Wiki Posts
Search

Whacky award routings honoured?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2021, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Whacky award routings honoured?

I can see some whacky routings being suggested by the Flying Blue on-line award booking engine. I don't want to go into too much detail for fear of being crucified by those in the know but I am sure the FB pros know what I am talking about. For example, Aegean Miles&Bonus are infamous for offering scenic routings on-line which are then manually cancelled a few days after booking. Does FB have a similar record or are you usually safe once a ticket is issued? I'd like to be reasonably sure before I transfer any MR points. Many thanks, ps
Old Jan 3, 2021, 1:11 pm

If you talk about an award like Region1-Region2-Region1 for the price of an intra-region award, yet, that is totally fine. Got one booked over the phone and the agent even offered an extra segment on top of that.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by planestupid
Does FB have a similar record or are you usually safe once a ticket is issued? I'd like to be reasonably sure before I transfer any MR points. Many thanks, ps
Given that we are facing a period of reduced travel that will likely extend for the next few years, just beware that there is at least a greater than usual chance that some of your sectors will be cancelled between the point the ticket is issued and the point you wish to fly, and your rebooking options are likely to be on a different routing given that you appear to be favouring an "out of the way" booking now.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 3:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by planestupid
I can see some whacky routings being suggested by the Flying Blue on-line award booking engine. I don't want to go into too much detail for fear of being crucified by those in the know but I am sure the FB pros know what I am talking about. For example, Aegean Miles&Bonus are infamous for offering scenic routings on-line which are then manually cancelled a few days after booking. Does FB have a similar record or are you usually safe once a ticket is issued? I'd like to be reasonably sure before I transfer any MR points. Many thanks, ps
In my experience A3 awards on scenic routes dont get cancelled, but wander what your actual experience is
747jetter likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
As suggested by Irishguy28, in the current times, it is better to fly direct or with the minimum number of connections. Even if some sectors are not cancelled, you may face issues with PCR tests required for connections with different timings allowed making it impossible to comply with. So choose the most direct route, even if it costs you more in miles.
irishguy28, fifty_two and BobTL like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.