FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Credit for JL marketed, GA operated sector (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/2030708-credit-jl-marketed-ga-operated-sector.html)

wmaciej Dec 18, 2020 6:41 am

Credit for JL marketed, GA operated sector

Both JL and GA are FlyingBlue partners - can I credit a JL marketed but GA operated flight to FlyingBlue? Which earning chart would apply in such case?

fifty_two Dec 18, 2020 7:25 am

Originally Posted by wmaciej (Post 32894816)
Which earning chart would apply in such case?

is this part of a multi segments journey where you already gave your flying blue ID ?

Best would be to submit a claim manually , if the BP shows a GA code with a booking class which is earning something then do it this way

If the JL code earns something then submit the claim as part of the general booking

Both JL and GA are FlyingBlue partners - can I credit a JL marketed but GA operated flight to FlyingBlue?

i think its the airline who sold the ticket , which determines how it will be credited , is this flight JL coded ??

wmaciej Dec 18, 2020 8:07 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two (Post 32894880)
is this part of a multi segments journey where you already gave your flying blue ID ?

Best would be to submit a claim manually , if the BP shows a GA code with a booking class which is earning something then do it this way

If the JL code earns something then submit the claim as part of the general booking

i think its the airline who sold the ticket , which determines how it will be credited , is this flight JL coded ??

it is a JL ticket and I intend to credit JL sectors to BA, except for the one operated by GA, which isn’t BA’s partner.
Which chart is used varies by the alliance - in OneWorld it’s the marketing carrier that matters, in Star - the operating one. Not sure about SkyTeam...

NickB Dec 18, 2020 8:34 am

Both JL and GA are FlyingBlue partners - canit I credit a JL marketed but GA operated flight to FlyingBlue? Which earning chart would apply in such case?

Just because both airlines are flying blue partners, it does not necessarily mean that you can earn on codeshares between them. This would be possible if both of them were ST airlines but JL is not and the flying blue pages explicitly state that you can earn on JL (or NU) marketed flights only when they are operated by JL, AF or J-Air.

Originally Posted by FlyingBlue Website
Earn Miles and gain XP on flights marketed as Japan Airlines (JL), Japan Trans Ocean (NU) and operated by Japan Airlines, Air France or J-Air, as per the earning scheme below.

fifty_two Dec 18, 2020 9:26 am

Originally Posted by wmaciej (Post 32894969)
it is a JL ticket and I intend to credit JL sectors to BA, except for the one operated by GA, which isn’t BA’s partner.
Which chart is used varies by the alliance - in OneWorld it’s the marketing carrier that matters, in Star - the operating one. Not sure about SkyTeam...

Ok , now i understand , then based on what you said , plus what NickB mentioned , i would recommend to not enter any of your FFP in JL website if possible , same thing while flying , then claim manually all JL segments to BA

Otherwise you would probably need to unclaim the GA flight from BAEC which might be a painful and time consuming process

if the GA flight is coded GA or/and the BP is coded GA (and nowhere is mentioned JL) then keep the boarding pass , scan it and submit it manually to FB , (if you have a booking class/code which is earning something , for that check the FB sub section dedicated to GA)

In the end you won't loose anything but few seconds of your time