multipaxs bookings and vouchers

Old Jul 28, 2020, 1:13 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Cool multipaxs bookings and vouchers

Hello folks !!

i have questions for you regarding vouchers

Let's say i would like to book AF light tariff tickets for 2 persons and afterwards the second pax can't join

what are my options ??? can i ask a voucher for the amount of the 2nd pax ??? and if i get that voucher will it be under my name ???

Or should i make two separate bookings under my account , and then if my co-pax can't fly , i will claim the voucher under my name as i am the buyer ????

i can (and i will contact AF/KL) and ask for the theory but i wanted to know if you have experiences about this topic

Thanks !
Old Jul 28, 2020, 4:29 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Originally Posted by fifty_two
Let's say i would like to book AF light tariff tickets for 2 persons and afterwards the second pax can't join what are my options ??? can i ask a voucher for the amount of the 2nd pax ??? and if i get that voucher will it be under my name ???
Or should i make two separate bookings under my account , and then if my co-pax can't fly , i will claim the voucher under my name as i am the buyer ????
i can (and i will contact AF/KL) and ask for the theory but i wanted to know if you have experiences about this topic
The best option would be to call AF/KL and once you have expressed your intentions, make the reservation with the same agent. Vouchers are usually system-generated on the name of the passenger, irrespective of who made the booking or who paid. There is no such a thing as claiming someone else's voucher, even though agents can make some exceptions in specific cases. But I don't know if that still applies 4 months after the crisis started. Why don't just book your own ticket and have the 2nd passenger bookings its own ticket? Then you don't take any risk for his/her booking.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The voucher will only ever be issued in the name of the intending passenger.

It doesn't matter who paid - just like you wouldn't get the miles for their flight, neither would you get the voucher for their flight. (Well, you can presumably do everything online to cancel the flight and request the voucher, but it will still be issued in their name)

As such, the standard advice remains: never buy a ticket you suspect may not be used until such time as you know the ticket must be purchased.

Given that you appear to be prepared to travel regardless, why don't you just get your uncertain companion to book their own ticket?
Old Jul 28, 2020, 6:36 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The voucher will only ever be issued in the name of the intending passenger.
Ok , so you confirm what i suspected

As such, the standard advice remains: never buy a ticket you suspect may not be used until such time as you know the ticket must be purchased.
thanks for reminder

Given that you appear to be prepared to travel regardless, why don't you just get your uncertain companion to book their own ticket?
Originally Posted by arjen05
Why don't just book your own ticket and have the 2nd passenger bookings its own ticket? Then you don't take any risk for his/her booking.
Yes , iam thinking about the same idea , but its me who wants to make a surprise and take a step-family member of a journey with me .

So i guess i will buy a flex ticket and in case he cant join i will ask for reimbursement . Is this option better ??? Cause the reimbursement should be done to the account linked with the card who paid for the flight
Old Jul 28, 2020, 7:09 am

Yes , iam thinking about the same idea , but its me who wants to make a surprise and take a step-family member of a journey with me .
In that case don't put his/her frequent flyer number in the booking, otherwise a confirmation and ticket will be sent to the registered email address.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 7:15 am

Programs: FB plat for life
When calling the Plat Service line they let me use vouchers in other people’s name when I explained that I received them as I paid for the original tickets, no issue at all.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by pjhartog
When calling the Plat Service line they let me use vouchers in other people’s name when I explained that I received them as I paid for the original tickets, no issue at all.
As I already mentioned exceptions can be made. The OP is FB gold.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 8:15 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by arjen05
As I already mentioned exceptions can be made. The OP is FB gold.
yes but the problem about exceptions , is that they are not the rule and dont always apply . I think i will go with flex rather than light , its 33% more expensive but it will be less risky
Old Jul 28, 2020, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
So i guess i will buy a flex ticket and in case he cant join i will ask for reimbursement . Is this option better ???
Asking for reimbursement is never the best option!

The better option is: wait until you know he can join you. Then book!

(A flex fare in advance is probably not going to be much more expensive, if it is more expensive, than a Light fare booked closer to departure)

Or why not just book a mileage ticket for him?
Old Jul 29, 2020, 1:28 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Asking for reimbursement is never the best option!

The better option is: wait until you know he can join you. Then book!
ok , will check the last minute prices and see if it is worth the price

Or why not just book a mileage ticket for him?
not enough miles for it now
Old Jul 29, 2020, 7:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
If the flight was cancelled due to corona, you can use the voucher in someone else's name. I confirmed this twice with the plat line before accepting the voucher.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 9:07 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by HalconBCN
If the flight was cancelled due to corona, you can use the voucher in someone else's name. I confirmed this twice with the plat line before accepting the voucher.
ok , but in my case it is just a plan , nothing booked yet , and it might be in a near future , so unless a new lockdown start , very low chances of cancellation without AF rebooking on next/previous flights

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.