Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Different prices for seat selection on AirFrance vs. KLM websites

Different prices for seat selection on AirFrance vs. KLM websites

Old Sep 2, 20, 9:06 am
Original Poster

[Country-dependent] Different prices for seat selection on AirFrance vs. KLM websites

Is it normal for seat selection to be priced differently depending on whether you select seats via the Airfrance website or KLM? Not a huge difference, mostly curious if this is typical. This is for an upcoming flight AMS-ATL on KLM metal booked directly through KLMs website.I'm new to KLM/Air France so apologies if this has been asked/answered before.

Last edited by jchock1; Sep 2, 20 at 9:51 am
Old Sep 2, 20, 9:10 am

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
Are you logged in to one of the two websites?
Old Sep 2, 20, 9:33 am
Original Poster

I answered my own question. It appears as though the price is related to the country rather than the website. When logging in to the Air France.nl website, the same pricing appears as when logging in to the klm netherlands website, and similarly, when logging into both airfrance.fr and klm.fr websites, the same (lower) pricing appears.

I was logged into my flying blue account in all instances.

Last edited by jchock1; Sep 2, 20 at 9:39 am
Old Sep 2, 20, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
Are you logged in to one of the two websites?
I was logged into both websites, I double checked, because I noticed the difference was 10%, which is the discount for explorers, and thought that might be the issue, but it just depends on which country you select. Tempted to go through all of the countries to figure out the cheapest for seat selection......

The non-discounted price on the .nl websites was 100 euros for Extra comfort, the non-discounted price on the .fr websites was 90 euros.

tecate55 likes this.

Last edited by jchock1; Sep 2, 20 at 9:46 am
Old Sep 2, 20, 9:56 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA EXP, A3*G, UA *G, LH FTL, CCarlson Gold, HH Gold
Interesting. I wonder if logging in on .de or other would yield yet another price.
Old Sep 2, 20, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Because I evidently have too much time on my hands, I checked Germany, Thailand, Venezuela (redirected to Panama website) UK, US, and Mozambique (redirected to South Africa website) and they all were the equivalent of 81/82 Euros for Economy comfort, so based on that random sample it seems Netherlands may be only country being charged more....
Old Sep 3, 20, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jchock1 View Post
Because I evidently have too much time on my hands, I checked Germany, Thailand, Venezuela (redirected to Panama website) UK, US, and Mozambique (redirected to South Africa website) and they all were the equivalent of 81/82 Euros for Economy comfort, so based on that random sample it seems Netherlands may be only country being charged more....
That won't help the eradication of the cliché of the Dutch as mercenary.
johan rebel likes this.
Old Sep 3, 20, 12:59 pm

I have just booked a trip to Casablanca from Leeds, via ams and Paris. KLM web site £489 air France £349. Exactly the same flights ???
Old Sep 4, 20, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Originally Posted by Tonic27 View Post
I have just booked a trip to Casablanca from Leeds, via ams and Paris. KLM web site £489 air France £349. Exactly the same flights ???
Please see:

airfrance.fr and airfrance.es : different prices!
Identical tickets, different fares. Why ?
AF- delta price difference for same flight

etc etc etc

Search this Thread
Search Engine: