Covid-19: KQ rebooking policy

Old Apr 21, 2021, 3:50 am
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Covid-19: KQ rebooking policy

Hi,
Does anyone here have the latest rebooking policy of KQ in current pandemic situation?
I was supposed to travel coming weekend on the return portion - as expected this trip is not going to happen due to current situation including that the flight is cancelled.
I was told 2 options was available
- refund
- leave the ticket open (which I took) - however I was informed that they cannot extend the ticket validity and rebook to 2022. I do still want to travel to back to Kenya/Africa.

Is this the official policy? Can't find this info on the kenya-airways website.

Thanks in advance
Cheers!
Old Apr 21, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
I'm very curious about their policy too since we have an upcoming return trip to DAR soon.
Have you tried to contact them via WhatsApp ( +254 705 474747) ? They reply very quickly and hope they can clarify this point.
So they stopped flying domestic, to US and to UK? Situation is becoming tricky...
Old Apr 21, 2021, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
I'm very curious about their policy too since we have an upcoming return trip to DAR soon.
Have you tried to contact them via WhatsApp ( +254 705 474747) ? They reply very quickly and hope they can clarify this point.
So they stopped flying domestic, to US and to UK? Situation is becoming tricky...
I called the UK office today (just because I wanted to get a true KQ agent - calling the NL number, I believe it goes to KLM, though not sure since the relationship become sour last year). Anyway, the agent told me no ticket extension for flown tickets - only for unused tickets. Since my last change was Nov last year - this is until when I can keep my ticket open for rebooking but nothing beyond that.
I do wonder if this is their official policy as no where can I find anything on their website.

Cheers!
Old Apr 25, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Originally Posted by nldogbert
I called the UK office today (just because I wanted to get a true KQ agent - calling the NL number, I believe it goes to KLM, though not sure since the relationship become sour last year). Anyway, the agent told me no ticket extension for flown tickets - only for unused tickets. Since my last change was Nov last year - this is until when I can keep my ticket open for rebooking but nothing beyond that.
I do wonder if this is their official policy as no where can I find anything on their website.

Cheers!
Maybe you should think about a refund then because, as they advertise it, starting from the 27/04 some hot deals promos will be offered .
Keep us informed if you find more info in the meantime.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:23 am
Original Poster

I am going crazy with the customer service/rebooking policy of KQ. Now that things are starting to open up, wanted to rebook a ticket that was cancelled from last year. On the dates that I want to fly, KQ does not have the flight from AMS-NBO (my original routing is BRU-AMS-NBO). However an option found on the KQ website (all with KQ codeshare flight numbers) via AMS and LHR connecting to the KQ operated flight - they tell me that it's not possible because the routing changed. This was calling the UK office (I think it's connected back to the call centre in Kenya?)
At the same time also checking this on their Whatsapp function - I get s different story - no problem rerouting, but they are quoting me a price difference where it's much higher to just getting a new return ticket (this is the inbound ticket after flying the oubound back in 2019).

Why the different stories and policies from the different agent and why can't they just do a simple rebooking and even if they need to reprice, I found that even if now I purchased the same routing, with the correct sub classes, fare difference should be minimal even if my original Z class is not available anymore for the in bound.. rather illogical.

Any propose way to work with handle them?

Cheers!
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:28 am
Original Poster

hi,

Not sure again if anyone here has rules on expired tickets - so still on my situation with KQ, they told me since I did not rebook end of last year, the ticket is not valid anymore and are not going to extend the validity. However now they are also saying that since the ticket is expired I cannot even request for a refund (it was turned into an open ticket).
Does anyone here knows what exactly are my rights here in this case.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Hey there - no real answer to give (sorry!) but sharing my experience in case that's helpful to some. I had a couple of flights turned into vouchers. Wanted to spend them but those can only be spent (or I was told on their whatsapp) on KQ flights (sold and operated by, ie. no codeshare). So I couldn't purchase a CDG-AMS-NBO. Instead asked for a refund, checked back with them twice and it was refunded after about 2 months on my Amex.

nldogbert likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.