Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue Platinum For Life......

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2022, 7:47 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by ddjimi
I have been platinum for 5 years. I have a balance of 2840 xp. If I don't travel anymore in 5 years. I will be platinum for life. I am right?
As long as rules don’t change in the meantime, you will be.
So no guarantee… but you are halfway there.
Old May 23, 2022, 10:43 pm

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
I remember back in the days, one needed to take at least one AF/KL flight a year to keep the platinum for life. Is this the case still?

SB
Old May 23, 2022, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by strikerbird
I remember back in the days, one needed to take at least one AF/KL flight a year to keep the platinum for life. Is this the case still?

SB
No once you are Platinum For Life there are no minimum requirements anymore.
Old May 28, 2022, 4:17 am

Can someone explain what is meant by 'age related discrimination' on PFL and what is considered young/old for platinum or PFL?

I'm working towards PFL and would assume I'm closer to the 'young' end but not sure and not clear on why it matters (beyond the obvious).
Old May 28, 2022, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by FlyingBlonde89
Can someone explain what is meant by 'age related discrimination' on PFL and what is considered young/old for platinum or PFL?
If you are referring to post #2: in the past, AF has been known to grant PFL perks for way longer to younger member than older ones.

This might have something to do with the fact that they tend to stick around longer...
johan rebel and hhdl like this.
Old May 28, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: FB platinum
Originally Posted by maalloc
If you are referring to post #2: in the past, AF has been known to grant PFL perks for way longer to younger member than older ones.

This might have something to do with the fact that they tend to stick around longer...
Does that mean they remove platinum status to some PFL members? On what grounds?
Old May 28, 2022, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by lynxy
Does that mean they remove platinum status to some PFL members? On what grounds?
No, it’s a joke reminding us all that we are not immortals, so younger PFL members get the unfair advantage of using the program longer.

Also, as Xandrios noted above, all our PFL plans hold while Flying Blue exists in its current form. Given how precarious AF financials are, I wouldn’t bet it’s still going to be there 10 years from now.
johan rebel, lynxy and hhdl like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 1:33 am

I have been fortunate enough to have been PFL since Day 1.
Sometimes acknowledged while travelling, sometimes not.
However I called the PFL number to enquire if I could get two Virgin Upper Class Award seats on a particular day as nothing was showing . 100% result. Flying in two weeks time.
I can't be sure that was down to PFL but I wouldn't have got them otherwise I don't think.
Old May 29, 2022, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mikeact
I called the PFL number
Is there such a thing?

I thought there was just one number for plats of all stripes.

Johan
Old May 29, 2022, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Is there such a thing?

I thought there was just one number for plats of all stripes.

Johan
you are correct.
Old May 30, 2022, 1:07 am

Sorry, used the number on the back of the card.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 2:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
I have just become PLF and made my first trip as PLF. experience: nothing different to Platinums. Was traveling KL long haul as a family of 4.
I have seen in the past that others thatjust became PLF received a €200 voucher from KL and a special welcome to the club. Nothing here for me. I guess that is the new way or have other received sone kind of recognition?
Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: AF Platinum Life, Aeroplan Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Brendan88
I have just become PLF and made my first trip as PLF. experience: nothing different to Platinums. Was traveling KL long haul as a family of 4.
I have seen in the past that others thatjust became PLF received a €200 voucher from KL and a special welcome to the club. Nothing here for me. I guess that is the new way or have other received sone kind of recognition?
So you got more than I did from AF some years ago: a voucher for CAD 200 and a thank you note. Nothing like George Clooney in "Up in the Air". On the other hand I get every year a pair of new PFL baggage tags.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 7:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by kemor
So you got more than I did from AF some years ago: a voucher for CAD 200 and a thank you note. Nothing like George Clooney in "Up in the Air". On the other hand I get every year a pair of new PFL baggage tags.
I think you may have misread my post, I got 0.
Was just wondering if it was common practice for AF/KL to give something or not. Since you got CAD 200 and I have seen it in the past happen as well, I guess it was common practice.
The yearly new pair of tags has come to an end as well. This year you will not receive them any more. From now on you only get them when you become PLF and not yearly.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 1:10 pm

Programs: AF Platinum Life, Aeroplan Silver, Accor Silver
Next month I will be flying AF again after a three years break. For my flights I will get plenty of miles and also some XP. Here is my question: as a Platinum For Life what do I need the XPs for? I can use miles for various rewards, but what can I use XPs for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.