Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

What's economy class on delta flight booked Through KLM?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2020, 9:15 am
Original Poster

1. If I book a Delta domestic flight (DTW-LAS) using Flying Blue Points in "economy" class. Is that considered "basic economy", or "main cabin" for Delta?
2. After booking it am I able to upgrade it to comfort+ or first class using Sky miles or cash?
Old Dec 5, 2020, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by stanu
1. If I book a Delta domestic flight (DTW-LAS) using Flying Blue Points in "economy" class. Is that considered "basic economy", or "main cabin" for Delta?
2. After booking it am I able to upgrade it to comfort+ or first class using Sky miles or cash?
Its main cabin. There's no way to book basic on DL as an award except using DL skymiles.

Pull up the reservation in the DL app or online at delta.com. Pull up the seat map and click on a seat in F or C+ and it should give you a price to upgrade. There may also be an offer showing without pulling up the seatmap and selecting a seat. Note the offers can vary each time you pull it up.

Lastly it should be noted that DL is not currently serving any food (even for purchase) or drink except for water/wine/beer (even at 6am its water/wine/beer) in all cabins including F for domestic F flights. You will get a seat next to you blocked in F and middle seats in coach are blocked on all aircraft with three seats. (If plane has only 2 on one or both sides in coach the blocking will be different)
Old Dec 8, 2020, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. You made it clear now that all economy tix purchased with points through a partner are considered "main cabin". That helps a lot.

Yea I know about the lack of food/beverage items. I've taken 2 flights in the past few weeks and experienced it. Doesn't make sense to me that they can't serve sealed drinks but whatever lol.

Thanks again for the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.