Wiki Posts
Search

Promo awards October 2020

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2020, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Promo awards October 2020

Excuse me if it has been on for longer time but I thought promo's aren't available now.

Well, until end of OCT

Reunion 50% in biz
Cayenne 50% in biz
Fort de France 50% in biz
Pointe a Pitre 50% in biz

Especially Reunion is very appealing to me, you will mostly need to change between CDG and ORY if not starting in Paris but Reunion shows 1-2-1 config which I dont believe much (only for some flights tho)??? Also entry should be fine when it is France?
Old Oct 20, 2020, 4:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Excuse me if it has been on for longer time but I thought promo's aren't available now.
they are back ! but no so many people missed them , and less cause of covid

Especially Reunion is very appealing to me, you will mostly need to change between CDG and ORY .
yes , unless you book one of these few flights per year from CDG , you will need to change from CDG to ORY , so arrange yourself enough time for transit

if not starting in Paris but Reunion shows 1-2-1 config which I dont believe much (only for some flights tho)???
AF assigned new cabins to french overseas flights , so you might have old or new seats . Configuration might be different , so you need to check

Also entry should be fine when it is France?
For overseas islands and territories , you will need a RT-PCR , done no less than 72 hours before your ORY flight takes off , i do recommend to have the result of test in english

for mainland france , as far as i know a simple form is required , but stay in touch with requirements

For both flights = prg-cdg and ory-run , you will have some forms to fill-in, you can download them before flights and fill them at home
747jetter likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Oct 20, 2020 at 6:02 am
Old Oct 20, 2020, 7:21 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
The promo-awards of oktober are way worse then september.

I mean. 28.000 milles and taxes to fly in C ams-vie? Hell no, easyjet all the way.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 3:52 am

Programs: FB Gold
The promo for Fort-de-France is appealing to me, but have to weigh the cost of the surcharges versus just paying cash for a cheap eco ticket (and double XP earned).
Old Oct 22, 2020, 4:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mlin32
The promo for Fort-de-France is appealing to me, but have to weigh the cost of the surcharges versus just paying cash for a cheap eco ticket (and double XP earned).
Hi

few arguments to help you make the good choice
  • it used to be 22k miles for this route 1 or 2 years ago instead of 27k miles
  • now prices are cheap as hell , i haven't seen such low prices before on a so long period
  • most of these flights are operated by planes that were refurbished and some not yet , so it's russian roulette
  • difference between promo awards and full cash ticket is only around 200 euros
  • you earn 2x miles+xp as normal
so i recommend you to keep your miles and buy tickets instead , unless you want to go there in december
Old Oct 22, 2020, 5:27 am

Programs: FB Gold
Yeah, I noticed all the points you mentioned above. A cheap eco ticket runs around 450 € A/R whereas a J award ticket would still be 300 € or more in fees, and knowing my luck I wouldn't end up with a refurb aircraft. And yeah, the double XP nice to keep towards requalification next year.

I would travel in Nov but am hesitant to bite the bullet given that the gov't keeps rolling out new restrictions every week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.