try to go to Accès N°1, the companion BP will be denied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.